Houzz Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
4.9

Adi Tatarko

Amazing culture & amazing career growth!

I have been working at Houzz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for Houzz is enjoyable, stimulating, and rewarding. The culture in the office is great and I love the people I work with! From when I started, my job has developed and expanded allowing me to learn new valuable skill sets. I feel so lucky to work for such an amazing company and don't see myself leaving anytime soon!

Cons

I can't think of any!

Keep up the great work!

Houzz Interview

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Houzz part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything good. Was really happy

Cons

Nothing bad. was really happy

Do what you're doing

Couldn't have asked for a better opportunity!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time

Pros

Why I LOVE working at Houzz:
    1. Couldn't ask for a better company culture, working at Houzz is honestly like working with a group of your best friends.
    2. I come to work every day excited to teach professionals about how amazing Houzz is.
    3. It is honestly so rewarding when a professional reaches back out to you after a few months signing the praises of Houzz and all that the website has done for their company.
    4. High paced, high energy environment, nothing boring about my day
    5. Incredible opportunities for growth & management loves to promote from within, such a great place to begin a career
    6. Work hard, play harder! You get rewarded for all your hard work. I'm not going to lie, when you work here, you REALLY WORK, there's no slacking off or skating by, but management really appreciates all of the hard work you put in & they let you know that they appreciate you.

This job is not for everyone, it definitely takes a specific person to fit in and thrive in this environment, but when you truly believe in a product and what a company stands for, you want to work as hard as you can especially for a company that treats you so well.

Cons

No complaints! This is my dream job and I feel so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to get in to this thriving company early!

I LOVE my job!!!

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love coming to work everyday and I think it starts with the phenomenal company culture that Houzz has been able to cultivate. At the end of the day, work is work, but I think what makes my job enjoyable is having great coworkers. Everyone I work with is insanely positive and they all want to see you succeed! In addition to working with great people, I love that there is also huge potential for growth in the company, great compensation, extremely fun social events, and delicious/healthy food.

Cons

There are too many things to love about working at Houzz...

I Love Houzz

I have been working at Houzz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Outstanding compensation, free food, free trips, huge contests, awesome coworkers, great benefits, great leadership, learning, fun environment.

Cons

It's a fast growing startup, so you have to be open to constant change.

None

EVERY POSITIVE REVIEW HERE IS LEGIT! COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!

I have been working at Houzz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best people-Smart, Fun, Professional, Everyone smiles!
    The best management, thoughtful and gracious senior leaders and the rest all were promoted internally
    The best office environment. Period! Just go to our website or You Tube channel and check out the video.
    Great earnings-Hands down the best inside sales position in the OC, or anywhere for that matter.
    Modern, state of the art office set up, but very comfy. These guys spare no investment in what we need to succeed.
    Themed meeting rooms. My favorite is The Playroom., then The Zen Room. The CEO designed them!
    Incredible kitchen, think cabinets and 4, that's right 4, fridges packed with healthy snacks.
    Lunch provided daily!
    Your birthday, your baby shower, you are recognized for who you are. Houzz cares about you as a person.
    Nespresso, Keurig, Tea, Perrier, Diet Coke (because we need it!) You name it, they provide it.
    Promotions from within-I think there have been over 12 to managers alone since I've been here.
    The best most engaged customer base you could every want to work with. They LOVE Houzz!
    We call on our own community. No such thing as cold calling here. Wonderful!
    You get to work with the nicest, most pleasant people you'll ever work with. Did I say that already? Well it deserves a second shout out!
    Everyone is supportive of each other. Everyone recognizes each others results.
    (Whoever posted that ridiculous negative review obviously does not work here)

The AE sales job is one of the most rewarding you can have. No job pays as well for an inside sales role. We have AE's earning as much as 135K. For an 8-9 hour day! I think the average is close to 90K. You get to call on professionals who are already on Houzz, so they are very nice people. No one is mean to you. They may or may not buy, but it is almost always a very pleasant call. Our managers sit with you, coach you, help you make sales, and are soooooo positive.

Social Events. We have done the following in the last year....

Hikes at Crystal Cover, Angels Baseball, Bowling, Dave & Busters, Minature Golf, Mud Run, 1/2 Marathon's, Fig & Olive, Bistango, Andreas, after work events. Our Palo Alto team of the most brilliant engineers, editors, marketeers, and more all came to Pelican Hill last year and the Montage this year and we all were invited for an oceanfront event night. The company even provided sedans to drive all of us to and from the event so we would not have to drink and drive. Who does that????

You can earn trips. We've had one to Las Vegas, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and Seattle. All in one year!

Park Place is very cool. Our office is an all glass front overlooking a beautiful atrium with a huge big screen with CNN or most recently World Cup Soccer! That was a fun day! We have a cafeteria with four restaurants, a nice inside and outside eating area. 20 foot salad bar, Asian Station, Grille, Sandwich shop and Italian. Wait...That's five restaurants! And we are a walk to LA Fitness, Mothers Market, Wahoo, Mizuki Sushi, CPK, Panini, The Counter, and Houston's for drinks!

How about weekly lunches brought in from Lawry's, Cafe Rio, Champagne Market, Veggie Grille, Mustard Cafe, and more. It's so fun as at 11:30 our office manager sends out a "LUNCH IS SERVED" note to all and the mad dash for the kitchen begins.

Then we get surprised one morning with a shoe shine guy who shins your shoes and yes...boots ladies!
    We showed another morning with Mr. Omelette and a team of three stations making custom omelettes for all.

Just yesterday, they brought in a Juicer firm to make juice for everyone.

Ok, so this is a pretty much unreal place to work. Best kept secret in the OC, but for how long????

Cons

Very selective so it is not easy to get hired, hence a negative review or two from some that don't actually even work here. Same issue Google had in it's early days.

If you are not an early riser, then you'll need to change that. We get in early!, but we leave early. Think 6:30 to 3:30.

Keep amazing us with everything you do.

Amazing Company, Phenomenal Team & Excellent Product

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Houzz is by far the most positive career experience I have ever had. Not only is it a fantastic opportunity, but the executive team creates such an incredible office/team culture that's high energy, positive and welcoming. Being a part of the Houzz team is like joining a sea of valedictorians. Everyone is a strong performer, driven and motivated. I can honestly say that I genuinely enjoy and LIKE everyone I work with. (That's hard to say when you're working with a team of 100+ employees.) Additionally, the company cultivates several opportunities for growth potential. Last, but not least, the Houzz platform and local advertising "product" is superior in the Home Design vertical, so it's incredibly exciting to represent.

Cons

Being a part of a fast-paced, high-tech/online marketing company that is still technically a start-up, you have to be prepared for multiple changes, and be flexible & prepared for them.

Continue to provide great perks such as a well-stocked kitchen, coffee service, happy & positive office, and great contests (both big & small.)

Work Hard, Play Hard!

Current Employee - Sales Training Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Training Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Houzz is an amazing company to work for! If you like making money, and providing marketing solutions for talented and creative business owners, this is where you need to be! Our accounts love us! They want to hear from us! We would not be here if it weren't for the amazing professionals that are on the site. The culture of Houzz is so collaborative and welcoming. You will make friends for life while working here. If you are looking to learn a lot and advance in your career Houzz is your home.

Cons

If you don't like an environment with change, growth, or improvement., this isn't for you.

An Incredible Place to Work!

I have been working at Houzz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great atmosphere. Seriously, the best! The work environment at Houzz is beyond that of any company I have ever worked for. The people are friendly, supportive, and fun! The management team is helpful and approachable. Everyone wants you to succeed. Appreciation for employees is constantly shown. Think free lunches, sales contests including gift cards and AMAZING trips (Las Vegas, San Fran, Lake Tahoe). There are also tons of after work social events planned that allow you to really get to know your coworkers on a personal level.
    - Amazing compensation structure. We receive a base salary, plus commission, and an opportunity for monthly bonuses. You determine your own success here. Work hard and you will reap the benefits!
    - A product that is truly innovative. It is refreshing to sell something that ultimately sells itself. The professionals we speak to have nothing but amazing things to say about Houzz. We truly are revolutionizing the design/remodeling community.
    - Tons of opportunities for growth within the company. Since this is a start-up, Houzz is constantly innovating and growing very very quickly. As a result, many new positions arise. This could mean moving up to a management role or the chance to move laterally within the company as well.

Cons

- There are no real cons when working with Houzz! However, keep in mind this is a fast paced and quick growing company. If you are someone who doesn't like change, this may not be the place for you.

A very special place with incredible focus

Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co workers, meritocracy, interesting and substantive work, quantifiable goals, and most importantly a shared vision that is helping us successfully transform this industry. The company was 12 people when I started and is now over 200. We have incredible, experience senior management who really care about their people and in building a truly sustainable business. We've always believe that doing things right is most important, setting the company and it's people up for success and a business that will be here for the long-haul, not a quick-turn.

Cons

Nothing substantive, everyone is treated very well, works hard, the usual challenges associated with fast growth but nothing that would ever stop someone from joining this rocket ship.