Hospice Compassus

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
2.4

James A. Deal

Growth of the Company is Focused on Helping as Many People As We Can.

I have been working at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The colleagues of Hospice Compassus are driven and strive to provide excellence in patient care. The Interdisciplinary team supports families and patients unlike any other service. The nurses and aids often say that this work is their calling - I love my job here because of the great people we have here at the company.

Cons

There is always so much to do but that's a great thing!

Keep doing a great job!

good job as far as pay and schedule

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

best reason to work here was the great coworkers ..excellent job for those that need to work monday thru friday..

Cons

patients became numbers, dishonesty in management, company benefits not so great.time off hard to get on a daily basis,patient load sometimes very high and unmanagable

raise amount for hospitalization and offer better coverage, take care of staff better emotionally and be there more for them,

HCC

Former Employee - HCC in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - HCC in Jackson, MS

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best in the industry, great continuing education, maintain hospice ideals and commitment to ethics and legal standards. Would work there again in a heartbeat.

Cons

None I can think of. I moved out of the service area. Otherwise I would still be working with them.

Need to pay attention to the shifting environment in sales due to healthcare reform and set different parameters for HCC's.

Glad I left the area and took opportunity to work out of State

Former Employee - Hospice RN in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Hospice RN in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with great clinical co-workers. Caring for wonderful patients. Being a hospice nurse is very rewarding, but working for the right company matters.

Cons

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers! What about the patients and what about treating staff well? The company is a machine that churns up and spits out alot of dedicated employees who cannot handle the pressure and demands. Sales people have questionable ethics. Their focus is not lined up with clinical staffs focus.

Consider National standards for case load. Have managers that focus on care instead of running you down when you cannot keep up with outrageous caseloads. Corporate push for numbers over quality is discouraging.

Exilerating and totally physically and mentally exhausting

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

End of life care is a wonderful experience

Cons

Not much balance.....much personal growth.....not many perks

It's always been an issue in all healthcare.....understaffing....that is oppose will never ever change..I Don't see many benefits or decent raises

It's has had its good and bad.

Current Employee - CNA in Columbia, TN
    Current Employee - CNA in Columbia, TN

I have been working at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Taking care of people that needs me. I want to give my pts only excellent care. I want to show Christ with out saying a word.

Cons

Management and lack of help. The way people are treated. Been with them 5 years and people are self centered. Be open and care don't be so heart less.

Let your cna know how u care. Don't over load them. Talk to them not at them. Let the ones that are over and beyond know how u care. Don't let people run over others. Let your cna that has been there longer help with things.
    Your cna are the back bone and they need raises and rewards for hard work.

Horrible double standards.

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good PTO and flexibility. Pay was decent. Workers out in the field were good to deal with and generally nice.

Cons

Management could care less about good employees and they do not follow policies and procedures. Management does not treat everyone in department equally and shows favoritism. Micro-managing is a trend at the corporate office. Managers accuse department members of things without having proof to back up their accusations and managers also tell lies about department staff. Toxic environment in certain departments and managers allow workplace bullying and sometimes participate in the workplace bullying as well. Manager could not accept mistakes that they had made and would express anger towards certain department members when they would discover mistakes.

Treat department members better.

This company holds no Compassion for its employees and is totally revenue driven

Former Employee - Hospice Sales
    Former Employee - Hospice Sales

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Was offered a good salary based on equivalents in the industry

Cons

If you enter an established market and have referral sources in place you can reach the developmental framework established (number of patients receiving services). Otherwise an employee is cut loose with no advanced warning or any regrets on the part of the company. I have never worked for a company that had the amount of turnover that this one has.

Plan properly and do your homework before entering a new market

Terrible support, terrible management

Former Employee - Hospice Care Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Hospice Care Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Compensation, good nurses, aides, therapists, and physicians. Really that is about all I can say good about Hospice Compassus, which is sad.

Cons

Gave sales reps 8 months in new territories, then cut a lot of them loose. I was actively recruited from another stable career, only to let go 8 months later after being told it takes 12-18 months to fully develop a territory. A lot of turnover in the sales management team, clinical team (expected in Hospice), etc. NEVER received a company laptop, despite asking for one when partners had one (they were let go too). Too many meetings that took you out of the field.

Give your reps more support, more time to develop relationships

I worked at Hospice Compassus for almost a year

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The clinical staff is wonderful some of the best nurses and ancillary staff I ever worked with, so caring. Great PTO.

Cons

The strictly enforced RN must make 24-25 scheduled visits a week is completely unreasonable because our patients are dying and need our time so to stay within compliance and not get in trouble we don't document all the hours we work. No appreciation from Senior Mgmt and the health insurance is so expensive 600+ a month then they don't pay for crap until you hit an individual out of pocket payment of $3000 or family $6000 and still have to pay 20%

Maybe you should put the pillars in real order with colleagues last and profit first. Stop all the favoritism from the VPs they are out of touch of the reality how to care for Hospice pts. What a shame they are RNs they should be more visible and care about their employees.