www.hooters.com

Updated November 22, 2014
3.2

Hooters CEO Terry Marks
Terry Marks

Pros
  • Flexible schedule unless they were under staffed ( which was almost always) Worked with this company for 3 years (in 18 reviews)

• Great environment to work in, good money, great benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, subjected to sexist comments, Management turn-over (in 15 reviews)

• too many girls on the floor during a single shift when its not busy at all (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love my job

Current Employee - Hooter Girl in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Hooter Girl in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Hooters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a fun job. you basically get to run around and hang out with a bunch of cool girls and get paid to talk to cool customers. The sexual harassment policy is really good.

Cons

Even though there are some really cool people i've met at work, there are a lot of creepers and it gets annoying.

Our heater is broken and it will be in the low 50s outside and the girls are freezing. it sucks. monitor and fix these types of problems.

Fun, but not worth the stress.

Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hooters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will hire you if your cute even if you have no past serving experience. And they will train you.
    The girls are a lot of fun and you can meet really cool people there.

Cons

Once they do all that, they will probably fire you because they have secret shoppers and if you don't do you 16 step you will get fired. A lot of girls do their steps but the shoppers don't understand the survey so they still get fired...

Stop changing Managers so often. Rather than focusing on what girls are doing wrong, focus of what you can do to make the company better.
    - Make sure your Tap machines are working properly
    -Make sure paper Towel dispenser works properly.
    -Don't over sit your servers if you want them to get all the 16 steps right.
    - If a girl gets double sat or triple or quadruple sat (it happens) if one of them are shoppers the shop should not count. It's dam near impossible to do a perfect shop in that situation.
    -(The previous two comments are only a problem because you keep firing GOOD working girls and don't have enough working. STOP doing that.)
    - Sitting at the table should not be one of the 16 steps. Some people are really creepy, and we don't wear a lot of cloths....
    - Selling Merch really takes away from time we should be spending with our tables. Someone else needs to be in charge of dealing with that. Birthdays, discounts, and photos, needy table are also part of this problem.
    -if those are things you want us to do while have 8 or more tables (with parties of 8+) you really have to adjust your times on the 16 steps.
    -Also hiring managers and assistant managers who know nothing about the company is so wrong. They only slow down the process and cause errors. Girls would be happier and customers would be too if girls who knew the system progressed upwards to managers.

management in los angeles

Former Employee - FOH Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - FOH Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hooters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

comfortable atmosphere. Jeans. Polo
    good starting salary

Cons

60 hours a week.
    pressure to sell merchandise
    dealing with an all girl staff
    incompetence in the upper levels
    bizarre pricing for drinks (southern comfort $8 for 1.25 oz)
    a dying concept that clings to a past existance

drop the high pressure sales tactics. get organized. there is a reason everyone at Hooters said to me, "Welcome to Hooters!" and they meant it sarcastically everytime something went wrong...pay attention to employee safety...no rubber matts in kitchen or bar...very dangerous enviornment.

Hooters Photos