Hotel State College & Company

Add Photos

Fun job while in school

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) State College, PA

ProsFun, interesting coworkers
    Hours that work with classes
    Opportunity to make a decent amount of money
    New management that is trying to do better things for the company
    It's an overall good time

ConsGets really busy full of college students that don't always tip
    Late hours- but that's expected at a bar

fun place to work!

Server (Former Employee) State College, PA

Prossuper friendly employees, can make great tips if you work hard, fun and busy environment, you meet so many people and make bank on football weekends

Conskind of immature environment--very gossipy; it's hard to move up, if that's your goal; the same bartenders have been working there for years; management and employees are super friendly and it's easy to trade shifts around to fit your schedule

Best place to make money during Football season, but you better be ready to handle the many rude/drunk football fans.

Server (Former Employee) State College, PA

ProsGet into pickles, indigo, and Zenos, no line, no cover! Make great tips, averaged about $2,000 a month serving. The staff really becomes your family, I still miss the environment and everyone I used to work with. Management isn't all that bad, better than most places in state college, you just have to know how to manipulate them.

ConsWork every weekend. You work your butt off no matter what day of the week it is. It is very hard on your feet and back. Because it is in a college town, your shifts vary every week. You may need to work doubles. The uniforms suck!

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the uniforms to black pants!!! And get shirts that look good on girls rather than those ugly polos .. You would make so much more money. Look at the uniforms for Applebees. And I think KZ should continue the schedule .. he listens AND remembers. Ketchup on the tables!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good money

Bartender (Current Employee) State College, PA

ProsBartender at number one party school in the country. Never a slow night.

ConsSometimes it can be hard to deal with how drunk people get.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have any advice. I think it is a great company.

Fast pace learning experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly employees, managers and atmosphere.
    Fun and room for growth if you like what you do and are good at.

ConsRaises and bonuses are too hard to come by.
    Head Owner/Operator/Manager should treat and acknowledge employees/managers with more respect and praise.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities for employees and managers in terms of bonuses and raises while also boosting their moral.

Worked for Hotel State College & Company? Contribute to the Community!