Hooters

Hooters – US – “Hooters”

Hooters – US – “Hooters”

Hooters CEO Terry Marks

Terry Marks

Pros
  • Also, depending on the location, you can make really good money (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible schedule unless they were under staffed ( which was almost always) Worked with this company for 3 years (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, subjected to sexist comments, Management turn-over (in 15 reviews)

• too many girls on the floor during a single shift when its not busy at all (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) Independence, MO

ProsManagement is awesome at my store. I've been there 4 years and we've had some bad ones but they usually get weeded out within a year or so.

ConsHooters girls are a buzzkill. Lately, management has not been great at hiring attractive girls, and many of them are terrible workers. The nature of their job makes their heads big and many are difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost Hooters girls are going to suck just because of the nature of the job, but at least hire hot ones!!!

Great people, challenging, varied cultures and positive work environment.

Franchise Development (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe life-long experiences and friends that can be accessed around the globe.

ConsCannot say anything negative about this company.

Bartender, Trainer

Bartender (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can make a lot of friends. In my experience the girls for the most part worked together and watched out for each other the best we could. We went through so much hard times together that we basically became family.

ConsWhere to begin. Upper management or corporate is a Joke. They only care about numbers and secret shoppers. They have no clue what's actually going on in the stores. The hours are super long and since the store I've worked in has been understaffed almost the entire time I basically lived at hooters. I couldn't begin to tell you how many break violations I've had...some I even asked or practically begged for a break. All the girls are overworked and management could care less. There was a point in time were I remember working with everyone as a team and that's what kept everyone motivated to get through crazy weekend shifts with only 2-3 girls and a line out the door. However, for months now things have just gone down hill. No breaks, no busser, no host, and girls literally walking out or crying in the middle of shifts because of how bad things are and they didn't get there over night. Things slowly went downhill and no one has done anything. Girls have been fired for secret shops when there were on the floor with no busser/no host/ and hardly any help. Management depending on who's there and what day it is will sometimes assist you but I doubt it. I've worked in several restaurants throughout the last 8 years and I've never seen a worse company to work for. The creepy guys and daily walkouts are the least of your worries at work. Not to mention no benifits no free meals unless it's a small salad and you'll never see a manager thankful to have you there regardless of how hard you work to keep the store running.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the stores and spend more money on what's important. (Training girls and better management)
    It takes money to make money. Hooters COULD be an awesome place but if the company keeps treating there employees like this then they will never succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay and Benefits but do not care about their employees

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation is good as well as insurance benefits. Promotions are good now as well because the company is losing a lot of people.

ConsThe new owners micro manage everything. They do not understand how to run a restaurant.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do not care about their people. only about making profits. The new ownership is terrible.

Wish upper management cared more.

Hooters Girl (Former Employee)

ProsRelationship with staff and customers

ConsYou are easily replaced and are treated as such.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your servers. We are what makes the customers keep coming.

Fun Company to Work for

Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsThis job was a lot of fun and had a laid back atmosphere. The managers were pretty great at supporting you especially if a customer was being problematic. The money is realllly good, easily one the best jobs I've ever had.

ConsYou have to show a lot but that requires a specific personality type. It can't really be a con because you know what you're signing up for when try to work here. Some of the stuff people said was over the top.

Great place to work while in school

Hooters Girl On the Floor and Bar (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsThe hours are really flexible, especially while you're in school. Most of my best friends are girls I worked with from here. Can make really good money.

ConsIncome isn't stable, can have days you don't make much. With Hooters of America taking over there have been a lot of unpleasant changes and company has become very tight with its money.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a server is uncomfortable serving someone who is clearly intoxicated don't make them continue serving them. Try to make it enjoyable to work and not bring the girls down.

A great opportunity, must be able to work well with others!

Hooters Girl (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThe best things are tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, and a very family-like atmosphere with fellow employees. Lots of super nice regulars that tip really well. Relationships you build here will last a lifetime!

ConsCan be hard to get along with all the girls. Cooks can sometimes be jerks. Customers don't always tip well and can be slow at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to hold all employees to the same standards as well as a serious lack of communication among higher-ups in corporate and store managers.

Corporate office is fun and laid back, but over-achievers are frowned upon.

ProsThe environment is very laid back, all of the employees are friendly and newcomers are quickly adopted as family. Work can be slow or busy, and coworkers are eager to help in any way possible. Plus, there are a few added bonuses that aren't found in other equivalent positions, such as traveling, decent vacation time, and the benefits are certainly nothing to snub your nose at.

ConsSome challenges of working here can be directly related to the advantages of being employed at the Hooters corporate office. Job security is prevalent as long as you are doing your job, but there are plenty here who get through their day by performing the bare minimum, regardless of how they affect others. Raises are a bit of a joke, and supervisors are either hit or miss as they mistake their personal relationship they hold with you as an excuse for harsher treatment during off time. Drama isn't much of a problem, but politics are. I have thoroughly enjoyed being employed here, but those looking to move up and progress in the company have a slim chance of doing so, as managers/directors tend to supress advancement in the ranks in order to maintain coverage for that particular position.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management, don't forget how you felt in our shoes when you held our position.

Good Tips

Waitress (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGreat tips, the music wasn't too bad either.

ConsWorking with gossipy girls, encouraged to flirt with creepy customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the girls more

Worked for Hooters? Contribute to the Community!