Hostopia.com

Not yet rated.

Peter Kostandenou

Learning Experience

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsLots of technologies to work with and gain experience with. Cisco, HP, NetApp, VMWare to name a few. Very relaxed atmosphere when all is going well or not a lot of workload.

ConsNo training what so ever. Bad professional culture with a "figure it out mentality" when things in IT should be more standardized and stable. Unrealistic expectations from management at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to re-focus and recommit to training their new employees professionally and not just tell them to search for solutions in the internet. The company invests millions in technology and systems why not invest a mere few thousands for professional training? The return of investment will create more stability in the IT Department and more employee retention. Also, pay market value for your IT employees. System Administrators here are being paid way below market value and for the work they're expected to do. These are the main reason why there is so much turnover in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami IT Department. Fix these things and you will have higher retention and committed professionals.

This is a very disorganized company.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat people, decent atmosphere, lots of different systems. Friendly. If you're looking for experience, and willing to put up with some disorganization, look no further.

ConsVery disorganized company. Management seems very green.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Deluxe: Pay closer attention.

Low pay, mediocre benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFlexibility, respect, faith in employees

Consthe pay is not competitive at all, the health benefits are mediocre at best, the working conditions are quite lacking.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

unfriendly environment along with sad compensation

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFlexible work hours. No one really keeps track of when you come and go, as long as you get the work done they are relatively satisfied, but rarely will they reward (verbally or financially) for the things you do. In order to get recognized in this company you need to voice what you do or no one will ever notice.

ConsManagement is very poor. They do not care about their employees. This reflects in how the employees treat their customers also. There are no rewards here and the salary/pay is very poor. Tech support/Customer Support agents make as much as their programmers/systems administrators (in that they both make little to nothing). They actually make more when you factor in the amount of overtime put in by the latter.

Advice to Senior ManagementProve a better financial package for those that do a lot of work. Reward people when they do something that betters the overall environment/goals of the company. Do not be so anal about everything and learn to communicate in a friendly manner so that those around you will want to communicate back.

Horrible place to work

Technology (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsA few Talented people, some opportunities to learn

Conslack of management and visibility, 90% of employees do nothing the other 10% doing all the job

Advice to Senior Managementopen their eyes and see what is going on and prevent the ship from sinking

A A complete mess. It's a wonder they lasted this long.

Tier I Technical Support (Former Employee) Miramichi, NB (Canada)

ProsDecent wage, steady hours
    Great co-workers

ConsPoor management
    Provided work tools are ancient

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability. Managers don't even know their own job. If I am to be told what I am supposed to do, I expect them to know as well. Also, stop being cowards and grow up.

Great Dynamic place to work out

ProsVery fast paced. Very challenging. Very rewarding for hardworking individuals.

ConsWork life balance can be a little unbalanced at times.

Horrible ZOO..without any rules or Discipline..funny animals running management

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsIf you are exhausted of working in general... join Hostopia...get a lot of rest and then move On!
    Very Sr.Title comes without any effort - if you are a manager elsewhere..here you will easily get a VP title! But if you are a VP at Hostopia...hard to get even a decent job outside.

ConsIf you choose to perform, there is no recognition. Do not expect anything more than Jungle rules! No career growth opportunity! Very low aptitude or skill levels overall of the Sr. mgmt team. No structure, no organizational skills. Overall, too dull an environment to work for and a thankless management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDELUXE - wake-up - Pay Attention....all Hostopia Sr. mgmt are running like chickens without heads...all the time!

Non-experienced, under-skilled Sr. Mgmt team (University drop-outs with incomplete degrees) and super high ego to listen to anyone at the middle management.

Most of the Sr.mgmt should be sent back to school...to get some knowledge of the outside world and to acquire some skills. They have been too stagnant sitting at the same place for years together.

Lots of Opportunity

Director (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsDynamic, energetic environment. Always somehting new

ConsSuffers from heavy top down management

Horrible pay, lack of growth opportunities

(Former Employee)

ProsGreat people.
    Company tries hard to have fun social outings to keep up employee morale.

ConsHorrible pay.
    No growth opportunities.
    Upper management often disregards what people in lower positions have to say.
    Using outdated tools to get the job done.
    Suggestions for improvement are never listened to, unless you are in a high position in the company.
    Emphasis is on saving money rather than doing whatever it takes to ensure customer satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to listen to what other people in positions lower than you have to say. Listen to suggestions. Try to focus on using the best people and the best tools, to get the best results.

Worked for Hostopia.com? Contribute to the Community!