Horseshoe Casino Hammond

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pretty good

Buffet Cook I (Former Employee) Hammond, IN

ProsDiverse ever changing menu. Easy to prepare and good people working there.

ConsManagement can micromanage alot. Makes working stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementCalm down

Could be worse...

Marketing Operations Representative (Current Employee) Hammond, IN

ProsEDR
    Some Supervisors really care
    Quiet room to nap in

ConsPay
    Almost impossible to get a day shift unless you're willing to wait years
    No bonuses
    No pay raises
    I felt like a number in the way of management

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing told the company can't afford pay raises, and then announcing Britney Spears would be joining the company for $30 million? Yeah, that looked and felt bad.

Mostly I felt like I was being lied to a lot, and that doesn't sit well with me. I do not miss working for this company.

This place will find any reason to can you after being there so long.

Bar Porter (Current Employee) Hammond, IN

ProsDecent pay somewhat and opportunity for advancement. Not much else I can say here, because over all the job just isn't good.

ConsNo holiday pay, each year they take more and more of their perks away from employees. They have laid off supervisors in the past. After you've been there for five yesr or more they will begin to find ways to get you to quit or be fired. You are expected to dedicate your whole life to their business. I've seen single moms get fired because they ran out of attendance points because their child was sick. This place does not care about their employees and brainwashes all of their management to be the same way. Working here basically ruined my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no desire to waste my time giving management advise because they already know the place is messed up and they really don't have control over making changes without putting their own jobs at risk.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horseshoe was a casino that was not employee friendly.

Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) Hammond, IN

ProsYou are trained properly and fast.

ConsManagement doesn't have an integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at your disgruntled employees and find out what you can do to help them instead of hiring and firing.

Working as a dealer is hard but my coworkers are AMAZING

Prosthe money is fast and easy

Consit's too smoky and the smokers are pretty rude

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the nice job

Don't bartend here!

Bartender (Former Employee) Hammond, IN

ProsOffer benefits to full-time employees, which isn't common in hourly or tipped jobs

ConsIt's not easy to actually become a full time employee, and if you do you are stuck in a well making $20 on a weekend night and not in the feature bars
    Most of the supervisors/managers of the Bev department picked favorites, or made choices that made no sense (taking chairs out of the bar so people would be forced to stand, turning off playoff games in the last 2 minutes to turn on the radio)
    Co-workers are rude - fights were not infrequent, eye-rolling, attitudes, and yelling were common amongst employees
    HR is basically useless - there were several issues that should has resulted in firing (sexual and racial harrassment) and nothing was done - but all parties involved were told they could be fired if they discussed it with anyone

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture of this place will never change. Keep doing what you're doing and make your money - hopefully you're smart enough to prepare for when you inevitably get fired (no one actually retires from there) and could end up working for someone you didn't treat well at the Horseshoe.

Used to be a great place to work...

Marine Ops (Former Employee) Hammond, IN

Prosgood health benefits, great employees even though pay is so low.

ConsLow pay, management doesn't seem to care about employees (they say they do, but maybe they should teach their supervisors to show it and treat with respect) Also why give us PTO hours if we can't use them without finding coverage.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your support staff more!

Worked for Horseshoe Casino Hammond? Contribute to the Community!