Hospice of the Western Reserve

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fantastice

Clinical Team Leader (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsWork culture and ethics. Respect for fellow co-workers and patients

ConsI do not have anything negative to say at this time.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Great mission and organization, but some administrative flaws

Communications (Former Employee)

ProsYou cannot beat the mission you're working for - every day you'll know that you helped people in one of their greatest moments of need

PTO is very generous

Very respectful of work/life balance given the nature of the work

ConsWhile I was there, things were done a certain way because "that's how they've always been done." Change was not accepted or welcome, even though the healthcare marketplace was seeing fundamental changes, like Health Care Reform.

It's a relatively flat organization, so advancing in your career is hard there. They aren't innovative with new positions for talented staff.

Small caveat - there has been major staff transition since I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good people by creating new positions for them. Be transparent with information that impacts the way in which the organization functions. Hold everyone to the same consistent standards.

A mixed bag

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's mission is something to be proud of. The nurses, social workers, volunteers keep it going and have huge heart.

ConsNepotism and politics abounds here. While working there, about 40% of the work I started was never realized due to poor management decisions. Not very efficient and a waste of hard-earned money that people donate to this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the nepotism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Is good when you don't have a problem with a supervisor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lakewood, OH

ProsThe patients and their families, even when having a bad day its them that get you though all the crazy things of day to day activites.

ConsSupervisors who think they are all that and will lie to make you look bad when all you are doing is the best job that you can do, hoping that they can make themselves look good in the eyes of management

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with some type of safe way for employees who feel wronged by overzealous supervisors

Worked for Hospice of the Western Reserve? Contribute to the Community!