www.flhorizon.com

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
4.1

Nora Su

Fun atmosphere! Great professional training and career development!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the fact that Horizon Innovations has such a fun atmosphere. I am always excited to come to the office and hang out with the team. I have grown so much personally and professionally during my time with the company. I have learned everything from marketing, communications, presentations, confidence, and how to accomplish goals! There is also a great opportunity for quick growth and promotions within the company.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Horizon Innovations. It is hard work, but it is a company geared toward competitive individuals who want to work hard and want to be rewarded based on our performance.

Nora! Keep up the great work! You are awesome at motivating and developing your team. I am excited to continue learning from you and look forward to accomplishing our company goals!

A career with an unlimited opportunity for growth!

I have been working at Horizon Innovations

Pros

Opportunity, merit based, work morale, people helping people business, and competitive pay.

Cons

The hours are slightly difficult to get used to.

Don't get complacent and continue to do great things. Continue to have fun, but don't lose focus of the opportunity.

Plenty of room to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Horizon Innovations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people at Horizon are fantastic! There is a great mix of working and playing hard. There's no glass ceiling, either. If you like going the extra mile, and getting paid for it, I'd consider working here.

Cons

We worked a lot of hours. A lot. Work/Life balance is difficult for many people.

Management is fantastic. I wouldn't change anything.

Positive environment = happy employees

Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Horizon Innovations

Pros

I really enjoyed working here. The environment is really positive and uplifting. Everyone who comes to work is motivated and is there because they want to be there. The business thrives off of the drive of the employees, and everyone there is really putting their all into their work. The entire office is extremely competitive, which is conducive for hard work and continuous dedication. It's a people helping people business, so even though everyone wants to be the best, every leader will take the time to help out anyone who needs it.

Cons

You must be a hard worker. The team keeps everyone accountable, and if you do not continue to strive to do your best then you will not go far. If you are looking for an easy job to make a set amount every week, then this is not the place for you. When working there, you should have a career goal in mind. The advancement structure is solid, however, and if you continue to work well and hit your goals, you can become a manager fast. The pace that you grow within the company is set by no one but yourself, so you have to really want it to succeed.

Keep stressing the end result of the advancement structure to people coming in. It might be hard to visualize moving up when you first start, so continuing to hit on the growth available is key.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offers a pretty decent starting salary compared to most other employers. Also, it was not that difficult to obtain a job there especially if you are a recent college graduate.

Cons

Nowhere in the interview process did they tell me it was door to door sales.

They should change their training.

Can't deny that I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at Horizon Innovations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have formed a few relationships I know will last beyond my time with this company. There is no doubt that most people truly care for your wellbeing and I have seen some miraculous and amazingly kind things from people who work here, management team included. I was promoted relatively quickly in the company, and then again after a short time. There is certainly potential to challenge yourself in this setting. Sports-minded people will thrive here. The atmosphere is very competitive yet focused on fun. The skills I learned here are applicable in my subsequent position, and for that I am grateful. The long and short of it is that working with this company is free marketing school.

Cons

For those who have a tendency to overwork- beware. You will lose sight of your personal life. If you choose to start working for the company, you must attend the weekly hangout sessions that occur after hours, effectively slimming the time you can devote at home. The hours are long and necessary to perform the tasks required. Make no mistake, if you don't know how to work hard, you will either learn quickly or fail. The payment structure is difficult to live on if you do not succeed consistently. Yes, there is a sales component. YES, IT IS COMMISSIONED WORK IN THE BEGINNING STAGES. The time periods they give you for advancement are unrealistic and entirely on your shoulders. Additionally, there are some very strong personalities in this office which have the potential to negatively influence some. If you can't handle tough love, you really won't like this place.

Dial back on the intermixing of work time with personal time. We spent enough time together at work, and in retrospect, the last thing I needed there was to spend all of my free time with work people, too. Also, be more strict about who you hire. The work culture will improve drastically with better candidates.

Horizon Innovations Response

Jul 24, 2014President

Thank you for your post. All of these are great feedback for us to continue improving our company. We want to create an environemnt that is comfortable for our current and future employees. I ... More

Not a place to work if you want just a job, this is definitely a career opportunity.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Horizon Innovations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Going to work everyday was extremely enjoyable. You're working side by side with a bunch of people with a "pay it forward" mentality. It is a people helping people business and everyone is putting everything they have into you to help make you a success. The training program was so thorough. They didn't require any experience which seemed like a red flag at first. After starting, I realized that they just want to find any individual that is willing to put forth 100% everyday and be the best. The competitive and exciting atmosphere drives you everyday to stay motivated.

Cons

You have to become great with time management. Balancing personal life with professional is tough. You have to make sacrifices to work in such a demanding profession. Sales is definitely part of the job. It is a very minute part of the position but sometimes that scares people away. The sales techniques are all taught so well. The management side of the training program is the majority of the position.

The management team is great. My advice, some people don't learn as quickly as others. Spend more 1 on 1 time with the slower learners so they understand the opportunity In front of them to the fullest extent.

1 sentence... how about 1 word! "FUNTASTICULAR"!

I worked at Horizon Innovations

Pros

I was going through a rough spot in my life when i first started working here at horizon innovations and they quickly became like family to me, and helped me get through it. Everyday i would wake up excited to go to work. There is so much positive energy in the office everyday. I loved office night and leaders night, gave us a chance to hang out outside of work and get to know each other on a personal side as well as professional. Best job I've ever had hands down. They can take the shyest person and turn them into a marketing machine! So be prepared to become a success.

Cons

The only con for some people would be you have to be a hard worker, so if you like a challenge then is definitely for you. But if you like to do the bare minimum just to get by you will not last long here... or anywhere for that matter.

Keep being awesome Nora!

Can you keep up?

I have been working at Horizon Innovations

Pros

Horizon Innovations is definitely a high energy office, I always looked forward going to work and being around the people who worked there. Horizon Innovations is a very personable office, having leaders night and office night once a week every week, just so co-workers can get to know each other better. No history in marketing is required, they teach you everything you need to know.

Cons

Horizon Innovations participates in business trips around the country throughout the year. If you're not comfortable with traveling this may not be for you. This business is very competitive, but everyone has your best interest in mind.

Horizon Innovations has genius training techniques you will not learn anywhere else. Not only teaching you how to succeed in the business world but how to better succeed in life. Even the little promotions are important to the whole office, your success is their success. I have really enjoyed working for this company and will recommend it to anyone who asks!

This is a great career only if one is willing to work hard.

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Horizon Innovations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons I enjoy working for Horizon Innovations, is that the company is 100% merit and performance based so my advancement and progression is dependent on me alone. Along with the great supporting environment here, no matter the position one is in or any struggle one might be going through there will always be a peer there to help that person further progress and to reach their goals. This company is here to provide a successful career opportunity rather than just a job. I've found that the motto of this company is that if you do not have a goal set, then you will never reach any destination that you one wants to reach.

Cons

From my experience, if you lose focus on what you are doing and do not continue to work hard every day and put in 100%, then it will take someone longer to progress to the position they want to be in and can be stagnate for a period of time.

My advice for Management would be, one really needs to have a strong entrepreneurial mindset to be successful in this business, so for management to let people know from the first interview that one will need to put in a lot of hard work and really be able to manage themselves and motivate themselves because this business is all about one will get the results they deserve based on the effort they put in.

Horizon Innovations Photos