Horseshoe Casino Hammond

1 Rating

Pretty good

Former Employee - Buffet Cook I in Hammond, IN
    Former Employee - Buffet Cook I in Hammond, IN

I worked at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diverse ever changing menu. Easy to prepare and good people working there.

Cons

Management can micromanage alot. Makes working stressful at times.

Calm down

Do not work here! Favoritism!

I have been working at Horseshoe Casino Hammond

Pros

We get food that comes out of our pay checks for lunch. There is a reward system for employee's to get what they want with points. Best paying job for part timers.

Cons

There is too much favoritism. You get promotions and full time based on if management likes you, or not. It doesn't matter how hard you work they will find reasons to not give it to you. They like to hire in New employee's instead of promoting with in. We just had a job fair for jobs other employees applied for. You can only get ahead with the right personality, looks , or enough brown nosing.

This job wants you to unrealistically dedicate your life to it. My schedules are so random with in a week I'll b working morning one day and night the next. Even through they want you dedicated they WILL fire you, or lay you off, because of a renovation, or you make too much money. Management isn't safe they just let go of the marketing head's. Some management give employees false hope for a promotion, or promising fairness.

Most of the unfairness in the departments are the same no matter were you go.

No advice. They already know all of the what their pulling.

Could be worse...

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Representative in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations Representative in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EDR
    Some Supervisors really care
    Quiet room to nap in

Cons

Pay
    Almost impossible to get a day shift unless you're willing to wait years
    No bonuses
    No pay raises
    I felt like a number in the way of management

Being told the company can't afford pay raises, and then announcing Britney Spears would be joining the company for $30 million? Yeah, that looked and felt bad.

Mostly I felt like I was being lied to a lot, and that doesn't sit well with me. I do not miss working for this company.

This place will find any reason to can you after being there so long.

Current Employee - Bar Porter in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Bar Porter in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay somewhat and opportunity for advancement. Not much else I can say here, because over all the job just isn't good.

Cons

No holiday pay, each year they take more and more of their perks away from employees. They have laid off supervisors in the past. After you've been there for five yesr or more they will begin to find ways to get you to quit or be fired. You are expected to dedicate your whole life to their business. I've seen single moms get fired because they ran out of attendance points because their child was sick. This place does not care about their employees and brainwashes all of their management to be the same way. Working here basically ruined my life.

I have no desire to waste my time giving management advise because they already know the place is messed up and they really don't have control over making changes without putting their own jobs at risk.

Horseshoe was a casino that was not employee friendly.

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Hammond, IN
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Hammond, IN

I worked at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are trained properly and fast.

Cons

Management doesn't have an integrity.

Take a look at your disgruntled employees and find out what you can do to help them instead of hiring and firing.

Working as a dealer is hard but my coworkers are AMAZING

I have been working at Horseshoe Casino Hammond

Pros

the money is fast and easy

Cons

it's too smoky and the smokers are pretty rude

keep up the nice job

Don't bartend here!

Former Employee - Bartender in Hammond, IN
    Former Employee - Bartender in Hammond, IN

I worked at Horseshoe Casino Hammond part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Offer benefits to full-time employees, which isn't common in hourly or tipped jobs

Cons

It's not easy to actually become a full time employee, and if you do you are stuck in a well making $20 on a weekend night and not in the feature bars
    Most of the supervisors/managers of the Bev department picked favorites, or made choices that made no sense (taking chairs out of the bar so people would be forced to stand, turning off playoff games in the last 2 minutes to turn on the radio)
    Co-workers are rude - fights were not infrequent, eye-rolling, attitudes, and yelling were common amongst employees
    HR is basically useless - there were several issues that should has resulted in firing (sexual and racial harrassment) and nothing was done - but all parties involved were told they could be fired if they discussed it with anyone

The culture of this place will never change. Keep doing what you're doing and make your money - hopefully you're smart enough to prepare for when you inevitably get fired (no one actually retires from there) and could end up working for someone you didn't treat well at the Horseshoe.

Used to be a great place to work...

Former Employee - Marine Ops in Hammond, IN
    Former Employee - Marine Ops in Hammond, IN

I worked at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good health benefits, great employees even though pay is so low.

Cons

Low pay, management doesn't seem to care about employees (they say they do, but maybe they should teach their supervisors to show it and treat with respect) Also why give us PTO hours if we can't use them without finding coverage.

pay your support staff more!