Horizon Staffing Services

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Ismat Ahsan

1. Great place to start for beginners!

Current Intern - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Horizon Staffing Services as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

First deal on learning new techniques.

Cons

A little unprofessional at times.

Advice to Management

Office culture and professional work shops should be held during training process.

2. Not a dependable job, IF you have to pay bills.

Former Employee - Packer in Jonesboro, GA
    Former Employee - Packer in Jonesboro, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services

Pros

Provided a weekly pay check.

Cons

NEVER knew how MANY or FEW hours would work in a week. On clock for 23 minutes 1 day. Out of a year being an employee, worked 40 hours 1 time. NO CONSISTENCY. NOT dependable to work 8 hours on any work day. Have gone in,ONLY to be sent home after 2 hours of work. Hours vary from week to week. Supervisor NOT trustworthy. Office help NOT any help at all.

Advice to Management

Do your own ON THE JOB TRAINING. You will be surprised at the UNPROFESSIONAL behavior and treatment of the employees at these, WHAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE, places of work.

3. Not supportive of associates or clients.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Midway, GA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Midway, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Horizon provided weekly pay benefits via direct deposit. I did not experience any issues involving my pay while on assignment. Pay was always accurate and on time.

Cons

Therr were many times I was unable to reach my representative. There was a lot of internal turn over so it was often difficult to get anything resolved. Communication between the agency and the client seemed limited while communication between the agency and associates on assignment seemed nonexistent. We never saw any of our staffing team members once placed on assignment.

Advice to Management

Try to have a presence on site with your associates. This will minimise the number of communication issues while boosting morale of your team members which had proven to drastically improve fill rate and reduce drop off percentage.

5. Not enough clients. Company didn't really look for any jobs for their employees.

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services

Pros

There are no proud for this company

Cons

Didn't care if you worked or not.

Advice to Management

Get more clients to help your employees work.

6. I had an great relationship with them

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services

Pros

I got paid every week

Cons

Picking up my check..but other then that they were good

Advice to Management

Hire more people

7. I worked at Horizon due to limited job opportunities in the area in which I lived and they offered me a position first.

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff are very friendly and professional and actively sought positions that I was a good fit for.

Cons

Mostly warehouse positions ... very little office jobs available in the area surrounding the office location. Mostly a warehouse area.

Advice to Management

Expand out to more companies for filling personnel needs.

8. very pleasant supervisor

Former Employee - Extractor/Reviewer in College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Extractor/Reviewer in College Park, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

less than 15 miles from home

Cons

it wasn't full time employment, but thankful for partime

9. National Program Manager

Former Employee - National Program Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - National Program Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on new projects and open up new locations and try out new initiatives. Opportunity to make commission on individual and group contribution.

Cons

Not up to par with market rates. Didn't offer raise for several years. Their salary ranges were low across the board for all positions which led to high turnover.

10. Felt like I was in a prison camp!!!!!!

Former Employee - Reassociation Department in Riverdale, GA
    Former Employee - Reassociation Department in Riverdale, GA

I worked at Horizon Staffing Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you were contacted by Horizon Staffing for the assignment with the Bank Of America Personal Tax Division and needed a job to pay your bills during the tax season,,it was a paycheck. If you were unable to work a day in which you were called, they would try to call you back the next day or later in the week. Would mail your paycheck to you if requested.

Cons

Unorganizaion at job site assigned to which I was assigned, Bank Of Americ Personal Tax Division.. Additionally temporary employees were talked down to by the Temp leaders in each department. Too many employees in such a small building which was most likely a fire hazard. Randon body checks by security in which you could be checked more than once during your scheduled work hours. Low pay for job assigned. Had no knowledge of fee being taken out of pay for a background check for the position.

Advice to Management

Raise pay according to job assigned. Require your employers to treat your temporary workers like human beings with respect. Did not really have much of a problem with Horizon Staffing per say. It was the Bank Of America assignment that they appear to have a yearly contract with that has such unprofessional staff and unreasonable working conditions!! Horrible work environment!!!!!

11. It was a very good experience

Current Employee - Data Processing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Processing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Horizon Staffing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are very good with a computer or good in math then horizon staffing is a very good staff to work for! I did a very good job with data processing in there company! I worked for bank of america with a combination of IRS batch processing during the tax seasons!

Cons

Only thing I disliked about them was most of the jobs were seasonal! It was a very bad time in the economy as steady work!

RSS Feed </> Embed