Hospice of the Valley

Hospice of the Valley Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A national leader in Hospice care with the most dedicated personnel.

ProsAt the cutting edge of end of life care, not just hospice. Great at merging exceptional patient care within the Medicare framework.

ConsThey need to improve on their use of technology to advance visibility and staff/community communication. This is a work in progress and as a non profit organization, funds are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Not good at all my boss was constantly micro-managing everything, I felt like I was being smothered.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

Prosnothing at all didn't really like how bosses had favorites and there own family members working under them.

Conseverything bosses have favorites no bueno

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the bosses there are quick to write people up that they don't like. Pretty sad only there favorites stick around. :(

Glad I was able to be a part of this company

Admissiion Team Assistant (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLoved the people I worked with

Consneeded to balance work load better

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employees charged with the vitally important task of caring for patients under under-staffed, excessive hours conditions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCaring for patients is an extremely gratifying experience and humbling experience.

ConsThe health care personnel were exhausted due to long shifts, consistent high patient count and under-staffed conditions. Viable suggestions and concerns addressed in a professional manner by nurses to management went unheeded resulting in staff injuries and patient safety concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough 12 hour shifts are meant to benefit the patient by giving them fewer "faces" to remember during their care, returning to three 8 hour shifts would elevate quality of care and reduce patient safety concerns by allowing nurses and nurse assistants proper restorative sleep. Although a hiring a third employee is usually opposed by upper management due to an increase in cost to the employer, cutting costs in this area by keeping the two 12-hour shifts directly affects the quality of patient care via exhausted nurses and NAs, giving the perception that the company believes that their bottom line comes before that of their employee's health and, as follows, the customer's health and safety. However this suggestion has already been made and dismissed by management.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNurses, Doctors and volunteers all embody the culture of the work we do with Care

ConsAdministration needs to continue to take the work load of he Nursing staff to enable them to give the excellent care that Hospice stands for

Advice to Senior ManagementSurvey your nursing staff quarterly confidentially and listen to their suggestions where they make sense

satisfying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey give superior end of life care. Staff is competent and supportive. I would recommend this service to family.

ConsUpper management sometimes over emphasized quantity vs quality, meaning they appear more interested in the number of patients served vs the quality of care given.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to quality driven care vs how many patients served or market share. I believe the market will grow if the quality of service is superior to competitors.

Worked for Hospice of the Valley? Contribute to the Community!