Hooters Reviews

Updated October 28, 2014
3.2

Hooters CEO Terry Marks
Terry Marks

Pros
  • Flexible schedule unless they were under staffed ( which was almost always) Worked with this company for 3 years (in 18 reviews)

• Also, depending on the location, you can make really good money (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, subjected to sexist comments, Management turn-over (in 15 reviews)

• too many girls on the floor during a single shift when its not busy at all (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Cook/Back-Of-The-House

Current Employee - Cook in West Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Cook in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at Hooters part-time

Pros

It's one of the best summer job you can get if you starting out, like if you done with high school this is the job for you.

Cons

I never got told how much I was going to get paid or what to where the first day if you got the job. But Other than that everything is cool.

The Job interview was easy and on the spot better than other restaurants. I applied on the restaurant and interviewed the same day. The Manager called me for a 2nd interview and that was with he 2nd Manager I guess cause it wasn't the same guy as the first time. He told me (We are looking for people that would like to work on the weekends and specially at night time) and he saw resume and saw that I got a serv safe and he told me if I had work experience, I told him no but I have worked in the kitchen cause I have a Culinary Certification from this career training school and he told me that I was going to start off with the dishes and after that with prep all the salads and if am ready he can put me on the cooking line. He also told me this is going to happen all in one week so are you ready? I said "yeah ready" I asked him when I was going to start he told me on Thursday because that's when he mostly schedule all the that are starting to work there and he told me am going to call in the evening so be ready.

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Hooters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are able to make your schedule weekly. May be able to train on the bar. Work off of tips.

Cons

Cliques and attitudes. Some girls were unprofessional. There was a lot of sidework before you could leave at night. Some days are slow

Work on maintaining professional environment

Hooters - Chinatown DC

Former Employee - Waitress in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Waitress in Washington, DC

I worked at Hooters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

TIPS! Customers were mostly nice.

Cons

Everything else. I was a college student trying to make money but was treated as if I had nothing going for me but my looks.

Stop making your girls feel like strippers.

Hooters girl

Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Hooters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, the girls at theMesa location were mostly easy yo get along with. Again, it's women working together so it's not peachy keen all the time.

Cons

Managers favored certain girls, tights that they make you wear are absurdly uncomfortable. Having to deal with pervert customers was a con, happens more than you think.

Watch managers and employees a little closer as to how they interact with each other, sometimes it was a little inappropriate

Hooters Executive Management

I have been working at Hooters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities - bonus program is great if you can hit the budget goals

Cons

Salary is not as competitive as they want you to believe - cannot grow a buisness without having new ideas - stop recycling the old ideas thinking they are new to everyone in the concept. More investment into people (management) - can lose your job if you get just 1 guest complaint - stop talking about being about your people and actually be about your people.

Stop looking to Hooters Girls to be in management - they are not the future leadership of this company

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hooters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits for Managers.

Cons

No Consistency from Corporate. Too many changes. If you want to work at breast-rant, this is the place.

It's a trickle effect. They need to get control of the managers. If you want to just want a paycheck and watch semi-attractive girls, this is your place.

Great job, great money, fun atmosphere.

Current Employee - Hooters Corporate Trainer and Hooters Girl in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hooters part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely flexible with school schedule. Great money. Laid back.

Cons

Hooters still gets a negative review from many. No room for growth. Poor benefits

Fun cooking oppurtunity

Current Employee - Cook in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Cook in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Hooters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was fair, scenery was great, good internal social life

Cons

So many chicken wings to cook

Keep up the good work, just be careful not to fraternize too much

Not worth the hype.

Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Hooter Girl in Columbia, SC

I worked at Hooters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good networking opportunity if you were smart about it.

Cons

The lower your morals the higher your tip! You basically sign a huge packet saying you give away your right to sue for harrassment. The men are usually there to watch you and flirt so if you don't play into tht fantasy don't expect a good tip.

Corporate Trainer

I have been working at Hooters

Pros

I love Hooters as a company. It is easy money. You come to work in your uniform, you get on the floor and you be you. You can sit with your tables. It's probably one of the easiest serving jobs you will have in your life.

Cons

The customers are always right. Working in a restaurant like Hooters, be prepared to be adored by men and hated by women.

Management really suck sometimes. Hooters is managements life, whereas, with the hooters girls its a stepping stone for another career path.

Hooters Photos