Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

www.hmhco.com

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Reviews in Rolling Meadows, IL

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt President & CEO Linda K. Zecher

Linda K. Zecher

Pros
  • GREAT work life balance, if you are looking for a strict 9-5 this is the place (in 13 reviews)

• I get to work from home and I love it (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management are pretty much clueless (in 30 reviews)

• There hasn't been any support from upper management (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights
3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very rewarding

Manager (Current Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsThis company is built on the principles of making life better for its employees and customers.

ConsImpementing new business and rolling out new products.

What once was, is now lost

Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsThe friendly helpful people in the company that work as a company. The original Riverside mentality.

ConsNew management changed things and made it where we have separate departments for things we used to do in one and the communication is lost and no one has a clear handle of the new process therefore causing more problems and unnecessary stress. The pay is based on who you know and not what you know. I bring a lot of talent and expertise however am not paid fairly and have complained I get the usual BS and you get the same lie that "you make more than the average joe". Then I decided to present some findings that were left at the copy machine and found that my male Caucasian co worker with the same title and who took my old job makes 162% more than I make and my predecessor makes 183% more - why is that right. Because I am a female.

20 years behind, but faking it for now!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsEasy to hide and stay under the radar; once accepted you can spend decades doing very little.

ConsIt's a bunch of ex-principals, ex-psychologists, ex-teachers and ex-counselors pretending to be forward thinking technology innovators....filing for bankruptcy seems just about right!

Advice to Senior ManagementPretend you care a bit more; everyone is in a mode or protecting their current position and willing to do very little positive.

Worked for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt? Contribute to the Community!