Houston Marketing Firm

Jonathan Wurster

Lessons

Former Employee - Account Manager/Internship  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Internship in Houston, TX

Pros

I really enjoyed the ability to be able to work hand in hand with the client and build relationships with them and the clients customer base. I came over from the UK to spend the summer here with friends and got this internship unfortunately summer was over and I needed to return to the university back home. The structured training and daily coaching will help advance me once I graduate next year.

Cons

It requires a lot of hours of hard work

I hope to maybe have an opportunity to comeback as a full time employee not intern.

long pay long hours

Pros

fun environment and people to work with

Cons

long hours, lots of driving, commission based

A lot of hype for what isn't a great opportunity

Pros

The opportunity they talk about exists if you are willing to work incredibly hard and catch a lot of breaks. The people at the top all started in the same position as you. People here are incredibly enthusiastic about their jobs and the company.

Cons

This is a door-to-door sales firm. You will spend six days a week (11:30am-9pm M-F, 10am-5pm S) selling AT&T U-Verse subscriptions door to door.

This is an affiliate office of Cydcor. The "owner" of the company is a glorified middle manager.

The odds of making it to the top, or even making the $100K a year they promise will be yours soon, are longer than they let on. Incredibly high turnover make it difficult if not impossible to build your own organization.

Compensation is entirely commission based. If you aren't selling, then you aren't getting paid. I barely made enough money to pay for gas and lunch each day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Paced Career!

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Executive  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Executive in Houston, TX

Pros

fun people to work with, fast paced environment, great sales skills training, always staying busy

Cons

long hours, restricted benefits in the entry level

More team evaluations, solicit more feedback from team on a consistent basis

Cross training in fast paced office

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Never a dull moment, great for people who have had jobs where they had to "find things to do". The personal hands on development is great, but not suffocating. The management here gives me the tools then gets the heck out of my way, I personally like that, hate to be micromanaged. Advancement is very fast, but only for those who earn, this is an anti-seniority company.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times, tons of cross training can be a bit stressful at times. For people that aren't comfortable making decisions, being put in charge of groups or public speaking, this is probably not the best fit.

Set up another trip to Schlitterbahn, that last one was a blast!!!

Unlimited Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Management Training Position  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management Training Position in Houston, TX

Pros

I am proud to work with HMF because the office is a professional and fun environment. We get to represent a corporate client while learning the “how and why’s” behind becoming a manager for them. HMF truly cares about each and every persons opportunity and growth here. This is a great place for young professionals to gain career experience. I have learned more here about running my own business then I did when I had a small painting business of my own in south Florida.

Cons

Learning how to do something from the ground up in entry level is frustrating sometimes but more rewarding in the long run. I started in entry level just like the president of HMF did and am now in a corporate training position learning valuable management skills.

Address some situations more proactively.

Hands on training is the best

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

Pros

Getting a ton of training and experience here. I really had no professional experience before starting work here. Only worked in restaurants waiting tables in college and did some retail in between, nothing I would call a career. It's nice to see how some of the things I learned in college translate to the "real world". Very social office environment, most of my coworkers are younger and energetic. Already been on a business trip to Dallas, and have another one coming up this summer going to New Orleans, I like to travel and get out of town, so this is a big bonus for me.

Cons

The initial training is very fast paced and heavily front loaded, I was a little overwhelmed at the beginning, took me a couple weeks to find my stride. Limited benefits at the beginning.

Want to get out of town more, book more trips for us:)

Wonderful Career Opportunity

Pros

I came to Houston Marketing Firm looking for a career. I was tired of dead-end jobs, getting nowhere no matter how hard you worked, no appreciation or reward. I wanted to try something new and exciting. I got what I was looking for. I love the office, it is professional, yet fun. There are a lot of bonuses. The employees are more like family than merely co-workers. Houston Marketing Firm is a wonderful opportunity. I have definitely found a permanent career here.

Cons

It is a longer work week than I am accustomed to. I have had to adjust my schedule a lot. Other than that, none.

I love that the career advancement opportunities are based on worth rather than seniority. There is no playing favorites. It is quite a refreshing change. Keep up the good work!

Surprisingly fun

Pros

I didn't know what I was in for when I started here but I have to say that its surprisingly fun. I like the people that work here, the boss isn't a jerk ( he's pretty intelligent and funny ) & the day just goes by. I had my doubts but I decided to just go in for an interview, decided to start and I'm glad I did. Very cool place.

Cons

It was difficult to find the office in the beginning, maybe explain the directions better for those people who get lost easily. Also, maybe change the wall color, but all of those things can be fixed.

I like your style of management, it's unique, I would continue using your methods, they are working great.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Houston Marketing Firm has great paid training, exciting advancement opportunities, and best of all a fun and exciting workplace atmosphere. HMF has taught me many valuable business principals and leadership skills and it has been a ton of fun. There is lots of opportunity to travel I have already been to New Orleans, Dallas, Kansas City, Atlanta, Chicago and several other cities. I love working somewhere where my hard work is actually recognized. HMF is a great team to be a part of, it has become like my second family.

Cons

Just wish I had found this job sooner.

Keep up the good work!

Worked for Houston Marketing Firm? Contribute to the Community!