Hospital Corporation of America

Hospital Corporation of America Reviews in Kingwood, TX

Hospital Corporation of America President and CEO R. Milton Johnson

R. Milton Johnson

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Good people, bad management.

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee)
    Kingwood, TX

ProsGreat people contribute to a fun, fast-paced working environment. I love most of the units, and really do look forward to going to work everyday. The people in my department are awesome because everyone helps everyone else out when they are in need.

ConsThere are some really skilled clinicians that work at this facility, but ultimately a hospital is only as good as the doctors that are contracted there. The doctors are subpar, and seem to be concerned more with making a buck than with treating the patient accordingly.

Management says that there is an "open-door policy", but that is a lie. They want people that are going to keep their mouth's shut and do your job. This is mostly to the detriment of the patient because they cut corners wherever they can. Staffing, equipment, and employee benefits are all below average considering other comparable systems.

Pay is subpar comparing to almost any other facility in Houston, and I should know because I have worked many other systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Take what they say to heart because it takes a lot of gumption to stand up for what is right. Celebrate your clinicians that come there each and every day looking to grow professionally, and pay them accordingly. Everyone is not the same, and you shouldn't pay them as such either.

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hospital Corporation of America reviews and ratings in Kingwood, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hospital Corporation of America CEO R. Milton Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Hospital Corporation of America employees.