Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews in Memphis, TN

Updated Feb 5, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline(in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority(in 9 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Union always keep the upperhand. Hostess allowed some very bad Union contracts.

Delivery Manager (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsFree Cupcakes and always a laid back atmosphere.

ConsShort staffed..always picking up others work.

Bankrupt Company.

Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsUnable to come up with one.

ConsLimited money to spend on repairs

Dictatorial, disrespectful, archaic, good ol'boy managment drove hourlies to the union instead of drawing them away.

Production Manager (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsTo work to improve the culture and make a difference in the management team.

ConsAny improvement attempted is fought at all levels and departments to keep the status quo for fear of raising the bar and possibly the performance expectations.
    Extremely low integrity among management. Very low accountability for those not performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop expecting the same people who put the company in the position it's in to do any different than they've done since years before the last bankruptcy.
    Stop trying to turn the company around with the same people who drove it into the ditch in the first place. It wasn't the union. It was supervision all the way through EVPs that did this.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!