Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline(in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority(in 9 reviews)

I have been with the company for almost 21 years and in the past five years the company has went down so fast

Shipping (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt is a steady income and provided insurance.

ConsThe new upper management is clueless as to how a bakery should run, Our plant has lost so many good people due to corp, choices.

Advice to Senior Managementstart compensating your employees for their time. Your management team does not enjoy 70 hours a week with no compensation. you make the bucks so should they!

It was rewarding ,if you were able to work for yourself without supervision

Route Salesman (Former Employee)

ProsBeing your own boss ,being able to choose your own hours to some degree.The amount of money you make is dependant on how hard you try .The money I made for not having a college degree was phenominal!

ConsThe worst part is the long hours and not being free to have days off whenever you needed.And sometimes the weater conditions were very challenging

Neutral

Always There No Life (Current Employee) Henderson, NV

ProsThey have good benefits yeah

Consmoney taken out our check without permission couldnt vote non member

Advice to Senior ManagementHave compassion for others give back what we give to you, give us back our $$

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would not recommend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsA lot of responsibility, depending on your position, supervisor, workload, etc.
    Fun corporate events every once in awhile
    Exposure to several brands

ConsRun completely by the board (Ripplewood) for a short term financial gain, which means many bad decisions are made that hurt the business overall, but puts money in their pockets in the meantime.
    Very old-school mentalities--not laid back, kind of uptight, and plenty of discrimination

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek long term goals, keep yourself open to new opportunities rather than just doing things the exact same way you've done them in the past. History will repeat itself if you do the exact same thing that you were doing that got you into bankruptcy in the first place.

Scary, In all of my 27 yrs in route sls, I have never seen a company like this TRYING to give it all away.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsBenifits,and thats only there thanks to Teamsters Union.

ConsAwefull Management, In the 4-5 years I have been there I have never been told good job, DSM,s and never get out in the market.
    My paycheck has went only down since Ive started, almost back to training pay.
    They are trying now to cut our commisions more.
    Employee Moral is just the worst that I have ever seen

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your RSRs from time to time, to see whats going on with your company.
    Ask for feedback from your RSRs on whats selling in there market.
    Check up on your DSMs.

Ok

ProsThe money getting paid every friday

ConsThe hours & days off

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need new ones

Great co workers. Upper management unwilling to change to better company

DSM (Current Employee)

ProsDedicated sales force, good products, vacation and benefits are good. 401k plan. National brands makes it easier to sell displays

ConsAging fleet trucks, ordering system is outdated, rail system is ancient need to go to baskets. Unwillingness to spend money

Ruined my self confidence and wasted valuable years.

Retail Outlet Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsProvides union wages and protection.

ConsNo work life balance. Physically demanding and dirty. Poor equipment and impossible customer service requirements considering they cater to government assistance clientele.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the over all picture instead of your departments numbers. Seriously listen to employee input and stand up to your own bosses. Invest in modern equipment and start thinking forward in a realistic way i.e., listen to the people in the trenches; meaning on the line, your rsr, clerks, etc. Too much paperwork and not enought time or reason.

not bad

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood place to work...you control your own income by how hard you work... Great job for a "people person"

ConsUpper Management has a serious disconnect

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek advice and listen to street level employees

if they can make you feel unskilled and uneducated they will.

ProsThe route sales and the sales force in the thrift stores are some of the greatest people to work with and 95% of them are really hard workers.

ConsThe suits in charge would like for you to think you don"t deserve to have a job. They also want you to think the reason the company is going broke is because some employee stole a paperclip.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are not up to the job, get someone who is. You may need to cut some of the huge paychecks and put in back into the company or better still use it to get yourself a research and developement dept. Oh you already have one?' could have fooled me.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!