Honeywell

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,626 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 125 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years (in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights
1,626 Employee Reviews

I'm still here but NO room for advancement..

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBeen with the company from the Allied Signal days --which were the best. Have possibly too much to lose (retirement) if I leave now, otherwise I would be gone.

ConsIf you are a minority, you're not going anywhere I've realized. Good old boy system still alive and well here. The insurance is the WORST I've ever seen or heard of for manufacturing jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of sharing survey results from year to year and doing nothing -- make some changes where you see the problems are..

Great middle East job postings

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsLongevity of company. Helpful reviews of the greatness of the company. This company has a variety of jobs available in a multitude of careers.

ConsThis company has alot of jobs geared towards possibly engineers. Wish it had more vavariety's. Other than that looks like a good place.

Great GM oppty

VP-GM (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsHad the opportunity to run an acquisition, was very autonomous.

ConsUnfortunately, they moved to a more matrix structure, and the GM role went away.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meat Market

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe pay is better than average.

ConsYou'll spend most of your time fending off those who will stab you in the back to protect themselves.

Less than desirable

Hardware Engineer III (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsExcellent people to work with that one can learn a lot from. Flex time is great and job security is pretty good. I have learned a lot working with all different functions of engineering and production.

ConsGet your pay coming in the door as raises are minimal no matter how one performs. In 6 years only 3 raises of around 2% and that was site wide. I was asked to be a lead engineer on a program with no raise even though I negotiated for one. There are no stock options and no profit sharing. Just not much to excite one to go the extra mile. Production group is extremely understaffed which puts programs in a terrible 'bind' and does not please the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer employees a chance to build the company and therefore reap the rewards of that with stock options or bonuses/profit sharing. Listen to your employees and don't rely on static numbers that are disconnected with reality in order to hire personnel.

Unpleasant

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Wayne, NJ

ProsIntimate, small, fast paced environment.

ConsToo much workplace bullying and disrespect to staff.

A large site with a lot of problems

Production Scheduler (Current Employee) Urbana, OH

ProsA decent company to work for if you can get hired as Permanent/Full Time (benefits, paid time-off, etc).

ConsContract/Temps employees are treated like second class citizens. They are *required* to work 10 hour days (including Saturday) while the Full time/Perm. employees get by with 8 hours a day and no w/ends. The company has MAJOR quality, finanacial and upper management issues. So bad that Honeywell Corp has recently brought in a "Fixer" to attempt to improve procedures/processes, management roles/responsibilities, quality and delivery problems. I've been told by many people here that Urbana does not reflect the true culture of Honeywell, and not to judge the company as a whole based on the practices and performance of this site. LOTS of nepotism here, which is part of the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart requiring your FT empl. to work as hard as your Contract empl. Hire the Contract empl. who do a good job for you instead of letting them go at the end of their contract....OR extending their contract to the max of 2 years only to let them go then rather than hire them one.

You'll learn a lot, but cash out before the culture drains you

ProsYou will be surrounded by smart people who will teach you a lot

Compensation is good

ConsCulture is becoming more dissatisfying by the day. The CEO's attitude towards the employee base is dismissive at best and unfortunately that attitude is starting to filter down throughout the individual business units.

While cash compensation is good, health benefits are among the worst in industry.

You are treated like it is an honor to work here.

Oppressive environment will leave you constantly on edge and frustrated. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that the share price rules above all, but it would be nice if you created an environment that made employees think that you care, even just a little bit.

Worst work environment that I worked ever. Worst decision to join this company and best decision to leave the company..

Engineering (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCutting edge technology. Big company and potentially opportunities are there for the taking if able to relocate to other sites. Lot of training on web if at all there is time outside work.

ConsNo professionalism, no respect or courtesy. Absolute disregard to personal and family time. Create a sense of insecurity in employees through the dreaded review system. It is a modern day slavery. Once the project is done, kick the employees out through reviews that are full of lies. Working at such companies shows how a dictatorship is in a democratic setup.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the small sites and what is happening there. They still bear your "Honeywell" name. There are ways to inspire employees to work voluntarily for long hours out of their own passion, not by brute force method by way of threat or insecurity.

Good company to work for - as long as you "know the right people"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company. It's practically impossible to get fired from Honeywell (this can be good AND bad).

ConsIf you know the right people, there is room for growth. Layoffs have been happening more frequently. There is a large amount of lack of accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees about what is wrong and what needs to be fixed. When an employee comes to you with an issue, don't brush it off, put it off until later, or try to make it "somebody else's" problem. Take accountability/actions to fix the problem. Otherwise, you are sending a message to your employees that you don't care. And, if upper management doesn't care, then why should the employees care?

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!