Hooters

Updated Apr 12, 2014
Hooters – US – “Hooters”

Hooters President and CEO Coby G. Brooks

Coby G. Brooks

Pros:
  • "Fun atmosphere, flexible schedule, and the potential to make lots of monies if you work hard"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Also, depending on the location, you can make really good money"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes you work long hours not to receive good tips"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Sometimes there's too many girls scheduled and you get sent home"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great people, challenging, varied cultures and positive work environment.

Franchise Development (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hooters full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe life-long experiences and friends that can be accessed around the globe.

ConsCannot say anything negative about this company.

Fun Company to Work for

Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar (Current Employee)
Anderson, SC

I have been working at Hooters part-time for less than a year

ProsThis job was a lot of fun and had a laid back atmosphere. The managers were pretty great at supporting you especially if a customer was being problematic. The money is realllly good, easily one the best jobs I've ever had.

ConsYou have to show a lot but that requires a specific personality type. It can't really be a con because you know what you're signing up for when try to work here. Some of the stuff people said was over the top.

Wish upper management cared more.

Hooters Girl (Former Employee)

I worked at Hooters part-time for more than a year

ProsRelationship with staff and customers

ConsYou are easily replaced and are treated as such.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your servers. We are what makes the customers keep coming.

Corporate office is fun and laid back, but over-achievers are frowned upon.

I have been working at Hooters full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe environment is very laid back, all of the employees are friendly and newcomers are quickly adopted as family. Work can be slow or busy, and coworkers are eager to help in any way possible. Plus, there are a few added bonuses that aren't found in other equivalent positions, such as traveling, decent vacation time, and the benefits are certainly nothing to snub your nose at.

ConsSome challenges of working here can be directly related to the advantages of being employed at the Hooters corporate office. Job security is prevalent as long as you are doing your job, but there are plenty here who get through their day by performing the bare minimum, regardless of how they affect others. Raises are a bit of a joke, and supervisors are either hit or miss as they mistake their personal relationship they hold with you as an excuse for harsher treatment during off time. Drama isn't much of a problem, but politics are. I have thoroughly enjoyed being employed here, but those looking to move up and progress in the company have a slim chance of doing so, as managers/directors tend to supress advancement in the ranks in order to maintain coverage for that particular position.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management, don't forget how you felt in our shoes when you held our position.

Good Tips

Waitress (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

I worked at Hooters part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat tips, the music wasn't too bad either.

ConsWorking with gossipy girls, encouraged to flirt with creepy customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the girls more

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hooters full-time

ProsHooters is a fun and rewarding place to work. They offer full benefits and comparable salaries.

ConsAlmost all of the corporate people at Hooters of America are new. The company changed hands around 2011/2012. They are in the final stages of determining the direction of the company. They are making many changes to the concept. Mostly good changes but there are some negative changes as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people! Everyone from customers, Hooters Girls, kitchen staff and other managers. Hooters is more than just beer and chicken wings, it's about friendships and family.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Take care of those who take care of you.

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Hooters part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat money. Moderately flexible schedule. "Some" potential room for growth into management, but not guaranteed.

ConsLong hours, subjected to sexist comments, Management turn-over. Training from rookies. Very physical. Poor food quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management would be when a person has a family emergency, be more accommodating. Treat staff like you would want to be treated. Make your managers as accountable for their behavior as the servers are required to be, and be present when lower management has to reprimand a server. Hire qualified trainers, not just best looking hooters-girls.

Money yes, people no no no

Waitress (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hooters part-time for less than a year

ProsThe money. I mean I'm there are plenty other restaurants that you can make just as much, but it would be much harder work. The laid back atmosphere is cool too.

ConsPetty rude girls who act like they are in high school all over again! The look people give when you say you work at Hooters. Stay classy and go somewhere you get just as much money but with better uniforms!

A great opportunity, must be able to work well with others!

Hooters Girl (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hooters full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best things are tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, and a very family-like atmosphere with fellow employees. Lots of super nice regulars that tip really well. Relationships you build here will last a lifetime!

ConsCan be hard to get along with all the girls. Cooks can sometimes be jerks. Customers don't always tip well and can be slow at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to hold all employees to the same standards as well as a serious lack of communication among higher-ups in corporate and store managers.

Great place to work while in school

Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar (Current Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Hooters full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe hours are really flexible, especially while you're in school. Most of my best friends are girls I worked with from here. Can make really good money.

ConsIncome isn't stable, can have days you don't make much. With Hooters of America taking over there have been a lot of unpleasant changes and company has become very tight with its money.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a server is uncomfortable serving someone who is clearly intoxicated don't make them continue serving them. Try to make it enjoyable to work and not bring the girls down.

Worked for Hooters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hooters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hooters CEO Coby G. Brooks. All 138 reviews posted anonymously by Hooters employees.