Honeywell

Honeywell Reviews in South Bend, IN

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 125 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits, perks and work life balance have been slipping last few years (in 44 reviews)

• upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights
11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

very supporting casts

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South Bend, IN

Proslove meeting the goals that Honeywell want from its employees as

Consevery one should be receiving same pay scale in each group

Advice to Senior Managementlearn the jobs as well as employee

Typical large Corporation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsStable company. Flexible work schedule.

ConsFrustrating, non-value added work. Honeywell seems to create its own problems. Communications are not very good. Vendors do not seem to be very developed or supportive.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove away from "check the box" management style to actually trying to define problems and fix them.

impressive when hiring in, total disappointment after hired

Machinist (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsOvertime makes up for poor wage
    Still working through the recession

ConsManagement has no commitment to there programs, ie. HOS.
    Upper management disconnected to what actually happens on shop floor.
    Extreme amount of management and supervisor turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire supervisors from within, or at least people that have worked in a factory previously.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lot's of Opportunities. Some are Great, Some are true "Widow Makers."

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsLot's of highly qualified, intelligent co-workers. Some of the best leaders I've ever worked for. Great internal training opportunities allowing you to develop your skills. Freedom to apply for new roles internal to the organization almost anywhere in the world.

ConsLarge enough and beurocratic enough that some very poor managers can hide in the system if they play the politics correctly. Individuals can be put in positions with no chance for success and then held accountable when the rest of the organization doesn't go along.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove accountability at shop floor level before flushing out so many salaried employees working hard to make improvements. Not the case at all sites but absolutely the case at some of them.

Learned alot, great people to work with

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsLearned so much, opportunity to move around a little if you play your cards right, good pay and used to be good benenfits for the area but not sure that is the case now. diverse workforce

Consoverworked, stress, FAVORITISM, company cares only about profits and short term goals, line the CEO pockets, very COLD atmosphere as far as personal "stuff", declining benefits, short staffed

Advice to Senior Managementremember you all put your pants on one leg at a time, no one is better than you, treat people with the same respect and dignity that you demand, invest, remember the long term, not short term goals, favoritism is rampant, reward loyalty and hard work & not necessarily long hours....

HON Aero

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsGreat people and terrific learning experience

ConsMatrix organization with remote management team

Not bad, but common big business pitfalls

Engineer (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsDecent salary, low stress level, work tends to be on and off at the start and end of the day with little carry over. Once in, access to internal job postings.

ConsBenefits shrinking rapidly. 401K used to be the best in the business and is now mediocre. Raises are cut this year due to a "bad economy" even though almost no other businesses are doing that and our stock is as high as its ever been. Standard GE review style where someone has to be at the bottom isn't great. Lots of big ideas and programs that don't end up going anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the new age MBAs. They're pushing everything to driving next quarter profits rather than investing in good products, employees, and the long term. If we could invest all of our cash for a year or two and make our customers happy we'd be on top of the industry again like we once were.

Great Community of Engineers

Engineer I Product Design (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsVery knowledgeable staff with experience in almost every industry. Very relaxed atmosphere.

ConsToo bureaucratic, leaving many needed projects left unfunded. Corporate is more interested in the short term profit rather than the long term savings.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's OK to spend money on the company to better the product!

Constantly doing more with less....

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsPay and benefits, as well as on the job education.

ConsToo few people and resources to do the job well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better

Acompany that does not care about employees or your family

Production (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

Prosthe people i worked with was the best part!!!! and the only part!!!!!

ConsManagement could care less about you or your family...good people on the floor,terrible managers and everyone on the floor knows dave cote hates the union and wants it out..He would like to pay employees 9-10 dollars an hour and rape them on thier insurance, metropalias plant confims this statement.. the division itself sell over 300 million in sales and the pay is only 16 dollars and they shove down your throat about how you should be thankful for your job..Don't have a death in the immediate family either,cheap company could'nt even send a card or flowers...the employees thier know more than mangement proven fact,if not for the employees the division would crumble...management is trained to hate the union point blank....i will only miss the people on the floor.....

Advice to Senior ManagementPULL YOUR HEAD OUT O F DAVE COTE _ _ _ and treat people like humans, Cause when the time comes and it is your job being taken away you'll realize how cold this company is, the employees thier are running that company as far as knowing the product and how to make it.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!