Horizon Well Logging - California

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Doug Milham

Horizon Mud Logger

Mud Logger (Current Employee)
Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Horizon Well Logging - California

ProsAt Horizon you get great experience for your resume while earning great pay with decent benefits. You are provided with good training and given the tools you need to succeed. There are great advancement opportunities and the company is continuously evolving to realize its limitless potential.

ConsIn the field you will have to spend a lot of time away from friends and family. It's the nature of the beast and can't really be avoided but it gets hard sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore wining and dining during training week (just kidding). No real suggestions, we get the chance to talk about our concerns and suggestions.

If you have nothing else to do and no home life

Wasco, CA

I have been working at Horizon Well Logging - California full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can make a decent amount of money in a short period of time

ConsYou realize you are only making a decent amount because you are working the hours of 2 full time jobs (84 hrs per week).
You realize everyone else in the oil fields is either on a schedule, or making so much money that it justifies their working for indefinite periods of time.
The equipment is really old, cheap, and unreliable.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve it or not, people do not like working 12 hour days for 4-6 weeks in a row, while most other oil field workers either have nice schedules or make much more money. This needs to be addressed if you are to change your horrible turn over rate.

Ok

Wasco, CA

ProsPay pay pay and pay

ConsEverything else and give more raises

Advice to Senior ManagementFix

No respect, not enough money and no time off

Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Horizon Well Logging - California

ProsIf you hate working in the office, it's a decent job. Only get advanced if you're in "the boys club".

ConsNo time off. 12 hour shifts, drive min 2 hours (your dime) 7 days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. They are the ones that make all of the money. Treat them with respect.

Good learning experience

Mudlogger (Former Employee)

I worked at Horizon Well Logging - California full-time for more than a year

ProsGet into the job quick; no sitting around; interesting work; company is admired. Get a wide variety of experience in a very short time.

ConsSub-par equipment; tight-fisted and somewhat erratic management; very informal training (some employees are good trainers, some don't make an effort to train at all); no schedule; can be very demanding vis-a-vis short notice to work

Advice to Senior ManagementMore formal training; make some attempt at scehduling

Opportunity for a great experience and inside knowledge that few ever get a chance to discover.

Mudlogger (Current Employee)

ProsHave student loans?! I do. This job can help you pay off your debt in no time at all. Tons of work to go around if you're truly dedicated to working hard.

ConsBiggest downside is working away from home, long hours for multiple days with no set work schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp prevent such a fast turn over rate. Having a set schedule is unlikely, but would encourage prolonged employment.

Worked for Horizon Well Logging - California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Horizon Well Logging - California reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Horizon Well Logging - California CEO Doug Milham. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Horizon Well Logging - California employees.