Hotelplanner.com

Love what I do!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great communication amongst fellow employees. Feels like a family and less like a job. Wonderful benefits and everyone treats one another with respect. Dedicated employees with the same vision.

Cons

The only challenge is trying not too have too much fun doing work that matters and surrounded by employees that are just as driven and dedicated.

Keep being effective leaders who value opinions and have an open communication with their employees. No one is treated less than another.

Excellent Work Environment

Current Employee - Customer Service in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As an employee you are treated as a company partner. Your opinion matters, management is great, they try to accommodate their employees request. Similar to a family the hotel planner staff is like a tight net family. I have been with the company a little over two years and they really care about the customer. Each agent goes out of their way to help their guest have a smooth experience at the hotel.

Cons

The pros certainly out weigh the cons, however I would say the most tedious aspect for hotel planner employees is the unsteady schedule they have at the call center. You can be given a shift anytime from 7am to 10pm on seven days of the week which makes it hard for you to have a life.

Hire a part time crew for weekends and the graveyard shift so that employees with seniority can have a break. I would also suggest to promote within.

Couldn't ask for better work environment!

Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a software developer, I value quality and high standards. Too many companies that I’ve worked for in the past were willing to accept mediocre work, or couldn’t tell the difference. HotelPlanner has a commitment to excellence, and hires only extremely competent engineers. They give you the time to perfect the product you’re creating. They also give you a wide range of responsibilities without micromanaging your work. I have been happy with the work, the management, the culture, and the compensation. I believe HotelPlanner has the potential to be huge, and own the group/meeting space. Oh, and don’t forget the offices that overlook the ocean! That’s a far cry from the cubicle world I left behind.

Cons

I wish they gave stock options! That’s the only advantage working for a start-up has over working for a private company.

Keep up the awesome work you are doing.

No glass ceiling

Current Employee - Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I distinctly remember in my interview hearing “I will work for this company until they will not let me come in anymore”. I completely understand the logic now, and it is very nice to have found a place, doing what I love, without a glass ceiling.

Cons

This job is lost on someone who settles for mediocre.
    The positive results are unlimited, and are best sought after by a go-getter.

Hire more ambitious, experienced planners to the stellar team already set in place.

I Have Been Working with HotelPlanner for Nine Months

Current Employee - Regional Product Director
    Current Employee - Regional Product Director

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a growing company with so much potential and momentum. This leads to many good things. I also like that everyday is different. Yes, there are some situations that are repetitive, but you have enough to do that you can break it [workload] up.

I am excited to see where this company will go in the next few years. The entire team is definitely forward-thinking.

Cons

With any growing (and highly successful) company, there are going to be growing pains, and the workload can seem very overwhelming at times. However, you learn to balance it pretty well. I would say give yourself six months to adjust.

None at this time, but they are not afraid to ask for suggestions. Therefore, just keep doing what you are doing.

Wonderful company with unlimited potential for motivated employees.

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All of the executives are excellent, responsive and supportive. The growth has been phenomenal in my almost 2 years with the company and I am extremely happy. HotelPlanner.com offers more flexibility and executive interaction/support than any company I have ever been with. Earning potential is unlimited for motivated employees and you get full support of the Executive Team to grow your market and exclusive affiliate clients.

Cons

The workload can be challenging at times, however individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive at HotelPlanner.com.

Great job and thank you for all that you do to create a wonderful culture at HotelPlanner.com.

Awesome Company Culture

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with HotelPlanner.com has been a great experience. I have watched the company grow during the past few years and being a part of the expansion, work ethic of upper management, and overall values of the company has been a fulfilling experience. As a product manager, you're offered a salary, unlimited commission potential, and a monthly bonus structure. Having the support and trust of the upper management team to perform your job without micromanaging is very refreshing. The corporate structure is very flat and feedback and involvement of employees is always encouraged.

Cons

You must be self motivated. You are not micromanaged at this job so it's up to you to stay on task and keep productivity high.

Keep communication up, with a global team sometimes it's tough to keep everyone in the loop with company news and developments.

Regional Product Director

Current Employee - Regional Product Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Product Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

During the course of my career in the hotel industry, I have had the opportunity to work with some great teams, and some not so great teams. My philosophy has always been "I have my external customers (clients) and I have my internal customers (staff). Teamwork is invaluable in the success of a company, and it establishes empowerment, appreciation and the desire to work harder. HotelPlanner's team oriented environment is supreme. I have been respected, appreciated and praised for my efforts. I work very hard, am responsible for many aspects of bringing business to the table, and the support through staff attitude and energy encourages me to work harder to support this winning team. Training is very good and thorough for the most part. Salary, commissions, bonus program is fair and can be very lucrative.

It is truly exciting to be a part of a growing company who is making history in the travel industry. I look forward to growing with the company and becoming an influential part of it's future.

Cons

Working in a remote environment can be a little isolating from time to time. The technical platform for large account sales/capabilities could be improved upon to ensure utmost understanding and professionalism to clients. Due to high volume/demand of business, assistance is minimally available.

Top 3 Recommendations: 1) Include more thorough training for large group sales,for assistance to Regional capabilities and implementation. 2) Utilize support staff for administrative efforts to provide Regional's additional time to develop/increase strategic client relationships and increase company revenues/market share within their territory. 3) Keep doing what you're doing!

Hotel Planner has been a challenging yet rewarding opportunity.

Current Employee - Regional Product Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Product Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It provides you to be entrepreneurial with worldwide company support behind you. Also, allows you to stay on the forefront of travel technology.

Cons

You must be a self starter and motivated. At times the hours can be very long. You must be willing to work hard today for commission that will be paid at a later date.

Great Small/Large company!

Current Employee - Regional Product Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Product Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hotelplanner.com is a fast growing .com company, which has now expanded internationally. It is a great company to work for and offers positions which will give you the opportunity to expand your service/sales skills. I like to describe it as a small/big company. Small because you can get answers quickly, without going through a lot of layers, large because of the continued expansion within the company and customer usage. This growth has created the opportunity to add more staffing, throughout the world. Initial training is conducted over a 2 week period, but you learn by doing and can ask as many questions as you would like to assist you while working with customers. If you are customer and service focused, have the discipline and the drive to work on your own, this is the company for you.

Cons

As I mentioned earlier it is a fast growing company with new users and partners being added every day. Emails are the hardest thing to keep up, but they get done.

Continue laying the foundation for a great company. Expansion of international growth, customer base, training and development will aide the team in growth opportunities and providing superior service to our hotel and travelling customers.

Hotelplanner.com Photos

WTM Travel Mart
Company logo on the office wall

+ Add Photo