Houston Texas Consulting

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
3.9

Michael Hughes

Great Atmosphere and Energy. Going to work is fun!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a fun, professional, high energy work environment houston texas consulting offers just that. They truly care about their employees and have a very open line of communication between employees and management team. The training they provide is very structured and organized which allows new hires to pick up the material right away and succeed from the very beginning. The company encourages questions from all employees if they have them which makes it a very comfortable learning environment. I highly recommend anyone interested in growing within a company, personally or professionally.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company. They took me in when I had very little experience and developed me into a much more confident, experienced leader.

Doing philanthropic events was a great time and helping build homes with habitat for humanity was great.

Horrible, all lies!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours at monday through friday from 9-5..... thats all i can think of!

Cons

You go around to shady areas of houston and sell att products to small business owners. You basically lie to them and tell them you see them as a customer.... but you have NO reports given to you to show who is a att customer. You are just given an area of houston to go to every morning. Since they have been around for so long the business owners are mostly sick of everyone stopping by offering them something they know is not legitimate. So 95% of the time you will get NO's. They dont tell you up front but it is 100% commission salary!!! You have to trick these poor people to get out of their current contract and go with att. The areas they send you to are sooo scary! There were multiple times when I afraid because of the people in the area that I was subjected to. DO NOT take this position, or go to this interview! HUGE WASTE OF TIME. The office building is nice, but dont let it trick you. You are not working in there, you are driving around constantly to sell att products for commission.

I was offered the position and then told I could not be told what I was going to be paid or if I could receive benefits. They told me to come in and do the new hire paperwork and talk to a manager to find that out.... how can you offer someone a position and not tell them what they are getting paid????? I should have listened to the negative reviews i saw on here, because they are all true!! They are shady upfront and continue to be for the entire time you will be employed. Hopefully for you it will not be long.

Advertising Account Manager

Former Employee - Advertising Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Advertising Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The relationships and partnership happening during my time with the company were awesome. If I ever had a question there were 10 people that could provide me with an answer. The responsibilities I had within the company were extremely new to me and since I didn't have the corporate experience before I was hired, the company was patient while I made some mistakes, however, my leadership and managing skills have grown drastically since my training.

Cons

Not many cons, there are opportunities to learn and grow. It is really what you make of it, but they give you all the training and tools for success.

I really appreciate all the training that I was given and in addition the confidence I have now with public speaking and confidence with powerpoint.

Houston Texas Consulting Response

May 19, 2014HR

The explosive growth and success of Houston Texas Consulting has been accredited to the core values of the company: Entrepreneurship, Community Involvement, Personal Growth

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sketchy & absolute waste of time

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers during training ride alongs were cool for the most part.

Cons

Pay is sketch.
    Outdated technology: Sales orders had to be taken down on paper, requiring an immense amount of time to look up corresponding item numbers in inventory manual, and gather information from business managers. Which diminishes how many potential customers you can meet within a day, limiting employee revenue.
    During pre-employment I was told pay was different than the paperwork they wanted me to sign after employment.
    Business attire required, which is understandable, but kind of ridiculous when a good portion of the sales areas are in the straight up hood.

Streamline your business, by advancing technology.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time

Pros

Houston Texas Consulting is an amazing company to work for. During my time here I learned invaluable skills and lessons on leadership and management. The owner is a great guy to work for. He treats his employees like family and provides a great deal of personal coaching. He is also a great communicator and everyone enjoys listening to his morning meetings which are very inspiring and informative. Some of the lessons I've learned from him will stick with me for a lifetime. Everyone in the office is nice, helpful, and also fun to be around. HTC has an awesome corporate culture and workplace environment that allows employees to learn from each other's successes. Working here will provide you many opportunities to learn and develop your skill sets if you're seeking a career in business.

-Good business culture
    -Potential to make a lot of money
    -Many opportunities for advancement
    -Fast growing company
    -Amazing co-workers

Cons

-Nothing comes to mind as far as cons

Company is header in the right direction.
    Continue to train leaders and develop them into management.

Houston Texas Consulting Response

May 19, 2014HR

Driving results is a constant and never-ending endeavor for Houston Texas Consulting’s Team. Our organization consistently sets customer target goals, develops proper action plans, and measures the ... More

U of H Business Student

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Texas Consulting as an intern for more than a year

Pros

After tearing my quad during my sophomore year of collegiate softball I began focusing on my marketing career and began the interview process for a summer internship. With zero job experience I was worried that finding an internship with a company that could offer me experience and room for advancement would be difficult. I interviewed with many companies, majority of which offered positions that involved standing in retail stores, selling products residentially, and over the phone cold-calls, all of which were techniques that I was not interested in. However, after interviewing with Houston Texas Consulting, I knew that this was the company that I wanted to gain real life experience from.

As I went through the interview process I learned that I would have the ability to be cross-trained by one of the top account managers, learning different sales and marketing methods along with the ability to meet and consult with corporate businesses in the Houston area. Not only did I receive great compensation during my internship but I was also able to build strong relationships with fellow employees and the management team along with learning about the administrative side of the business.

At the end of the summer I was offered a position as a marketing administrator, and with the management’s willingness to work with both my school schedule and sorority schedule, being an employee at HTC has been a great introduction into the marketing and advertising industry. Since my employment at Houston Texas Consulting I have had the opportunity to travel with the company across Texas and Louisiana to attend work functions.

The experience and development that I have received during my employment at HTC has allowed me to love what I do while being a part of a successful and growing company.

Cons

I am not able to work full time due to school schedule.

Please keep up the strong communication with employees, and when does intramural softball begin??

Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time

Pros

1. Incredibly smart and talented employees.
    2. Streamlined and efficient development process.
    3. A lot of focus on R&D, but nearly everything you do does see the light of day. It's rewarding to see your work out in the real world.
    4. A wealth of industry knowledge
    5. Excellent culture, great work environment
    6. Room for incredible growth. The right team is in place.

Cons

There is a high level of competition and makes it fun

Don't change the culture. The company is a tremendously great place to work because of how management treats employees. The fact that no one has left the company in the entire time I've been a part of it is a testament to that. I've often said to other people, this company is the first company I've worked for that I believe truly values talent, and truly values their employees.

Performance Development Coordinator

Former Employee - Performance Development Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Performance Development Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Build, direct, manage, and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the Performance Development System. Implement a performance management and improvement process that leads to positive and quality initiatives to ensure alignment and optimal use of campaign resources. Research and design appropriate organization-wide performance and quality training. Coordinate performance management and quality improvement capacity building for all levels of management and employees. Establish a continuous performance and quality improvement effort. Coordinate and prepare an organizational annual accountability report including economic, Return-on-Investment analysis and other impact reviews.

Participates in a national network of performance improvement professionals, sharing best practices, tools and materials while participating in ongoing communication activities and capacity-building peer exchanges. Other duties and projects as assigned.

Supervisory Duties: Supervise and mentor subordinate managers including the hiring process, training, work assignments, performance evaluations, development of career goals, and disciplinary action.

Fiscal Responsibility: Develop and manage the budget for the Performance Development and Quality Improvement Departments through sound fiscal measures.

Work Place Responsibility: Maintain a safe and healthy work place environment. The Development Coordinator ensures that all employees of the department receive appropriate training, counseling, and understand all of the applicable procedures so that they can safely do their assigned work.

Good bonus structure, Intelligent colleagues,Good benefits (after 90 days),Clean office, Good location, Upper Kirby, Growing Industry,Good if you enjoy working with people,Good learning experience of corporate business.

Cons

The nature of the work can be challenging, Extremely strict about attendance, Highly competitive growth opportunities,Managing and counseling many personalities

Great Professional Growth

Current Employee - Client Relations  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Relations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at houston texas consulting has truly allowed me to grow in my career. The projects are strategic in nature and provide me the ability to serve as a trusted adviser for our client. Unique opportunity I didn't find at other consulting firms I've worked with in the past. i continue to have great opportunities to dive into challenging projects which helps me maintain the strong skills clients demand and also keeps me competitive in todays workforce.

The fun culture, relaxed, great events, career growth opportunities for those that want to work hard. Competitive PTO and pay, loyalty, great people.

Cons

I really enjoy my current role and the flexibility it provides. Since I mostly work virtually I sometimes miss typical office environment. If anything i would suggest to ramp up the training to be able to meet the clients demands sooner and stronger.

I really enjoy the community involvement invents that the company sponsors and follow-through with. I think giving back to the community to less fortunate people show what a company is really made of. It is not just always about profits and bottom lines and meeting deadlines.

Future looks bright at Houston Texas Consulting

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting

Pros

Welcoming and inclusive atmosphere; employees really feel valued; chance to work with industry giants; consultants work in a team and have shared ownership of product/project. Houston Texas Consulting has made a good name and a strong impression, there are more projects lining up from existing clients.

Cons

Too soon to tell, I have not seen red flags. Company is young, this is a plus for some room to grow with in the company

I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Houston Texas Consulting? Contribute to the Community!