Hooters Reviews

Reset
3.3
Hooters CEO Terry Marks
Terry Marks

Pros
  • Flexible schedule although a lot of hours isn't always guaranteed - depending on season and the number of girls on staff (in 18 reviews)

• Great environment to work in, good money, great benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, subjected to sexist comments, Management turn-over (in 15 reviews)

• Sometimes there's too many girls scheduled and you get sent home (in 5 reviews)

1. It is what you make it.

Former Employee - Hooters Girl
    Former Employee - Hooters Girl

I worked at Hooters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make great money if your personality shines through. You will not get along with every girl, but you can make some great friends along the way. Depending on the location you work at (not just in one city, but in a given state or country) you can be treated like a local celebrity. Also, use the customers you like as networking connections for other jobs later on down the road.

Cons

Each Hooters location is VERY different - the types of Girls, the managers, the customers, etc. Corporate versus franchise is also another thing to look out for. Franchise can have great benefit depending on the location because you can get away with more (costumed day, bikini car wash, etc.). If you end up at a not ideal location, go to another one! Some customers can be creeps so be careful - but if you don't already know that you shouldn't work there.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Some of the best managers in that company were once Hooters Girls themselves.

2. Not bad for entry serving

Former Employee - Hooters Girl in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Hooters Girl in Denver, CO

I worked at Hooters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy serving job. Not a lot of cleaning. Can be good money if you play your cards right.

Cons

Favoritism is very obvious. Most restaurants give their "top" employees best shifts. Be ready to compete and possibly deal with employee and management out-of-work relations.

Advice to Management

Try to hire from within and spot the employees that could move up in management. Also, don't hire sleepy managers who will play favorites.

Hooters Girl

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer, Bartender, Calendad Girl in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer, Bartender, Calendad Girl in Washington, DC

I worked at Hooters part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay Good friendships made Fun environment to work in Room for growth Travel/modeling opportunities

Cons

Everything depends on management. If you have a bad general manager you will not enjoy your job one bit Modeling aspect is political You spend 2 hours getting ready every day Jealousy/catty coworkers

Advice to Management

Listen to staff about how management is treating girls

5. Experience

Pros

Cons

Long nights difficult customers Great pay easy work sometimes depending on the type of days Saturday's were great days to make money but it was also very busy and sometimes a rough night my advice don't do weekends starting out as a newbie

Advice to Management

Help out run foodGreat pay easy work sometimes depending on the type of days Saturday's were great days to make money but it was also very busy and sometimes a rough night my advice don't do weekends starting out as a newbie

6. Hooters

Current Employee - Hostess in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Hostess in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Hooters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount food, fast paced atmosphere, 1% of tip share, flexible schedule, easy money, easy job once you get the hang of things

Cons

the girls can be very catty, if you have tough skin then you can handle this job, perverts, drunk, old men, some days your busy, other days its very slow and you get cut early, never got trained properly, I dont feel as important as the servers.

Advice to Management

train the girls better and handle situations with more care. many girls here get into many argruments/fights

7. Hooters Girl

Pros

the tips were great in the summer, the energy was amazing, coworkers were really sweet, and the uniforms are so comfy

Cons

Business slowed in winter to where I was losing money. We didn't get an employee discount anywhere else

Advice to Management

Please do not expect someone who lives further away to work days where business is slow and it is super cold out. I lost money working in the winter which is why I quit.

8. Hooters girl

Pros

Really easy process to get hired

Cons

Some days are busy and managers are unavailable. Time management is imperative

Advice to Management

Smile

9. Male Waiter

Former Employee - Male Waiter in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Male Waiter in Camden, NJ

Pros

Great place to meet men. The wings are pretty good. I work with lovely ladies that help me with my make-up choices.

Cons

Low tips, but this may be because I like to be flaming with the largely male population of customers. I mean I get seriously flaming

Advice to Management

Shirtless male waiter will improve the ambiance of the restaurant and may make the lady waiters and little excited, which pay improve the tips from male customers.

server/ trainer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Hooters full-time

Pros

great teamwork, excellent management, all of us girls were really close, always involved in community

Cons

working on Christmas and Thanksgiving,

11. Hells kitchen

Pros

Fast paced ladys are sweet

Cons

The management dont encourage you to work better but talk and mock the way you work

Advice to Management

Properly train and update with new employees on how they doing

RSS Feed </> Embed