Hospital Housekeeping Systems Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Joe Terry

Pros
  • HHS really gives great training to its management staff and support you when you are in the field (in 5 reviews)

• Good people to supervise but not good above you (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • no incentive bonus pay, long hours, difficult to advance (in 5 reviews)

• Lots of executives in place with little to no experience (in 2 reviews)

Great family-owned company with great people

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at HHS gives me the opportunity to make a difference in many people's lives every single day. Serving our patients, housekeeping staff & other fellow coworkers is the most rewarding part of my job. Each day I leave work feeling fulfilled because I know my work has impacted those around me.

Cons

Constant changes/reductions in the healthcare industry.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding and acknowledging your staff for making a positive impact in other people's lives.

Director

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with HHS for 1 year. I have found it to be a very pleasant place to work. The people are very responsive and helpful. Leadership has a focus on improvement and produce a monthly video each month to update all employees in the field. There's a solid path to promotion to higher positions within the company.

Cons

Fast paced environment, but that is due to company growth, as I see it.

Advice to Management

Continue consistent, timely communication.

Dynamic company for growth minded leaders willing to work hard

Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with HHS going on 7 years. During that time I have steadily advanced in responsibility. More importantly, I've witnessed the advancement of those who report to me as well. While individual achievement is rewarded, it's the success of the teams that have truly led to everyone's personal advancement. There is also a lot of satisfaction in knowing the service you are providing is considered the best in the industry.

Cons

The demands of this industry are not for everyone. Individuals that are successful with HHS typically have to have the ability to roll up their sleeves and not be afraid to get their hands dirty while still maintaining the skill sets to represent both the company and the clients in an executive manner.

Advice to Management

Stick to your core values, the ones that have made HHS successful for over 40 years. Keep pushing your leadership to develop the next wave of leaders. As the company continues to grow, it will be needed.

5. What a Shame....

Current Employee - Director of Environmental Services
    Current Employee - Director of Environmental Services

Pros

Hourly Team Members work extremely hard for their managers and really care about their patients.

Cons

Managers are constantly expected to pull a rabbit out of their hat with poor staffing levels, the inability to reward team members with pay increases, and upper management that comes from big box retail. Upper management gets 2 weeks OTJ training, they have no idea how to really run an EVS department.

Advice to Management

When a manager tells you that they are being harassed by a client, take it seriously and address the situation. Removing the manager from the account, or when they don't want to move, you make their lives a living hell until they quit, is not the answer.

Jul 30, 2015 – EVP of Talent Acquisition

Regarding staffing levels, we always aim to bid each job with the labor needed for "A" quality results while working within the financial constraints of each facility. We're also constantly ... More

Growing pains or sinking ship?

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Austin, TX

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Pros

There are some genuinely nice, good people who work there. The best part of working at HHS was making friends with people in my department and in other departments.

Cons

The company is completely unorganized and doesn't seem to have a clear vision. The only way to grow a career is if you manage to survive the chaos long enough. Nepotism is strong; half of their leadership is either family or friends of family. They brought on a new CFO to get the company back on course, but his solution seems to be laying people off and slashing budgets, which has created a culture of fear and distrust throughout the corporate office.

Advice to Management

VALUE YOUR PEOPLE. From the housekeepers up to the corporate office. The people who show up and work hard every day are the only thing keeping this company alive, so start acting like you actually care about them. Bring back the Christmas party and happy hours. Encourage people to have fun and interact. If you're not going to pay them more or offer opportunity for advancement, the least you can do is keep them happy where they are.

Jul 20, 2015 – Owner

We believe ourselves to be well organized with a clear vision. We intentionally have a lot of family & friends, as we believe in mining good genetics. Our CFO was brought aboard to correct problems ... More

7. Excellent

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Bronx, NY

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can be well organized works well under pressure

Cons

I sometimes take on too many tasks.

Advice to Management

I'm bilingual in Spanish and open for all hours and wkends also holidays

8. Assistant Director/Director

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of autonomy. Pretty good salary and benefits. Very easy to move up the latter if results are produced.

Cons

Asked to do a lot with nothing. receive no support from the top, Only a phone call if something is wrong or messed up.

Assistant Director

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time

Pros

HHS is a good place to start your career within the hospital environment. Great peer relationships.

Cons

- Low pay - Executive mgmt is clueless - Its all in the family - Low pay for ridiculous hours - No work life balance - Relocate or get dumped on

Advice to Management

Value the people that actually know what they are doing...not just the ones that are somehow linked to the family. Show appreciation through MONEY.

Jul 30, 2015 – EVP of Talent Acquisition

We always value feedback from both our team members and we are always striving to make sure that we compensate team members appropriately, provide work-life balance and install effective on-site and ... More

not great

Former Employee - Linen Tech in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Linen Tech in Snellville, GA

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

gives anyone a job that in need

Cons

work hard an dont get noticed for it make you work 40 hours with no benefits dont care about your schedule

Advice to Management

none

Limited Future

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time

Pros

It is a fairly small corporate office so you have the ability to not be stuck doing one task all day everyday.

Cons

Limited Growth opportunity Not a very innovative company so your ability to learn plateaus quickly Leadership plays favoritism Poor communication when making changes to policies that effect a wide range of employees Little to no consideration for the well being of their employee's welfare Quasi Bully mentality in their management style

Jul 20, 2015 – Owner

Have you talked to your supervisor about specific complaints? If not, do so; if you have, please go up the chain of command all the way to me, jims@hhs1.com

RSS Feed </> Embed