Hotelplanner.com Reviews

Tim Hentschel

1. Innovative, Casual and Modern

Current Employee - General Planner in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - General Planner in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com

Pros

If you are a motivated sales person and can keep up the pace you'll do great with this RAPIDLY growing company. I started as an Intern and moved up in the company in less than a year. This innovative idea has taken over the market for booking group business; our competitors aren't even in the same realm. This is the type of sales job where you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work hard every day, but you still feel like you’re in a casual environment. Fellow employees are so helpful, and are always accessible to answer any questions. This great team of sales associates is empowering and strongly motivated for success, it feels great to be part of the crew! This a work hard/play hard company with a bunch of great perks.

Cons

The overload of calls and emails isn't for the slow paced individual...but really..the hardest part of job is resisting the free food. Pay could be better for a starting salary in a planner position.

Hire someone to answer all general calls

2. A future so bright this company has got to wear shades..

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In a day and age when company's are downsizing, reducing staff and all the other cut backs it's a blessing to work for a company that is not only growing at light speed but truly cares about its employees. In my career as an engineer I've had the opportunity to work for some good company's but now I'm working for a truly, GREAT company! What the founders have grown this company into without outside funding is truly remarkable and a testament to their commitment, perseverance and ability to quickly adapt to changing market trends. You feel like you are part of something here, that what you do directly makes a difference, that you are part of a family and not just a number. And I for one wouldn't be putting in the 12 and 14 hr days (by my own choice) if I felt like a number or didn't enjoy the work.

Cons

Cons? Well I guess the free lunch every day (WPB office) could be a con if you are one that is trying to watch your caloric intake lol. Or perhaps you are someone that likes doing non-challenging, repetitive and mundane tasks every day? Then I guess getting to work on a variety of new, fun and challenging projects could be a con. But seriously I don't see any cons.

Ring... ring.. Hello? Yes he's here, hold on while I transfer you.. Hey boss, line 2 it's the Smithsonian calling seems you have the last remaining copy of HomeSite known to man and they would like to purchase it for a 1990's exhibit they are creating. ;)

3. Love what I do!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great communication amongst fellow employees. Feels like a family and less like a job. Wonderful benefits and everyone treats one another with respect. Dedicated employees with the same vision.

Cons

The only challenge is trying not too have too much fun doing work that matters and surrounded by employees that are just as driven and dedicated.

Keep being effective leaders who value opinions and have an open communication with their employees. No one is treated less than another.

5. Excellent Work Environment

Current Employee - Customer Service in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As an employee you are treated as a company partner. Your opinion matters, management is great, they try to accommodate their employees request. Similar to a family the hotel planner staff is like a tight net family. I have been with the company a little over two years and they really care about the customer. Each agent goes out of their way to help their guest have a smooth experience at the hotel.

Cons

The pros certainly out weigh the cons, however I would say the most tedious aspect for hotel planner employees is the unsteady schedule they have at the call center. You can be given a shift anytime from 7am to 10pm on seven days of the week which makes it hard for you to have a life.

Hire a part time crew for weekends and the graveyard shift so that employees with seniority can have a break. I would also suggest to promote within.

6. OMG Best Company ever!

Current Employee - Group Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Group Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hi! No one can book it better than the pros for one! Hotelplanner is an awesome company to work for for many reasons. We are a team and work together to provide excellent service and therefore have happy customers who appreciate and love the service we provide. And when the customer is happy everyone is happy! That's the main reason I love working for this company but there are many others such as flexible hours, the comfort of working from home some days, commission incentives, holidays off, pleasant management, casual dress work environment, expectations to do your best which results in self gratification, awesome location overlooking the inner coastal, and many more! I just love being on the journey with my company and watching it grow and knowing I've had a small part in it all. So when you've tried the rest try the best at Hotelplanner.com!

Cons

I wish that we had basketball courts in the office! Other than that I can't think of any.

Be the best defeat the rest! Glad to be on the winning team.

7. Couldn't ask for better work environment!

Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a software developer, I value quality and high standards. Too many companies that I’ve worked for in the past were willing to accept mediocre work, or couldn’t tell the difference. HotelPlanner has a commitment to excellence, and hires only extremely competent engineers. They give you the time to perfect the product you’re creating. They also give you a wide range of responsibilities without micromanaging your work. I have been happy with the work, the management, the culture, and the compensation. I believe HotelPlanner has the potential to be huge, and own the group/meeting space. Oh, and don’t forget the offices that overlook the ocean! That’s a far cry from the cubicle world I left behind.

Cons

I wish they gave stock options! That’s the only advantage working for a start-up has over working for a private company.

Keep up the awesome work you are doing.

8. No glass ceiling

Current Employee - Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I distinctly remember in my interview hearing “I will work for this company until they will not let me come in anymore”. I completely understand the logic now, and it is very nice to have found a place, doing what I love, without a glass ceiling.

Cons

This job is lost on someone who settles for mediocre.
    The positive results are unlimited, and are best sought after by a go-getter.

Hire more ambitious, experienced planners to the stellar team already set in place.

9. I Have Been Working with HotelPlanner for Nine Months

Current Employee - Regional Product Director
    Current Employee - Regional Product Director

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a growing company with so much potential and momentum. This leads to many good things. I also like that everyday is different. Yes, there are some situations that are repetitive, but you have enough to do that you can break it [workload] up.

I am excited to see where this company will go in the next few years. The entire team is definitely forward-thinking.

Cons

With any growing (and highly successful) company, there are going to be growing pains, and the workload can seem very overwhelming at times. However, you learn to balance it pretty well. I would say give yourself six months to adjust.

None at this time, but they are not afraid to ask for suggestions. Therefore, just keep doing what you are doing.

10. Wonderful company with unlimited potential for motivated employees.

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All of the executives are excellent, responsive and supportive. The growth has been phenomenal in my almost 2 years with the company and I am extremely happy. HotelPlanner.com offers more flexibility and executive interaction/support than any company I have ever been with. Earning potential is unlimited for motivated employees and you get full support of the Executive Team to grow your market and exclusive affiliate clients.

Cons

The workload can be challenging at times, however individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive at HotelPlanner.com.

Great job and thank you for all that you do to create a wonderful culture at HotelPlanner.com.

11. Awesome Company Culture

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with HotelPlanner.com has been a great experience. I have watched the company grow during the past few years and being a part of the expansion, work ethic of upper management, and overall values of the company has been a fulfilling experience. As a product manager, you're offered a salary, unlimited commission potential, and a monthly bonus structure. Having the support and trust of the upper management team to perform your job without micromanaging is very refreshing. The corporate structure is very flat and feedback and involvement of employees is always encouraged.

Cons

You must be self motivated. You are not micromanaged at this job so it's up to you to stay on task and keep productivity high.

Keep communication up, with a global team sometimes it's tough to keep everyone in the loop with company news and developments.

Hotelplanner.com Photos

WTM Travel Mart
Company logo on the office wall

+ Add Photo