Hooters

Hooters – US – “Hooters”

Hooters – US – “Hooters”

Hooters CEO Terry Marks

Terry Marks

Pros
  • Also, depending on the location, you can make really good money (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible schedule unless they were under staffed ( which was almost always) Worked with this company for 3 years (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, subjected to sexist comments, Management turn-over (in 15 reviews)

• too many girls on the floor during a single shift when its not busy at all (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Work and Have Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAll about the money. The Hooters Girl has the easiest and hardest job. I once got $20 for just bringing a guy a beer who wasn't even at one of my tables.

ConsUnwanted advances from creeps and older guys.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the girls backs a little more

Cook/Back-Of-The-House

Cook (Current Employee) West Springfield, MA

ProsIt's one of the best summer job you can get if you starting out, like if you done with high school this is the job for you.

ConsI never got told how much I was going to get paid or what to where the first day if you got the job. But Other than that everything is cool.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Job interview was easy and on the spot better than other restaurants. I applied on the restaurant and interviewed the same day. The Manager called me for a 2nd interview and that was with he 2nd Manager I guess cause it wasn't the same guy as the first time. He told me (We are looking for people that would like to work on the weekends and specially at night time) and he saw resume and saw that I got a serv safe and he told me if I had work experience, I told him no but I have worked in the kitchen cause I have a Culinary Certification from this career training school and he told me that I was going to start off with the dishes and after that with prep all the salads and if am ready he can put me on the cooking line. He also told me this is going to happen all in one week so are you ready? I said "yeah ready" I asked him when I was going to start he told me on Thursday because that's when he mostly schedule all the that are starting to work there and he told me am going to call in the evening so be ready.

Unprofessional

Hooter Girl (Former Employee) Farmingdale, NY

ProsYou are able to make your schedule weekly. May be able to train on the bar. Work off of tips.

ConsCliques and attitudes. Some girls were unprofessional. There was a lot of sidework before you could leave at night. Some days are slow

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on maintaining professional environment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hooters - Chinatown DC

Waitress (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsTIPS! Customers were mostly nice.

ConsEverything else. I was a college student trying to make money but was treated as if I had nothing going for me but my looks.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making your girls feel like strippers.

Hooters Executive Management

ProsLots of opportunities - bonus program is great if you can hit the budget goals

ConsSalary is not as competitive as they want you to believe - cannot grow a buisness without having new ideas - stop recycling the old ideas thinking they are new to everyone in the concept. More investment into people (management) - can lose your job if you get just 1 guest complaint - stop talking about being about your people and actually be about your people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking to Hooters Girls to be in management - they are not the future leadership of this company

Fun cooking oppurtunity

Cook (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsPay was fair, scenery was great, good internal social life

ConsSo many chicken wings to cook

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, just be careful not to fraternize too much

Great job, great money, fun atmosphere.

Hooters Corporate Trainer and Hooters Girl (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsExtremely flexible with school schedule. Great money. Laid back.

ConsHooters still gets a negative review from many. No room for growth. Poor benefits

Not worth the hype.

Hooter Girl (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGood networking opportunity if you were smart about it.

ConsThe lower your morals the higher your tip! You basically sign a huge packet saying you give away your right to sue for harrassment. The men are usually there to watch you and flirt so if you don't play into tht fantasy don't expect a good tip.

Corporate Trainer

ProsI love Hooters as a company. It is easy money. You come to work in your uniform, you get on the floor and you be you. You can sit with your tables. It's probably one of the easiest serving jobs you will have in your life.

ConsThe customers are always right. Working in a restaurant like Hooters, be prepared to be adored by men and hated by women.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really suck sometimes. Hooters is managements life, whereas, with the hooters girls its a stepping stone for another career path.

Best place ever

Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar, Trainer, Promo Girl (Former Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsPeople you work with waiting tabled

ConsCreepy customers some times at the store

Advice to Senior ManagementBouncers

Worked for Hooters? Contribute to the Community!