Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bobby Floyd

Assistanta Director

Assistant Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThe compensation is very good. Great growth opportunity. Meet some really good people. Med Senior management is knowledgeable and helpful.

ConsThis job is good for a single person without children or a family. Don't give you enough time or consideration to make the arrangements to more. Some places HHS is locate is not worry the bother, not even for the money

Management will make you feel incompetent to make themselves feel better about not knowing how to do their jobs.

Staff Accountant (Former Employee)

ProsFellow co-workers were great people to work with.

Conslow pay, little to no raise, minimal training, micro management, no job security, management will try to make you feel incompetent so they can keep at same pay, little structure, and the list can go on for a mile.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management courses or seminars so your not belittling subordinates, you want your employees to be inspired and empowered.

I don't feel I kiss up enough to be given a chance to succeed.

Assistant Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee)

ProsIf you can be friends with the upper echelon management you have a chance to succeed.

ConsI am not one to kiss up to management. I am open and honest.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your AD's a raise if they deserve it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work / life balance

Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee)

ProsReally good people , lots of different opportunities for advancement. Must be willing to move. Quite a bit to know and retain

ConsWork / life balance is not good, pay for line level staff needs to better to retain staff and lessen turnover and training expense

Advice to Senior ManagementWork / life balance is not good, pay for line level staff needs to better to retain staff and lessen turnover and training expense

POOR Leadership..it's like working for the mafia

Assistant Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee)

ProsGreat floor care program and foundation class.

ConsVey impersonal organization and unprofessional. Everybody related to each other in the Senior leadership. Don't bother to stick up for yourself as this organization prides itself on retaliation and as most bosses are retaliatory when you objective to their unprofessionalism and poor behavior. Upper management and Senior leadership engage in poor behavior such as going to strip clubs regularly. HHS belittles their staff and offer them zero to nothing for benefits. The worst benefits if anything is offered. Very low wage, below poverty line. I don't recommend this company or any contract service. HHS now hires only part time employees to avoid paying benefits. Just lip service that gets a contract signed. All contractors are same. It's all about the bottom line and employees truly come last. This company is a hostile work environment and sad part is this organization is ignorant on recognizing their shortcomings.

The worst company to work for!

EVS Manager (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe pay would be a pros if senior management would not make assistant directors and directors work 12hrs a day 7days a week. Especially working for a VP in Houston.

ConsThe company is unethical. They cheat the clients and their own managers out of money. Example1: A director exceeds budgets and still keeps hospital clean and client happy but doesn't get a bonus because senior leadership says it's why we pay the Director a salary for. Quality of life sucks for anyone that has a family! If you are single and just got out of the Military or Prison this might be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the principle owner needs to take a hard look at his own family running his business and people into the ground. You've got some good leadership but they can't wipe their own noses without the 28yr old COO(who has never been a Director for EVS) or the CEO (that has never worked in this industry but bankrupt his father n law ranch which owns the company)

bad bad company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosi worked because of pay and location only

ConsThe company using hardwork and expectations to treat the lowest staff badly. They are getting rich off the backs of the hardest working folks, usually minorities in a hospital. They are a mean-sprited group of folks who care about nothing but treating minorities like donald sterling and getting paid.

Advice to Senior Managementyou can hold employees accountable without being so nasty

Great systems in place to be successful, alot of freedom, huge future, but you must like housekeeping

Baton Rouge, LA

ProsThe systems and everything you need is already in place to be successful
    Great career starter straight out of college
    Very intense training to prepare you for your hospital
    I had great management take me under there wing at Baton Rouge General

ConsYou must have at least a liking for housekeeping to stay long
    Have to work diligently to keep under appreciated staff motivated
    My particular account was very political, if its a managers only account, it is very hard to discipline employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you spend more time on training people that go to Management only accounts, and understand that the HHS standard cannot be implemented if the hospital controls the hiring, firing, and disciplining of employees, But other than that its definetly an awesome company

Definetly a privately own company, great opportunities to grow in company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Very intense training program
    -Lots of freedom as salaried Manager
    -If you have a great personality, and a people person you will be succesful
    - If you are a hardworker you will love this job

Cons-Throughout hospital housekeeping staff treated poorly, and looked down upon.
    - Must be "in network" to advance within company

Advice to Senior Management-I definetly enjoyed my tenure with the company, just make sure that before someone is brought on they are going to be head of housekeeping nothing more nothing less, awesome experience, awesome staff, awesome people.

The experience was helpful for what was needed at the time.

Atlanta, GA

ProsMeeting the people at the various accounts was great.

ConsThe constant moving can get stale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Hospital Housekeeping Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hospital Housekeeping Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hospital Housekeeping Systems CEO Bobby Floyd. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Hospital Housekeeping Systems employees.