Hospital Corporation of America

Hospital Corporation of America Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Hospital Corporation of America President and CEO R. Milton Johnson

R. Milton Johnson

Pros
  • Office culture is great, very laid back, and the work life balance is nice (in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits, free uniforms, nice coworkers (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management constantly micromanage and inconsistent with policies and procedures (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights
14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love being a nurse!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Denton, TX

ProsGet to meet people with diverse backrounds.

ConsEducation benefits are lacking, the company is focused on the bottom line and not the staff and patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up to corporate when things are not working well.

Company way or the highway

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI enjoy the people I work with.

ConsLow salary for non clinical staff. If you are not a doctor or nurse there is no way you can afford medical coverage for you & your family. Very pricey health insurance biweekly rate. Annual raise is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Increase salary. Employees will give you a 110% everyday if a company do the same. Stop demanding things from employees that you are not will to give yourself.

Underpaid

Staff RN (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosflexibility of prn staffing creates work\life balance, I stay because my boss is cognizant of this and we work together to make sure its a relationship that benefits both of us

Consphysical space is terrible for labor

Advice to Senior Managementstart thinking of the physicality of the job when building the space and how the two effect and affect productivity and retention

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not a very organized company

CMA (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsThe hour were good. and the team I worked with were amazing

ConsHorriable turn over rate
    Poor upper management. They claim you are family but when push comes to shove you are another number to them. Not at all what I expected the the company to be.Unstable!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture they so pride themselves on lacks a personal touch. I have never seen nor heard any positive feedback. They really need some fresh blood and a new perspective in leadership roles. It would do this company well to re think the people in charge.

Corporation is physician centric and disregards nursing and nursing care.

RN Staff (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe physician specialists for children are available in one location. The facilities are excellent.

ConsNursing knowledge/education and experience is not rewarded with career advancement or participation in hospital change. No career ladder. Poor communication and superficial interaction between upper management and staff nurses. A physician centric culture. Change is very slow and resisted, regardless of current standards of care. Nurses who are task oriented are successful, educated nurses are quick to leave and take their care elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire upper management to attend nurse council meetings to breakdown the barriers to patient care and patient/staff satisfaction. Update all staff to have email equivalent to upper management to facilitate communication. Challenge how incidents and near misses are recorded.

Very educational, learned so much more about all aspects of hospital environment.

Physician Sales (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsI was working with a facility that provided quality healthcare and leading edge technology.
    I was able to work with some incredible physicians and able to help them learn the market and grow their practice.

ConsNo real downsides just took awhile at our local hospital to get equipment and new technology. There was a long process and tight budget due to current economic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership was fantastic and supportive of our sales positions and what we were trying to accomplish. I love the upper management and had no issues.

Employee for 9 yrs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsIf you can get into the group of acceptable voices you might make a difference

ConsThe voices that counter the flow of what is easy and visible out-shout those that try to bring light to what might be meaningful and valuable. Squeeky wheels only get greased if they are in line with current thinkspeak.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE EXPERIENCED people-and set your salaries accordingly so that they are attracted to work there.

Good company. Conservative. Poor strategy at times.

Physician Practice (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFast moving company , always on the move

ConsStaffing issues on the physician practice side are very strict. Employees working for 3-4 years getting none or partial insignificant raises. Conservative company. They have directors and senior management who seem to be very disconnected with the operations in the ground and in clinics.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff .

Good people, low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsMany of the workers are great people, very committed to improving patient lives and helping make the company a better place.

ConsThe company offers limited opportunities for advancement and even more limited opportunities for industry standard compensation. Not competitive as far as compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people more than the bottom line.

Solid Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCompensation was above average
    Great Benefits package
    Company is solid, making money
    Flexible schedule

ConsThey will work you to death and there is no work/life balance.
    Management acts as if they are too good to roll up their sleeves and work. Instead, subordinates are expected to do the work of several people often resulting in long hours and overtime.
    Although they offer a flexible schedule, the workload rarely permits you to take advantage.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention and do some investigating as to what is really going on at "corporate" locations that are not located in Nashville, but rather in remote locations.

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!