Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

2.6

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn
Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline (in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

in hell just waiting to get out of the fire so life can begin again,at this point anywhere would be better

Current Employee - Line Catcher  in  Emporia, KS
    Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

retirement,and if this was not in the next 5 years I might just shoot myself.But I wouldn't give them the sadisfaction!

Cons

management is made up of lazy people screwing people just to make there jobs easier and to get there friends in jobs that they dont deserve.Working splite days off, odd hours even working the alot of the holidays and always working the weekends unless you are part of the good ol'boy system that management has created.Never being able to go to speical events,take part in school fuctions with your kids because you either have to go to work or get up so early,and friends for get doing anything with them because they have normal jobs. Not one that makes there life so messed up beause every week your days are split and your days off change unless your are part of the good OL'boy club and its only because management can do it and laugh about it for the most part.

you need to come in to the emporia plant and don't just take there word about what they do or don't do, but spend time there find out what they actually do over time then save some money by cutting there payroll and stop cutting jobs or combineing jobs for us the ones that make them look good but keep gettting screwed.

We climbed the mountain and tripped and fell at the top

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Good pay, good benefits compared to most jobs

Cons

long, thankless hours and a very outdated and lazy management unless you call sitting at your desk all day reading and sending e-mails work. Get out a help an rsr with a display once in awhile

The RSR's can't save the company alone. Take part in our effort and we can do this together. You may be able to con Mr. Driscoll but you can't con me. I've been at this over 32 years and know more than most of you, so "rise above the fray" and do something to help.

not bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Good place to work...you control your own income by how hard you work... Great job for a "people person"

Cons

Upper Management has a serious disconnect

Seek advice and listen to street level employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scary, In all of my 27 yrs in route sls, I have never seen a company like this TRYING to give it all away.

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Benifits,and thats only there thanks to Teamsters Union.

Cons

Awefull Management, In the 4-5 years I have been there I have never been told good job, DSM,s and never get out in the market.
    My paycheck has went only down since Ive started, almost back to training pay.
    They are trying now to cut our commisions more.
    Employee Moral is just the worst that I have ever seen

Work with your RSRs from time to time, to see whats going on with your company.
    Ask for feedback from your RSRs on whats selling in there market.
    Check up on your DSMs.

Would not recommend

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Hostess Brands

Pros

A lot of responsibility, depending on your position, supervisor, workload, etc.
    Fun corporate events every once in awhile
    Exposure to several brands

Cons

Run completely by the board (Ripplewood) for a short term financial gain, which means many bad decisions are made that hurt the business overall, but puts money in their pockets in the meantime.
    Very old-school mentalities--not laid back, kind of uptight, and plenty of discrimination

Seek long term goals, keep yourself open to new opportunities rather than just doing things the exact same way you've done them in the past. History will repeat itself if you do the exact same thing that you were doing that got you into bankruptcy in the first place.

Neutral

Current Employee - Always There No Life  in  Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Always There No Life in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

They have good benefits yeah

Cons

money taken out our check without permission couldnt vote non member

Have compassion for others give back what we give to you, give us back our $$

Company doesn't return loyalty

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hostess Brands

Pros

You get payed on a regular basis
    Health benefits

Cons

Good ole boys network
    Management devalues anyone under them
    Refusal to recognize good work
    Does not give raises to mid level management
    Very bad moral among employees and management continues to just move around managers and rehire people known to be bad bosses. They refuse to clean house and get competent management. The get rid of anyone who seems to actually care about employees and the company instead of lining their own pockets.

Clean house. Get rid of Sales Management, Bakery Managemen and almost everyone at Corporate. Make anyone who wants a management job actually work in a bakery and in sales for at least 2 weeks. Get rid of ALL HR employees and hire people that will actually work with employess and management. This will help temper the union issues.

I have been with the company for almost 21 years and in the past five years the company has went down so fast

Current Employee - Shipping  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shipping in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

It is a steady income and provided insurance.

Cons

The new upper management is clueless as to how a bakery should run, Our plant has lost so many good people due to corp, choices.

start compensating your employees for their time. Your management team does not enjoy 70 hours a week with no compensation. you make the bucks so should they!

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!