Hospital Physician Partners

Good

Former Employee - Employee
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The environment is very positive , the company is a family oriented company and everyone is very nice.

Cons

Not much room for growth.

Company has immature technology

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners

Pros

Relatively care free environment with more of a family type atmosphere.

Cons

Senior developers are not paid enough money.

"Great company with competitive benefits and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Hospital Physician Partners

Pros

I have been working for HPP for less than a year and I am so glad I decided to join this team. The leadership team is very involved in daily operations and works really hard which shows their commitment to the company's development.This is the first company I work for where I come to work after my manager has arrived and I leave before he does. Typically is the other way around.

They are currently implementing new technology and new initiatives to increase hospital clients and provider satisfaction across the board.The company is expanding at a great speed as they integrate ED and Hospitalist services. My position is very challenging and stressful at times but this is part of my professional growth. I like to be challenged so I can reach my full potential. In the next five years, I see myself working for HPP as I continue to learn about the industry and hopefully move up to management roles.

HPP offers competitive benefits, 120 annual leave hours , 9 1/2 paid holidays, 16 hours of PTO. 401K after 2 months of employment, tuition reimbursement and very cost effective health care coverage. My work-life balance has improved significantly since I started working here. I enjoy weekends off and they are very flexible with my school schedule. Competitive salary with an additional 15% bonus. Seriously, what else can I ask for?

Cons

Nothing to say for now.

As the company continues to go through changes, start letting go of those employees that are not suited for their positions or move them to different roles where they are a better fit. I respect seniority but at the end of the day we are running a business and productivity can't be affected by those who are not willing to adapt to new changes.

HPP is a very diversified, family oriented company to work for...

Current Employee - Scheduler Coordinator in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Scheduler Coordinator in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After working here for the first year I was very grateful to be given the opportunity to be a part of a prestigious organization. Although there are occasions when the work-load can be very demanding, the moral support provided by my fellow colleagues continuously help ease the load of the day. I must say because of the vast amount of employees that are mutually invested in helping one another, it makes the environment a pleasant place to work.

Cons

As a Scheduler being on-call 24/7, I feel that some days can be worked from home remotely.

Too many chiefs

Pros

Stable work. That is about the best I can say

Cons

The administrative side is too demanding of those on the lower end of the payscale. Pay increases are severely lacking. Less than 1% this year. Deadlines are unrealistic, especially at hospitals with a high patient load. No one will listen to complaints, some employees are allowed to use language that at other companies would be grounds for dismissal and when reported, nothing was done. Pay scale isn't up to the local areas. The new employees at a local retail establishment start out at 3 dollars an hour more than I make. Promises are made, but never delivered.

Pay those that are doing the day to day work more. Give pay increases that are indicative of the amount and quality of work they are doing. Provide employees with the tools they need to do their job effectively and reward those employees that are loyal and work hard.

Fast paced healthcare company

Former Employee - Regional Client Administrator in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Client Administrator in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learned a tremendous amount about Hospitalists Medicine and starting new practices

Cons

Did not receive enough training regarding financial reporting

Spend more time educating team members

Great people, great experience

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company. Great learning experience from upper management. I definitely learned a lot while I was there and it helped me grow for future positions in my career.

Cons

I will say that while I learned a lot, there was quite a bit of micro management in some areas...not in my direct manager but I did see it in some areas

Run by a calvary of wolves

Former Employee - Financial Side in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Side in Plantation, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had an opportunity to meet some really great people.

Cons

Management are like starving wolves back stabbing other managers and departments to make themselves shine. Company lacks value and does not appreciate employees. Employees are held back from promotions because management is fearful of having their jobs taken. Many long term employees/managers are being demoted.

Get a new shareholders board they are making poor buisness desicions.

Physician. Much like any contract management group. More interested in finances than patient care.

Former Employee - Emergency Physician in York, PA
    Former Employee - Emergency Physician in York, PA

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

David Schillinger is a gem. Charismatic and hard working clinician

Cons

No paid vacation for physicians. Group will not even do direct deposit for physician pay, preferring to "work the float"
    Group took this contract without investigating emergency physician shortage statewide in PA. Cannot recruit, and will not pay the money required to properly staff the department.

Would give physicians (who make the money and shoulder the liability) the same pto as the administrative staff.

An unfortunate setback to my career.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Hospital Physician Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's very easy to achieve hard work & quality results.

Cons

Excessive amount of micro management and lack of job stability. Staff is unappreciated and unrewarded. High turnover rate and too much company politics. Poorly executed business strategies and assignments - we often wore egg on our faces with clients.

Deliver on promises and put more stock in the corporate slogan: "What's Important to YOU...Is What Matters to US!"