Honolulu Community College
www.hcc.hawaii.edu Honolulu, HI

Honolulu Community College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stepping stone type jobs here

Student Assistant (Current Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Honolulu Community College part-time for more than 3 years

Pros-relaxed (can be a pro or con)
-very flexible schedule tailored to student
-good as a first-time job or part-time job while in school
-family atmosphere

Cons-not very motivating
-(obviously) not a lot of opportunities for career development

Satisfying to the heart.

Lab Monitor/Tutor (Current Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Honolulu Community College

ProsI love to work and help fellow students out
Gets your foot in the door for other jobs within the system
Really flexible hours.

ConsPolitics. I imagine that every college in the country has a bureaucracy... Well, the UH system loves to flaunt that, and at times, it makes them look pretty bad.
multi-tasking into some other persons job title is frowned upon...even when you know what you're doing and you're able to fix or identify the problem on the spot.
Efficiency is held back....by the politics. Piggy-backing on the above problems, some of the practices and procedures date back to the 60's, and it's rather annoying when you're trying to present a more efficient way of doing something. After all, to the faculty's eyes, I'm just a student...even though I served in the military for 6 years, and managed a workcenter that handled the launch and recovery of a dozen F/A-18 Hornets that are worth 288 million dollars.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot all students graduated high school and went straight to this campus. Some people went ahead and seen the world and grabbed a little maturity and leadership skills before stepping into the classroom. Acknowledge that please.

Worked for Honolulu Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honolulu Community College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Honolulu Community College employees.