Hooters Reviews

Reset

1. great starter job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Hooters part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy, learn customer service skills keeps you disciplined teaches you how to make sales and patience multitasking skills and also your managers are nice. its like a big family. lots of room for growth they usually hire from within

Cons

people dont take you serious

2. Restaurant Manager

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Kïhei, HI
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Kïhei, HI

I worked at Hooters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, watch sports all day / night long, simple systems and operational structure.

Cons

Bad food, bad clientele / patrons, poor pay,

3. Great job

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer/Bartender in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer/Bartender in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Hooters part-time

Pros

I love hooters I owe them so much. They gave me a job when no one would because of my lack of experience. This job has taught me so much and I have met so many wonderful people. I moved up pretty quickly to lead corporate trainer and now I have an offer to be a manager. Because of hooters I learned how to deal with customers. How to stop being so shy and reserved and how to work hard. This is a great job to get you through college it's also a great job to have for life because they hire from within.

Cons

If you don't have good management then your experience may not be good. But luckily I have had great managers. I look forward to going to work.

Advice to Management

If you're a male manager you should have at least one female manager who understands females and their requirements.

5. Awesome job as a server or bartentender! Terrible career as a manager.

Current Employee - Bartender, Server, Previous Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Bartender, Server, Previous Assistant Manager

I have been working at Hooters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hooters can be a great and fun place to work! This is a job (as a server/bartender) where you actually decide how much money you want to make! Have met many people, customers and co-employees that are some of my best friends. Tips are fantastic, as long as you have a upbeat personality and work hard. There used to be room for advancement. Started in 2005 as a server, and by 2013 I was a full time salary assistant manager. However, things have changed since the company was bought out.

Cons

Management has went completely down hill for the past 4 years. The turnover rate is ridiculous, with myself included. I decided to stay with the company, and step back down to bartending because, I do love my job and want to keep my customers happy. Mgmt hours were crazy with little compensation. If you do your job and work hard, the company just uses and abuses you as a manager. Very hard to get respect as a female manager. Unfortunately, this company needs more female managers considering the type of business. There is no bonus structure. Too much micromanaging. The importance of keeping your customers and employees happy has completely been thrown out. All the company cares about NOW, is numbers/statistics/money. It didn't used to be this way.

Advice to Management

This is not another chain restaurant!! (Well, it seems that is what it is trying to be turned into.) The company is based on the Hooter Girls! Treat your hard working employees with respect, and learn to give them positive feedback. Ultimately, your Hooter Girls are what keep your customers coming back, if they aren't happy, then neither are your guests.

6. Not what you'd think

Current Employee - Server in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Hooters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The girls I work with are awesome, that's about it.

Cons

You won't make the money you think you will. You're basically paid the same as any other server, but you're also dressed provocative.

7. HG/Bartender

Current Employee - Hooter Girl in North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Hooter Girl in North Houston, TX

I have been working at Hooters (More than a year)

Pros

Quick and easy money No sexual harassment take credit card tips home that day

Cons

business gets slow so many duplications of concept that it's getting a bit outdated stores not as fun as they used to be stricter guidelines than before

Advice to Management

Keep girls happy and they will keep the business flowing

8. Be a good little Hooter Girl

Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Hooters part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn you strengths and weaknesses. You learn to deal with a variety of different customers. Learn to prioritize, think quickly, and manage yourself.

Cons

You may not always get the schedule you want. You may not always get the customers that you want. Flatware and silverware are scarce on weekends making you work twice as hard.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more per hour. More extensive and comprehensive training. Managers need to be more accessible and helpful to employees. PC training for all employees to make it a less harsh work environment for everyone involved.

9. Okay job

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Hooters

Pros

The tips were good, the girls were great and the uniforms are very comfortable

Cons

Schedule really isn't flexible they will schedule you how they want regardless of your schedule request

Advice to Management

Managers act like they could care less about how we feel about things or about we have to do

10. Best Company to Work for

Current Employee - Hooter Girl in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Hooter Girl in Topeka, KS

I have been working at Hooters (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company to work for. Everyone was so nice. I made very good tips and everyone was oh so friendly. Very nice place to work for.

Cons

There was a lot of hocus pocus and focus with your mom she gave me a very nice job. I was soo impressed by her silly smile it was so great like I can't even.

Advice to Management

I would tell them to have a good day and to make sure that my stomach was extra full. Like i dont understand why you must have a good day off the blue.

Ehhh!

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Hooters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment with great food.

Cons

Upper management (RM and above) talk like they care but don't really get things done.

RSS Feed </> Embed