Hospital Physician Partners

Updated August 31, 2014
2.5

Jeffrey Schillinger

Too many chiefs

I have been working at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable work. That is about the best I can say

Cons

The administrative side is too demanding of those on the lower end of the payscale. Pay increases are severely lacking. Less than 1% this year. Deadlines are unrealistic, especially at hospitals with a high patient load. No one will listen to complaints, some employees are allowed to use language that at other companies would be grounds for dismissal and when reported, nothing was done. Pay scale isn't up to the local areas. The new employees at a local retail establishment start out at 3 dollars an hour more than I make. Promises are made, but never delivered.

Pay those that are doing the day to day work more. Give pay increases that are indicative of the amount and quality of work they are doing. Provide employees with the tools they need to do their job effectively and reward those employees that are loyal and work hard.

Fast paced healthcare company

Former Employee - Regional Client Administrator  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Client Administrator in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a tremendous amount about Hospitalists Medicine and starting new practices

Cons

Did not receive enough training regarding financial reporting

Spend more time educating team members

Run by a calvary of wolves

Former Employee - Financial Side  in  Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Side in Plantation, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had an opportunity to meet some really great people.

Cons

Management are like starving wolves back stabbing other managers and departments to make themselves shine. Company lacks value and does not appreciate employees. Employees are held back from promotions because management is fearful of having their jobs taken. Many long term employees/managers are being demoted.

Get a new shareholders board they are making poor buisness desicions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great experience

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company. Great learning experience from upper management. I definitely learned a lot while I was there and it helped me grow for future positions in my career.

Cons

I will say that while I learned a lot, there was quite a bit of micro management in some areas...not in my direct manager but I did see it in some areas

Physician. Much like any contract management group. More interested in finances than patient care.

Former Employee - Emergency Physician  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Emergency Physician in York, PA

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

David Schillinger is a gem. Charismatic and hard working clinician

Cons

No paid vacation for physicians. Group will not even do direct deposit for physician pay, preferring to "work the float"
    Group took this contract without investigating emergency physician shortage statewide in PA. Cannot recruit, and will not pay the money required to properly staff the department.

Would give physicians (who make the money and shoulder the liability) the same pto as the administrative staff.

An unfortunate setback to my career.

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's very easy to achieve hard work & quality results.

Cons

Excessive amount of micro management and lack of job stability. Staff is unappreciated and unrewarded. High turnover rate and too much company politics. Poorly executed business strategies and assignments - we often wore egg on our faces with clients.

Deliver on promises and put more stock in the corporate slogan: "What's Important to YOU...Is What Matters to US!"

Stimulating, challenging, lots of reward, great people, great values and respect

Current Employee - Management  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Hospital Physician Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced environment, wonderful coworkers, and recently adopted solid core values. Advancement opportunities for both a self-starter and team oriented people. Several areas of career growth can be explored from Health Care, Medical Billing, Finance and IT. Corportate growth can be quite rapid if you are determined and focused. Currently the company is investing in developement of its IT infrastructure and new technologies.

Cons

Internal review or development of new programs can be slow at times. There is a strong managment base, but in some areas, organization and standardization of internal processes are limited.

Continue to practice your core values and invest in your staff. Your greatest assets are the strong and loyal teams you have built.

OK place to work, but pay is too low for good developers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Hospital Physician Partners

Pros

26 PTO days including holidays.
    Relaxed environment.
    Able to get projects and work done without any interruptions.
    OK place to work if you are a mid-level developer.

Cons

Base salary is too low.
    Senior developers are not paid what they deserve.
    Senior management & middle management are incompetant, for the most part.
    Senior management just does not get the value of IT in a health care environment and what it can do for them.
    Slow to adapt to any kind of technology.

Pay your senior level developers what they deserve and you won't have them consistently leave.

A basic review

Current Employee - Network Administrator  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hospital Physician Partners

Pros

I have a good job title, and the semi-decent salary has given me the ability to gain what I need to move up the latter elsewhere.

Cons

The company has changed names, and gone bankrupt so many times I've lost count. They have just been bought out by an investment company, and are still having issues paying the bills without help. The main reason I am looking to leave is that they refuse to invest in their infastructure. They want to put more on less, and they want more out of nothing. Their servers are 5-10 years old, and are failing. They don't want to buy new, they typically go bankrupt, change names, and aquire the previous names assets (they lease) and doing so allows them to keep those leased goods. They have also been known to buy servers/equipment off of ebay..

The good ones left because they can, the ones who still work there are the reason why the company is failing, and shouldn't look to taint other companies with their lack of skill.

Worked for Hospital Physician Partners? Contribute to the Community!