Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey CEO Bob Marino

Bob Marino

Pros
  • Pay and Benefits, Great work-life balance, dynamic industry with opportunities for growth(in 8 reviews)

• good benefits, excellent time off system - you can use sick days as vacation days-(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • want to get rid of long-term employees for new talent for less pay(in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management uses Project Managers as scapegoats(in 4 reviews)

Family oriented experience

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsA sense of family and working with talented individuals

ConsNot appreciating its long-term employees...want to get rid of long-term employees for new talent for less pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome are not as people friendly or approachable.

Great learning experience.

Billing and AR (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsGreat perks and overall kind atmosphere on most floors.

ConsI haven't been with the company long enough to find any notable cons.

QA Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management, Agile/scrum environment was perfectly followed. I've learned a lot from my peers.

ConsCommute was the only downer for me.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horizon was a great companyto work for

Assistant to the Manager of Provider Administration/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsHealthy work environment and offers programs and perks thyat are quite attractive to employees such as on-site gym faclities, pharmacy and daycare

ConsWonderful professional atmosphere with great work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recoginze employees for the good job they do

Good company, Poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHorizon provides excellent benefits and growth opportunities. Most departments are fair and flexible.

ConsThere are double standards in certain departments. Teamwork and camaraderie are discouraged. Some managers are "bullies" and have 0 management skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate those in upper management positions. Many are unapproachable and couldn't care less about their employees. It would be beneficial to hire some "leaders" instead of managers.

My experience at Horizon has been very rewarding.

Customer Service Supervisor Vendors (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsI am able to set high performance standards for myself and others while driving for results

ConsThere are no cons that I have about this organization

Advice to Senior ManagementI have had no issue with management. They are open, honest and keep us in the loop

Consultant

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsMeaningful work; Great cafeteria

ConsNone that I can think of at current time.

change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnew renovations and easy to access mid management

Consstrict and conservative work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to attract young and smart people loosen up on the "corporate environment"

One of the best companies I've ever worked at.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsAbility to work from home and flexible work schedules. Management really cares about its employees. The company offers all types of perks to the employees. (i.e. health center, Walgreens in the building, a free gym, a day care center, LabCorp) and Journey to Health is a program that all employees can participate in. With health care reform, there are challenges, but the leadership is working very hard to make sure the company is successful. If you work hard, you will be recognized.

ConsIf driving into Newark, traffic can be difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what you're doing. Engage employees and listen to their perspectives. Everyone wants to do their part in helping Horizon be successful.

Great place to work

Asset Manager (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsGreat environment to work in

ConsDidn't last past 6 months

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to keep people longer

Worked for Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey? Contribute to the Community!