Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline(in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority(in 9 reviews)

Career at Hostess Brands

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople that worked there - relationships

ConsCompany closed due to union issues

Advice to Senior ManagementNo longer relevant to management

Hostess brands

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Biddeford, ME

ProsSalary and benefits were good supervises good to work with

ConsToo much corporate control plant manager could run the plant as he sees fit everything had to be okay from corporate too much red tape

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers like human beings not like numbers

Bankrupt

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsGood money if your willing to work for it

Cons55-60 hour work weeks that start around 3am

Advice to Senior Managementditch the unions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company liquidating

District Manager (Current Employee) Davenport, IA

ProsIt was a good company to work for. I was free to do my job with very little supervision or guidance, unless needed.

ConsThe company is in the process of liquidating

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Difficult with upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Team at the Plant level.

ConsPoor Leadership at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementGo run a Bagel shop

Company is outdated. More investment is needed to the front lines and bakeries to succeed!

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat brands!!! The company has the right pieces to be a success!!

ConsThe DSM job is over worked, too many items on their plate

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people so DSMs are able to sell and do more to impact the bottom line.

hostess brands

Finishing (Current Employee) Emporia, KS

Prosright now you get 40 hrs and overtime and paid vacations

Consthey took our pension and is in bankruptcy

It Sounds Good

ProsHostess Brands has benefits and are unionized, so you are protected. Also, they have an adequate pension plan for the time being.

ConsHostess Brands has filed bankruptcy AGAIN. It is a company with a lot of potential, but it is so poorly managed that it's being driven into the ground. Also, the job stability is no longer existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers instead of using them. We're the ones who know what the company needs anyway.

Do not work here

Prosdecent money, Get off work at a decent hour

Consupper management doesnt know anything, mismanagement of funds, treat employee's like crap. Keep taking more from the Route guys, we are already some of the lowest paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what your doing

Slave Drivers who don't give you a fair chance to learn the job

Production (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is decent. From what I heard there's plenty of overtime.

ConsSome of the trainers I had were nice but others acted as if you should already know how to do the job. They scheduled me to work in certain areas, but would move me to another area instead, sometimes they moved me before I even got started training and during training instead of letting the trainee stay on one task to learn it, they switched around which made it confusing. Some employees acted like they resented my being there. Some people were nice, but I could tell they all had their "clicks" and I didn't know if I would ever be accepted into one of them. A lot of times, I had to ask what to do because everyone would just run about doing their thing and leaving me in the dark. I got to work a total of six days through a temp agency before they decided they didn't want me back due to performance. I never got a fair chance to learn to do any of the jobs or to increase my speed. My first trainer told me (on my last day) that it was a slave driving company and they expected a lot, but not to worry, I would get better. I've never worked any where before that gave you one week of choppy, inconsistent, crash course training and expected you to perform like you'd been working there for six months to a year at the end of the week. It was "hell week" for me and although I would've liked to stay, mostly because of the pay, I'm glad it's over. A week full of back aches, little to no sleep because of being at work at 4 am and working 10 hr shifts, working with some people who wouldn't even speak to me (although a few were nice). There was one person who I'll miss. My first trainer, along with the two other people who work with her on a daily basis, they were genuinely nice to me and tried to train me properly without expecting me to perform miracles.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop better training methods with specific people to be trainers who aren't so arrogant they forget that they had to learn how to do the job too. I really don't think this advice or review will be taken seriously. I don't think this company really cares about their employees. They just care about the money.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!