Hot Dog on a Stick Reviews

3.6

Dan Smith

Cares About Their Employees

I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick

Pros

HDOS cares so much for their employees. There are so many recognition programs to reward each employee. They offer great benefits for part time and full time employees. You also receive stock which is nice.

Cons

There really isn't a such thing as full time here. Even as a manager I hardly ever worked 40 hours.

Doggone Awesome

Former Employee - Weiner Attendant  in  Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Weiner Attendant in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free weiners. Great uniforms. Proximity to wonderful shops.

Cons

Free weiners. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Yes.

Mix in a bun every once in a while.

Great food

I have been working at Hot Dog on a Stick

Pros

Food is just divine. You won't find hotdogs like ours anywhere else. Also In addition we have some dang good lemonade which is tots delish

Cons

Things are really expensive. There was a Dairy Queen across us that nearly ran us out of business because the hot dogs were a dollar cheaper there.

The uniforms are ridiculous

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved it

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hot Dog on a Stick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company! Lot's of incentives and room to move up

Cons

The uniforms aren't the greatest!

Keep doing what your doing!

Such a great experience

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HDOS Enterprises' corporate team is compiled of a small group of hard-working individuals who have a passion for their company and its employees. There are growth opportunities for anyone willing to work hard, and working the storefront is a great experience; not only to prepare the best lemonade and food, but to build on your leadership and customer service skills.

Cons

Managers carry a heavier task load than ever before, with less direct support due to recent organizational changes within the business.

You are wonderful; when the time is right to expand business structure, district managers would significantly aid in store and regional communication and efficiency. Motivation would improve with clearer role clarity as well as one on one training with managers.

We were a family:) It was my first job ever and it was my best job ever. We always had fun and people enjoyed us.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Hot Dog on a Stick part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great bosses, great coworkers both unique in their own quirky ways. Holiday dinners and gatherings when we could. great opportunities. great benefits that not only please your stomach but your wallet as well:)

Cons

I've never had one bad thing to say about it:)

keep on doing what youre doing:)

Post high school and college I'm still telling people this was my favorite job!

Former Employee - Manager  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was lucky enough to have a district manager who lived and breathed the founder's (Dave) mission and vision. Great company culture. The employees are what it's all about. I met my lifelong best friends working at this company. Great growth opportunities. I managed my own location for my whole college career. You will gain skills here that will carry on into future career opportunities. Hands down the best job you could have while going to school.

Cons

You will work alone. Decline in mall traffic has hit this company hard over the last 5 years and the first things to go were compensation benefits, bonuses, etc. Strict labor control means you work alone, even if it's busy enough to have multiple people working. It's a physical job! You are on your feet for hours, making lemonade every 1.5 hours, batter every hour, cleaning, cooking, being nice to customers, etc. It's amazing how the company is able to keep a low turnover despite these things.

I think management has done a good job over the last 5 years of cutting unnecessary positions that were grandfathered down from Dave. My only advice would be to find a solution for employees to not feel like they are taking the hits of the poor sales by cutting all of the benefits and pay.

Assistant manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick part-time for more than a year

Pros

Two free food items every time you come in.

Cons

The uniforms are horrible!You can't move up in this company (in Vegas) unless the manager from the Galleria Mall like you..One of the company's values is teamwork.. there's obviously no teamwork when you work by yourself for every shift especially when it's super busy.. They expect you to take 10 minute breaks (even if you work an 8 hour shift) which is definitely illegal..Management is a mess, they'll write you up for the dumbest things then they'll do the exact same thing a week later.. The people in this company give you so much work to do in so little time and expect you to clock out and keep working.. Everybody in higher management is getting laid off and stores are closing and they just filed for bankruptcy so who knows how long the company is going to be around for..

Pay your employees more and actually treat people like human beings!

Manager

I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick

Pros

Great job if you're in school; they're very flexible with your class schedule. Easy to move up. You get to have two items from the menu for free every shift you work, which sounds awesome, but it gets old really quick.

Cons

You work alone 99% of the time while doing the work of 3 people and only get paid slightly above minimum unless you're a manager. You rarely get you 10 minute break, and are not allowed to accept tips even when customers offer them. They've been laying off people in corporate and closing stores left and right, so who knows how long they'll be around?

Pay your employees more if you're going to have 1 person do the work of 3, let people accept tips for their hard work, allow two people to work together at all times, working alone is depressing.

My experience has been overwhelmingly great!

Current Employee - Upper Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Upper Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hot Dog on a Stick full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The family culture. Everyone truly cares about each other and supports one another.

Cons

Not enough room for growth.

More opportunities would be great.

Worked for Hot Dog on a Stick? Contribute to the Community!