Horizon Staffing Services

Updated June 29, 2014
3.8

Ismat Ahsan
1 Rating

I had an great relationship with them

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services

Pros

I got paid every week

Cons

Picking up my check..but other then that they were good

Hire more people

I worked at Horizon due to limited job opportunities in the area in which I lived and they offered me a position first.

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff are very friendly and professional and actively sought positions that I was a good fit for.

Cons

Mostly warehouse positions ... very little office jobs available in the area surrounding the office location. Mostly a warehouse area.

Expand out to more companies for filling personnel needs.

very pleasant supervisor

Former Employee - Extractor/Reviewer  in  College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Extractor/Reviewer in College Park, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

less than 15 miles from home

Cons

it wasn't full time employment, but thankful for partime

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

National Program Manager

Former Employee - National Program Manager  in  Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - National Program Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to work on new projects and open up new locations and try out new initiatives. Opportunity to make commission on individual and group contribution.

Cons

Not up to par with market rates. Didn't offer raise for several years. Their salary ranges were low across the board for all positions which led to high turnover.

Felt like I was in a prison camp!!!!!!

Former Employee - Reassociation Department  in  Riverdale, GA
    Former Employee - Reassociation Department in Riverdale, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you were contacted by Horizon Staffing for the assignment with the Bank Of America Personal Tax Division and needed a job to pay your bills during the tax season,,it was a paycheck. If you were unable to work a day in which you were called, they would try to call you back the next day or later in the week. Would mail your paycheck to you if requested.

Cons

Unorganizaion at job site assigned to which I was assigned, Bank Of Americ Personal Tax Division.. Additionally temporary employees were talked down to by the Temp leaders in each department. Too many employees in such a small building which was most likely a fire hazard. Randon body checks by security in which you could be checked more than once during your scheduled work hours. Low pay for job assigned. Had no knowledge of fee being taken out of pay for a background check for the position.

Raise pay according to job assigned. Require your employers to treat your temporary workers like human beings with respect. Did not really have much of a problem with Horizon Staffing per say. It was the Bank Of America assignment that they appear to have a yearly contract with that has such unprofessional staff and unreasonable working conditions!! Horrible work environment!!!!!

It was a very good experience

Current Employee - Data Processing  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Processing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Horizon Staffing Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you are very good with a computer or good in math then horizon staffing is a very good staff to work for! I did a very good job with data processing in there company! I worked for bank of america with a combination of IRS batch processing during the tax seasons!

Cons

Only thing I disliked about them was most of the jobs were seasonal! It was a very bad time in the economy as steady work!

Worked for Horizon Staffing Services? Contribute to the Community!