Hotels at Home

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Micromanagement to a fault!

ProsSmall company so there's a lot you can do.

ConsCan't do anything unless the owners say it's ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees a liltle. You're not the only smart people to work here.

Worse Career Move !

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe staff members- non management

ConsMicro management at it's best! Upper management constantly jumping in where they have no knowledge and take over your accounts when it suits them. No communication skills what so ever. Employees are not informed of decisions that affect them. Only certain people are told. Everything seems to be a secret. No promotions exist in this company. You are hired at a certain pay rate and position and will NEVER see a raise in your life. Management never has anything nice to say about your performance. However, if a mistake is made or there is an issue they are certain to harp on it and EVERYONE knows about it. Not one upper management offers to teach you or train you. They will verbally abuse you by calling you stupid or similar. Call center staff verbally abused and told they are lucky to have a job and there are hidden cameras in the ceiling by CSR's. They are monitored via computer in upper management office and if they do not cross their t's and dot the i's appropriately they are sent into office to be told off. Owners do not trust anyone. I would not be surprised if there are cameras or hidden mikes in the bathrooms. One upper management gets to practice putting golf balls behind closed doors and watches the stock market to see how much his money is making because he is part owner. Turn over is very high. Running joke is that no one wants to know your name until you made it past 3 months .NEGATIVE working atmosphere from most staff members. Speak to anyone and they will say that they are looking for another job. The list can go on. I made a mistake coming to this company. After 3 months I should have left. I have worked in the corporate world and this is far from professional .There is a reason why this company is a small company and will always be that way.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need an HR dept. You do not have any company holiday/ vacation lists- staff needs to ask if they get it off. There is no policy manual. Rule only apply to some- not all There is no training - provide it out of your pocket. Stop worrying about the almighty dollar. Expecting staff members to take over the slack in a department they are not qualified for is very unfair. We were hired to do one thing and we are expected to be involved in multiple departments including the warehouse and unloading trucks. Very unfair.

Worked for Hotels at Home? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hotels at Home reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Hotels at Home employees.