Hotels.com Reviews

1. Very Gratifing

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hotels.com

Pros

Great people, great work place

Cons

Needs to filter new affliates better

Advice to Management

when systems go down, they need to explain better

Waited my whole career for a job like this

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive compensation Generous benefits/vacation/employee perks Open-door policy with senior management Culture that acknowledges and rewards people who deliver results Team-building activities HR involvement to act on areas of improvement as pointed out by employees

Cons

The departments are very separate in nature--meaning the peachy culture of one department doesn't necessarily spill over to others in the company which would explain the negative reviews received. Each business unit leader runs their ship differently and whereas some people may feel like the core benefits of the company are good, their quality of life at work is lackluster. Personally, my quality of life at Hotels.com has been nothing short of amazing.

Advice to Management

There should be a universal initiative from leadership to ensure that all business units are offering their employees access to the same quality of life-at-work.

3. Hotels.com

Former Employee - Supervisor in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Arlington, TX

I worked at Hotels.com full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good insurance. Good employee discount program.

Cons

Management is sometimes more company centric.

5. Top 50 companies to work for....

Current Employee - Technical Operations in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Operations in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, Culture, career advancement & good work/life balance

Cons

None. Can't think of any cons as so far the experience is very positive.

Fun, innovative, fast paced and great offices!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hotels.com in Dallas is a great place to work. It is a fast paced, fun, energetic, collaborative environment. I think the last two reviews written were by a few disgruntled employees on the search team, who were recently (more or less) pushed out of the org. Hotels.com isn't perfect, but I'd say it's a great place to work. Also, there are reviews that seem to be left here from the call center team in Springfield, which is a different organization than the hotels.com team in Dallas, so I'd read those separately. The pros: - Great new office space; open lay-out, travel themed conference rooms and decor, games such as ping-pong, x-box etc, free drinks... - Free perks- not sure why someone wrote these are going away in 2014. I haven't heard anything about that. We have free weekly lunches, in-office happy hours, free fruit, free drinks etc. I guess one con is that sometimes it does feel like people start to take this for granted and will complain if we don't have lunch one week for whatever reason. That can be annoying to be around. - It's a laid back environment- you can wear pretty much whatever you want and people keep flexible hours if they need to come in early or leave early, there is no standard work-day. - Of course, working in the online travel space is fun. It is fast moving and, if you like travel, the perfect place to combine something you like to do personally, with work. - Leadership is open and seeks feedback and input from others. They try hard to build a collaborative environment by planning team events, team building etc. - Generally the team is passionate, hard-working and fun. There are a few people who are downers but overall, it's a good team to work with.

Cons

Like I said, Hotels.com is not perfect but having worked at many other places, I think it's not far off. Cons are: - Much of the overall leadership is out of the London office, which means people in Dallas can sometimes feel cut out of the decision making process or uninformed when decisions are made - The area around the office (highways) are always under construction! Makes traffic bad. - Not enough technology (such as video conferencing) for an office who has to constantly interact with other global offices

Advice to Management

Move more quickly on building a strong team; handful of lazy/negative people hanging around can sometimes bring down the general environment. Continue to be transparent in communications and foster a positive team environment. Help us stay connected to the London office. Make career paths for those in Dallas more clear.

7. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Travel benefits, a lot of vacation time. positive environment.

Cons

I don't have any cons about working here.

8. Great money, and positive work environment.

Current Employee - Hotel Sales in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Hotel Sales in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hotels.com

Pros

Honestly, I love my job. I look forward to going to work everyday. The pay is fantastic, and I have never missed commission. I make a lot more than minimum wage. For anyone who wants to work here, my advice to you is to not get into sales unless it is for you. Sales are stressful (I am sure this is a proven fact somehow.) I am honest to every costumer I encounter even if I think it will cost me a sale. I enjoy working for a company that backs me up on that. I am very proud to work for the company I work for. Hotels.com in Springfield, Mo is a fantastic company.

Cons

The only downside I have had so far is requesting off days and sometimes not getting them, but when you are given a month of paid vacation a year, can you really complain?

Advice to Management

I would say to make supervisors have the same attendance rules as regular employees. It is hard to enforce someone to follow the rules if you are following them yourself.

9. lodging support agent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time

Pros

Good opportunity for advanced career, fun environment, open to ideas

Cons

Can't move to upper level unless you spend 6 month in current position

Director

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hotels.com (owned by Expedia), is the most employee centric company I've ever worked for. The company is characterized by a fast but reasonable pace, nimble decision making, and a happy, productive work environment. No one is hung up on titles or org charts. Everyone is approachable and focused on common goals. Creativity is encouraged. Expedia values are driven from the top down and the company is very well run.

Cons

No company is perfect. Though there is nothing that I can think of that rises to the level of a con. The Dallas office is one of the smaller Expedia offices (400 - 500). If you are a upwardly mobile professional, you may have to consider a move to Bellevue, Washington or London, England.

11. A highly talented environment, yet lacking egos.

I have been working at Hotels.com

Pros

Supportive Fun Relaxed, yet hard-working Great environment (the best I've worked in) Talented colleagues. Friendly. Opportunity to make stuff better.

Cons

Not joining sooner Job can be slightly frustrating if you're under a bit of pressure to deliver, as technically, it's not perfect.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your staff. Wipe the slate clean with some of your older tech - be creative when going about how to solve these problems - it will inspire, motivate and enable your tech employees to strengthen the company's competitiveness by delivering even more rapidly those customer experience improvements. Give tech staff more down-time to innovate, and give them real business challenges to figure out. The support and infrastructure is there, but the time each tech employee is allocated less than 3%. Contrast that with Google's 20%. You guys have the talent there, and they're waiting to be tapped in to.... and when the lights go on, you'll be amazed.

RSS Feed </> Embed