Hostmark Hospitality

Hostmark Hospitality Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bud Cataldo

Challenging, but you will learn a lot

Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Hostmark Hospitality full-time

ProsChallenging & fast-paced work environment - to me this is a pro. Company provides health benefits plus spacious office setting. It is family managed with a great culture. Colleagues are professional, friendly, and very knowledgeable -- are eager to share their knowledge & experience to help others they work with.

ConsNot easily accessible by public transportation -- commute can be long & frustrating

Difficult but not impossible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hostmark Hospitality full-time for less than a year

ProsHostmark has a team that is very helpful when you need it. They are there to walk through the steps a new employee. They are a challenging company to work for and work with due to the vast array of personalities. There are those people you get along with just fine and there are a select few that are very difficult and rude. However, all in all the experience s a good one to have whether you stay with Hostmark or choose to leave and move forward. It is a set of skills you can carry forward in life.

ConsThe downside to Hostmark is that when you need support they are not readily available. When you expect them to arrive for important dates i.e. meetings there are no responses given back. You are left there to make excuses for them. I think that part of the hospitality experience for employees is that Hostmark shows up for important events even if it is just to be a support system. Asking for items is difficult. No one responds back in a timely manner. It is annoying to get items to fix the hotel in timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of your employees are valuable and each one should be treated with courtesy. When we voice a complaint it should be handled immediately. Do not blind sight anyone. Be honest and upfront and do not wait until the last minute. Rehiring disgruntled employees is a bad move. You will fail if you do so. Fix the hotel. Full renovation is necessary. It will help with business, employee experience and the ultimately the guest experience.

A self-centered GM and crazy budget made the experience painful due to the stress and backstabbing.

Andover, MA

I have been working at Hostmark Hospitality

ProsPay was competitive, benefits OK. There were some hard working people there that did a great job. Renovations were planned, so they were willing to spend money to improve the product.

ConsBudget not realistic resulting in salaried managers working 70+ hours a week. Optimistic sales goals rarely met, so there was never a good time to replace equipment. Difficult to work for someone who can act like Caesar without repercussion. Just a real sour experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more realistic budgets. Do not just focus on profit. Find better GMs.

Knowledgeable company leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hostmark Hospitality

ProsPay and bonus work challenge

ConsIn adequate health benefits for Exec committee/property level employees

Worked for Hostmark Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hostmark Hospitality reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hostmark Hospitality CEO Bud Cataldo. All reviews posted anonymously by Hostmark Hospitality employees.