Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline(in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority(in 9 reviews)

satisfying

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prossteady work all the time

Consmany long hours and days

Going down the toilet

RSP (Current Employee) Mankato, MN

ProsMy customers are the only good things. Pretty much left alone unless there is a problem. Pay is OK except it's not what it use to be

ConsNo support. The management don't have any real knowledge of the business. The manage feels that they can run everything from behind the desk

Advice to Senior ManagementSome one needs to be in direct contact with store management . The rsp doesn't have the time to stand around.

What a Joke

Inside Worker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt was a good job before they took nearly 1/4th of the salary away Depends on what position you have for how many hours you work. Inside workers are 40/45, route sales are 60+

ConsPoor management. Use of cardboard that is thrown away after one use; there is money for that, but not to pay your workers. real nice. Terrible hours, wage reductions do not make me wanna work any harder

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a manager, do not run routes. Your job is to manage people and sell our brand. Not be vacation relief

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hostess brands

Finishing (Current Employee) Emporia, KS

Prosright now you get 40 hrs and overtime and paid vacations

Consthey took our pension and is in bankruptcy

Run as fast as you can for this company

RSR (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsNone that I can think of. Pays ok, but they are cutting that, benefits were good, but they are cutting those also.

ConsTo many to list,
    Long Long thankless hours, split days (nights) off, working weekends, no life/work balance at all.
    Lazy, incompetent managers that hide in the office and send emails.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some management that can actually do the job, sell the company to someone else

Not bad, be better if it was more stable

District Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prospay, benefits and expenses. Vacation is good too. I have enjoyed my territory as well.

Consunstable- Everyone in mid/senior leadership is there because of time on job and not knowledge, There is a lot of waste that goes in the trash that could be additional GP.

Advice to Senior Managementsell to a capable owner

What Happened to this Company

Route Sales (Current Employee) Chickasaw, AL

ProsAlways Hiring, good benefits, good guys to work with on the average

ConsI have seen this company change drastically. I guess I am old Now, I made great money here 20 years ago. Now, things are ran by greedy, dishonest , unexperienced uppermanagement, who have NO BAKERY distribution training. This IS ASHAME FOR SURE. DM's hide behind emails and texts, never go out on the market, demanding things that they have NO CLUE about. A real Bread Man build a report with their customers. I could go on and ON , its sad. so much waste.

Advice to Senior ManagementRECRUIT SOME OLDTIMERS, WHO UNDERSTAND DISTRIBUTION, this is not a soda delivivery company. GET SOME EXPERIENCE IN HERE. STOP THE GREED, STOP THE WASTE, NO WONDER YOU ALL LOOSE MONEY, GET OUT OF YOUR OFFICES AND GO CHECK OUT THE MARKET..OR IS IT TOO HOT??

work life of a salesman

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGood people to work with. The pay is fairly good. The benefits (for now) are alright. Immediate supervision is decent.

ConsLong hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority. Second bankruptcy for the company since I've been with them. Doesn't look like we'll survive this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the bankruptcy situation resolved. Whichever way it goes is preferable to going months on end not knowing if the doors will be locked the next day you come in.

On balance, it has been a good company over my 30 years.

Shiping (Current Employee) Hodgkins, IL

ProsVery good pay for unskilled labor. Good benefits.

ConsInept management which has lead to our 2 bk's in 8 years. Lack of quality leadership at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose all the thrift stores. Close and consolidate bakeries. Cut bakery management in half. Eliminate varieties that do not sell. Get rid of anything owned by Hostess Brands that is not either specifically Hostess or Wonder Bread.

It has been a learn on your own type of experience that is laden with lies

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Gulfport, MS

ProsThere is a chance that you may have lots of personal time off from work

ConsThe company is in financial turmoil, upper management is clueless, lies are abundant and the employee is not valued

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people who actually do the work to keep the company going

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!