Hospital of Saint Raphael Reviews

Reset
3.5
Hospital of Saint Raphael President & CEO Christopher O'Connor
Christopher O'Connor

1. St. Raphael's was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Lab Tech
    Former Employee - Lab Tech

I worked at Hospital of Saint Raphael full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as a lab tech. The people I worked with were great and the salary was average for the industry as was the vacation time. Working in a hospital is great as far as medical benefits goes also.

Cons

Working in any health care industry is tough because of the hours that you may have to put in. People don't stop getting sick because its the weekend or a holiday. All these times must be covered. Also it is tough to move up unless you go into management or hospital administration. If you were willing to go back to school they had partial tuition coverage.

Advice to Management

Start to give lab techs the same respect and wages that nurses get. The difference is ridiculous considering the schooling, Licensing, and importance of their job.

2. envrinomentail services

Former Employee - Autoclave Oparertor
    Former Employee - Autoclave Oparertor

I worked at Hospital of Saint Raphael full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friend working there do job make the cleanest hosptial in new haven ct.just there like bing in haven.

Cons

when i lost my mother that was it.she was my everything to me.that make me lose my job.

Advice to Management

management was good love it feel good work beontime it was o.k.

3. Disatisying

Former Employee - Student Nurse Technician in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Student Nurse Technician in New Haven, CT

Pros

The orientation was informative and made me feel as though they understood what each student nurse was going through as they started working in the hospital enviornment

Cons

Some of the nurses were not that nice. Technicians that have been on floors for years are treated differently than those that have not. I hardly ever recieved any positive feed back and when i did it never got to management.

Advice to Management

Be more down to earth. Try to remember what it was like to be at the bedside.

5. Great Communnity Hospital with great Learning experiences

Current Employee - RN in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - RN in New Haven, CT

Pros

A small community Hospital where learning is able to be done. Co-workers are friendly and always willing to help. Most PCMs give great feedback to their employees.

Cons

The only con is the pay is less than Yale and the 401 K is not matched.

RSS Feed </> Embed