Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Hospital Housekeeping Systems Reviews

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014

Joe Terry

Great company with almost unlimited advancement opportunity.

Current Employee - EVP in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - EVP in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Positive culture, great people at every level of the company, growing company offering advancement opportunity, good pay.

Cons

The uncertainty of contract management.

Stay the course. I am very pleased with the direction of the company.

A Great company struggling with growth and identity as they diversify in the hospital services and technology space

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Pros

Great quality of team members, great employee benefits, and aggressive executives can take risks to make the big wins. For the EVS side great systems and training.

Cons

As the company diversifies and grows they are experiencing communication and identity issues - this can lead to confusion and dilute the focus of efforts ( depending where you are in the chain of command )

Beneficial Experience

Former Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Austin, TX

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to gain operations management experience. The salary was great. When you're young and single relocating every 1-2 years is fun. I made great friendships while I was with HHS.

Cons

The experience is what you make it. If you go in and work hard, put in the hours, develop your team to run efficiently and effectively you will reap the rewards down the road. The major downside for me was lack of direction in career. I am an executive focused professional and saw no real opportunity to be an executive with the organization due to my lack of connections internally. In no way is this a dig at the company, but it is what it is.

Identify high potentials early in the game and let them know you see their value. It's easy to get discouraged if no one ever recognizes you. Develop an executive training academy in which DPs can get acquainted with the top talent of each group. Cross-pollination between groups can be a good thing. Call former Directors that voluntarily terminated and were in good standing with the organization to gain candid feedback on the pro's and con's of the organization during their tenure.

Dec 16, 2014Owner

"I am an executive focused professional and saw no real opportunity to be an executive with the organization due to my lack of connections internally." We expect to grow to 30 times ... More

Had the Potential to be a decent workplace at the Hospital I worked at

Former Employee - Executive Chef/Assistant Director
    Former Employee - Executive Chef/Assistant Director

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The salary was decent for the job performed and having most of the weekends were great. Hourly employees were generally great to work with and were committed to doing the best they could.

Cons

Changes were constantly made without any discussion with lower level employees from upper management. They hire and promote anyone based on filling positions and not exactly hiring people who were qualified for those positions. The workplace is very political and upper management seemed to always play both sides. Had to be careful on expressing your own opinions because it could come back to you if they did not like what you said. Bosses found ways to remove people and place blame on others and not themselves. Finally, job duties are not evenly distributed among employees especially between director and assistant director. I found that the Director spent most days doing almost nothing at all and passing his duties to others.

Listen to your lower level employees because they understand more than you think of how the hospitality business works. Most of my employees made great suggestions having worked many years in the same place except their opinions were almost never heard. They see upper management telling them to do this or that with no explanation and they feel left out. Most of them don't speak out because they see their opinions as void or not being passed up the chain due to weak leadership.

Last of all I wanted to mention the human resource part of HHS was good about listening to my grievances of my job situation after I departed ways and promised to have my voice heard, but I have not heard anything from them in awhile so I guess my situation was just tossed aside by the higher ups because the same unprofessional people I used to work for are still there doing what they do.

Employer review

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Pros

Great for single available employees

Cons

No balance between work and family

Take care of your most valuable asset - your employees

Awful!

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Pros

The only good thing about working for HHS was meeting new people. Most my co-workers and patients were great!

Cons

Our kitchen staff was unappreciated an treated unfairly. Our director thought of no body but himself. HHS is by far the worst company I've ever worked for. Low pay and long hours. We always got shorted on checks. Not enough staff. Went the countless employees. Just awful...

Care more about your employees. Without us u wouldn't have a company. Increase pay!

Nov 12, 2014Director of Communications

We always want to immediately address any team member dissatisfaction or inappropriate actions taken by management or other staff members. We welcome your honest feedback and if you'd like to email ... More

Any position

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Pros

There is not any pros

Cons

Awfull pay no overtime im most position either. A person have to do the job of 2 and only get pay for one an minimum wage

A company that values their own family and personal cliques.

Former Employee - Director of Environmental Services

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with the front line hospital staff, and Administration Team. At each hospital/account I worked for I received a personal letter of recommendation. That felt good, but not to feel acknowledged for the long hours and the ability to " win " people over.....was not a good feeling.

Cons

Where to begin.....

Long Hours (no overtime for salary managers)
    Policies being bent to accommodate. [J.To. needs to get out there and see what some of these Directors/A.D.'s are doing]
    Policies 2- OVP should read the policies before saying something that gets them in hot water. (company moves, why was it OK to discuss a managers personal situation, and that manager being told in a group setting, not following the open door policy-answer calls for team members..that's why your number is posted.
    Low Pay for front line staff, a selected few will receive an increase below the radar.
    OVP's that can not answer questions they should know on the spot in regards to policy.
    OVP's handing off their work off on their Directors. (ACR, Ops Pack, gauging COO feelings prior to a visit because they don't have the relationship skills to win them over)
    OVP's using town hall meetings, or secret meetings with a selected few team members.
    Vacation Time was almost never taken because of one reason or another. (I should say I did not use my vacation time year over year, my fault for putting the company first.)
    There isn't any training hours budgeted for new team members.

There is too much to list, the more I add the more unsettled I get.

Stay away!!

There are a selected few individuals that frequent accounts more to gain a better insight as to what happens to a Assistant Director/Director when they leave training.

Please stop mentioning there is a salary cap per account when there isn't any, the situation just looks really unsettling for the OVP/EVP, especially when you know they are lying.

There is more on the job injuries than is reported.

Several managers/Directors/Assistant Directors are now working for the competitor...Sudexo.....why?

The company is reporting that it is growing, when in fact shrinking...(to the individual reading this, I believe you know what i'm speaking about...so there isn't a need on your end to supply me with a @hhs1.com of someone that will just push this under the rug and hope it gets resolves.

Reader stay away from this company, your end up having a heart attack trying to meet you senior managements expectations.

Former Director of Evs. For almost 5 years

Former Employee - Director of Environmental Services

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great team work amongst fellow Directors within the region. Many of the corporate personnel very open and honest with us who were in the field.

Cons

Good old boy company. It is really who you know or who you family is with this company. The company has double standards has it pertains to company policies. It's ok for certain people in the field to do one thi g wrong, but if someone that is not connected with the family in some sort of way does the same thing it's not ok.

Treat everyone the same way. Ensure the rules apply to everyone and not just those who aren't part of the clik.

Oct 14, 2014Director of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. Our culture and values are of utmost importance to us. If a team member is not upholding these values, it is critical to bring this to our attention, via our Team Member ... More

A company that values family

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for growth opportunity then this the company for you. HHS has provided me with the tools and resources to succeed. A privately owned business that is committed to their employees. My salary doubled in 3 years!

Cons

Working in healthcare can be challenging. The environment is urgent! You have to be able to adapt on the fly and be creative with your staff!

Continue to mentor your current director who are your future VP's and Presidents. There are a lot of high end youthful directors who will continue to carry the quality and reputation of the company if you invest time in them