Hotcards

Columbus Woodruff II

Used to be great!

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hotcards full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat story! Former owner Columbus Woodruff was cutting edge and inspirational. He made every employee feel important.

The company was a Union Print shop so the benefits and pay is good. They also bought lunch for entire company every Friday.

ConsThe original owner sold the company in 2013 and things changed immediately! New owners, less focus on employees, less focus on customers. New ownership got rid if entire production staff and brought in their own team.

Need to go back to the employee focused company they used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring it back to they way it was!

Fun place to work

General Labor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hotcards

ProsThey buy us lunch every Friday!, not some cheap food either, always great quality food.
We stay real busy so the days go by very fast. They even agreed to give us all raises on the last union contract, pretty impressive in this economy.

ConsProduction area is a little small for the amount of work we do, they should consider expanding the building, or renting another place nearby.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement tends to kind of let the place run itself which works, but it shouldn't be so laid back about everything, some employees tend to take advantage of this and abuse it.

Its a union shop.

I have been working at Hotcards

ProsThe owner is a cutting edge type of person who is aware of current trends and has a great business sense.

ConsNot all in management possess true leadership qualities required for a productive environment which has led to animosity among the production employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCertain members of management should be properly assessed for their abilities to be effective in their job duties in regards to managing others.

Worked for Hotcards? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hotcards reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hotcards CEO Columbus Woodruff II . All reviews posted anonymously by Hotcards employees.