Hospital of Central Connecticut

3.7

Larry Tanner
1 Rating

Wonderful learning experience

I have been working at Hospital of Central Connecticut full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The organization has embraced a culture of safety to ensure that each and every patient has no preventable harm inflicted on them while a patient. Employees here are dedicated to getting the job done right.

Cons

Our facilities need to be modernized and adapted to accommodate today's healthcare consumer. We have great programs that could flourish if the right resources were added.

It served my purpose while I worked there in HIM but there is no room for me to grow in the position I am looking for.

I have been working at Hospital of Central Connecticut part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love my co-workers. They have been very supportive of me in trying to advance my career.

Cons

There is no room for me to grow in my new career choice.
    the company paid for my education to become a coder but now will not give me a job.

When there is an understanding between management and an employee about the future, stick with the understanding and don't change your mind afterwards. In other words, when there is an implied promise for a future job after completing school, don't change your mind afterwards.

My 8+ years at the Hospital of Central Connecticut have been both pleasing and rewarding.

Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in New Britain, CT
    Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in New Britain, CT

I have been working at Hospital of Central Connecticut full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Management cares about the views of their employees
    -Employees often peer regulate their work environment to keep other employees both honest and accountable for the work they do as well as spreading the new HRO (High Reliability) culture of Hartford Healthcare.
    -Gives Employees and mangers opportunities to grow through various available seminars and classes should they choose
    -Great cafeteria food
    -Ample parking

Cons

-Located in a less than ritzy part of the city
    -High traffic hospital
    -Less focus on the aesthetics of the hospital and more care towards employees concerns and needs

Take into consideration the concern and needs of middle management

Treated amazing by all staff who worked above or below me.

Current Employee - ER Tech in New Britain, CT
    Current Employee - ER Tech in New Britain, CT

Pros

Amazing benefits and very kind open people.

Cons

None come to mind. Typical hospital work environment.

HOCC Review

Current Employee - Patient Representative in New Britain, CT
    Current Employee - Patient Representative in New Britain, CT

I have been working at Hospital of Central Connecticut full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, relatively closed to home.

Cons

Heavy work overload, stressful environment, not being paid enough comparing to neighbor hospitals.

Raise the hourly salary, give some bonuses for perfect attendance, good behavior/professional behavior and etc.