Hospital Corporation of America

Hospital Corporation of America Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Hospital Corporation of America President and CEO R. Milton Johnson

R. Milton Johnson

Pros
  • Office culture is great, very laid back, and the work life balance is nice(in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits, free uniforms, nice coworkers(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge(in 6 reviews)

• Upper management constantly micromanage and inconsistent with policies and procedures(in 10 reviews)

Good company to work for.

Manager Information Systems (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI really enjoyed my job there.

ConsThey bought the company I was working for and I eventually got laid off.

poor benefits great company

Platform Engineer (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsI have worked with some great teams and the plethora of experiences you can gain are amazing

Consthey work you like a dog and pay as little as possible

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want someone who can do 3 jobs, pay them like they're doing 3 jobs. The benefits are embarassing, match higher on the 401k, bring an employee stock purchase program or expand who can get options, and lower the costs of healthcare insurance. if you cant lower the cost, let employees change it midyear.

Decent place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeaningful and interesting work. There seem to be a lot of opportunities to develop skills and advance within the company. There are many talented employees who can serve as resources for work challenges and career development. The company promotes a culture of integrity and seems to be committed to it.

ConsIt seems that one must be willing to move in order to advance within the company. There doesn't appear to be a strong desire to promote from within the hospitals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place, good people, not great opportunities

Engineer (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe company supports all kinds of community service, gives good, flexible hours, and has some very bright people working here.

ConsYou will sometimes have to wait for someone to die to vacate a position to allow you to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't jump into the latest management buzz. Open workspaces? They reduce productivity.

Tremendous place to work in Healthcare IT

Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsAbsolute dedication of staff, sincere concern for employee training and education. Compensation and benefits are excellent. It is rare to see a company with a national presence have so many long term employees who truly care about the company. Terrific commitment to using technology in a positive manner, to improve patient care and efficiency.

ConsNone so far. Dream position

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great!

ProsGood benefits, free uniforms, nice coworkers

ConsFlexible hours,work some holidays, low starting pay

Great job. Great hours .love it

Housekeeping (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFun people good work busy

ConsHard work I get tired

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency would be very nive

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsOffice culture is great, very laid back, and the work life balance is nice. They care about your career and promoting from within.

ConsNo sick days, meaning you have to use your PTO if you get sick. But this is the only negative thing I have to say about HCA because it really is a great place to work.

Internships at HCA

ProsAs an intern, I feel like I am treated as one of the team and my opinion truly matters. Everyone is willing to take the time to teach me new skills and appreciate my contributions.

ConsIn the IT department, it is pretty male dominated. As a female employee, you do sometimes feel slightly outcast. It is also slightly hard to leave work at work and not bring it home with you.

Life in an ER

ER Technician (Paramedic) (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsFlexible schedules when working a PRN position

ConsIt's health care so we work 24/7 365

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!