Houzz Reviews

Reset
4.6
Houzz Chief Executive Officer Adi Tatarko
Adi Tatarko

Pros
  • The people I work with are a huge part of what makes coming to work every day truly enjoyable (in 4 reviews)

• Growth Opportunities: Houzz is growing very quickly - so there are tons of opportunities for growth (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • However, keep in mind this is a fast paced and quick growing company (in 3 reviews)

• Palo Alto is incredibly expensive to live in, so it's difficult to get a place really close to the office (in 3 reviews)

1. Best internship experience yet!

Former Employee - Merchandising Intern in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandising Intern in Irvine, CA

Pros

awesome work environment, positive and kind atmosphere, interned here for the summer under the Operations team and Sales and planning team $12/hour. Love this company! Free breakfast on mondays and free lunch on fridays

Cons

none that I can think of

Account Manager - Professional Development

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Houzz feels like I won the lottery. That may sound like an exaggeration. But in my experience, finding a job you love waking up for each day doesn't come around often...if ever. Being an Account Manager at Houzz means I'm surrounded by the best technology, the most supportive managers and the smartest, hardest working and incredibly inspiring colleagues. During my time at Houzz, I've never worked harder in my life, but I've also never enjoyed a job as much as I do now. I'm making good money, the benefits are unreal and the culture is unlike anything I've experienced. The days start early, which means I'm off in time to enjoy the afternoon. I'm encouraged to have work life balance and a lot of my free time is spent with my co-workers because Houzz hires such great people. I empowered to run my day and calendar the way I see fit. Managers at Houzz do not micro-manage, but rather coach and train so we can continue to grow our personal sales and increase our earning potential. coming from a past of very competitive sales positions, I'm happy to say everyone at Houzz is so encouraging of one another and you are always rooting for your neighbor and helping them celebrate big wins...and they do the same for you. If you are looking for a position with a company who values it's employees above all else and rewards them for their hard work, Houzz could be a great place for you!

Cons

The hours are early, which for some people can be a bit rough. But after a few weeks you get use to it and then you're off in time to enjoy your day. I've actually really enjoyed becoming a morning person...and this job will definitely turn you into one. Don't worry, the kitchen is stocked with coffee, espresso and tea.

3. Web Content and Production Assistant

Pros

Some of the nicest people you can work with!

Cons

No bad experience during my time there.

5. Intern

Pros

Easy work load and great culture

Cons

Not the most mind engaging activities

Account Manager Professional Development

I have been working at Houzz full-time

Pros

Houzz is an innovative, fast growing company that truly puts their people first! It is both a challenging and rewarding position. Being in a sales role, you must push yourself to meet and exceed your goals each month. Your hard work definitely pays out for you at this company. The best thing about Houzz is the people! I love coming to work everyday because of the positive environment and great team atmosphere. Everyone supports one another and wants each other to do well! Also, because the company is growing and expanding so fast, the growth opportunity is phenomenal. The company takes great care of its employees and provides amazing incentives to work hard each day!

Cons

Early hours but if you get in early then you can leave early too :)

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and keep the culture fun!

Account Manager Professional Development

Current Employee - Account Manager Professional Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am so happy and grateful to be a member of the Houzz family! I have been with this amazing company for over a year, and I wake up every single day excited to go to work! The position is challenging and exciting - every day is different. My favorite thing about Houzz is definitely my co-workers -- I am proud to call many of them true friends. If you are a self-motivated person looking for a challenging and fast-paced environment that's filled with great people, you will love Houzz too!

Cons

I wish I had applied to Houzz sooner!

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking such good care of your people!

8. Independent Contractor

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Houzz (Less than a year)

Pros

Very team focused. Its like one big family which is great.

Cons

The hours are long and the work can be tedious. Very bureaucratic.

Advice to Management

Let your employees have fun every once in a while.

Love the team and the environment

I have been working at Houzz full-time

Pros

This is a great place for self-motivated engineers - everyone here has have the freedom to take a project and run with it. The hiring bar has been kept very high, and the team here is strongest I've worked with over my 10+ year career in the Valley. It's an amazing time to be part of a product that is simultaneously growing into commerce and expanding to dozens of countries over the next year.

Cons

Palo Alto is a beautiful town, but it is expensive. Our offices are getting a bit tight, but I've heard that we'll be getting more space nearby soon.

Houzz engineering team

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

People: Working with very intelligent, capable and motivated engineers. At Houzz, I got to know some of the best engineers I ever worked with, unlike some arrogant tech gurus I met in other places, Houzz engineers are friendly, fun, open minded, willing to share and help. It has been a great opportunity to learn from others while contributing to the team. Founders are impressively capable people, they know what they are doing. Engineering process: Lean and flat organization, very low overhead, not many meetings. Product/Growth Cool product that is useful to tens of millions of users, people at Houzz take pride in products they work on. It might sound a little cheesy, but it is quite rewarding when my friends, or total strangers told me how useful Houzz site or app is when they learned I work at Houzz. There is also a sense of accomplishment to help build and grow a great cause, which still has a lot of potential.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con, it is just personal preference. Engineering organization is very flat, there is no multi layer structure. If you are looking for people manager opportunity within Houzz engineering, at least at this moment, there is not much.

LOVE This Job!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Houzz has by far been my best work experience. I adore this company and everything the CEO and Founder are working towards. It is a privilege to represent the best product in the industry and be able to share that with professionals all across North America. It is nice to feel proud of what we are selling. The earning potential is pretty incredible, but it takes of hard work. Personally it is so rewarding to me to see my hard work translate into a very meaningful paycheck. Most top performers are well over $100K. So the hard work does pay off immensely. I am appreciative of this role not just for career development but personal as well. I have continually learned to navigate outside my comfort zone and grow as a person. I am much more adaptable and I have honestly made some life long friends. For that I will be forever grateful. Over all this is a great company, amazing product, PHENOMENAL people, lots of perks, offers a lot of earning potential and flexible hours.

Cons

I do not necessarily see either of these as cons, but if you are not comfortable with this give the role serious thought. Early Hours (if you're not used to that, but on the flip side you leave early too), constant change so you need to be adaptable. Lots of calls which can be repetitive if you do not find ways to be creative with it. But at the end of the day the more you call, the more opportunity you create for yourself.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the open and honest communication. I am comfortable talking to anyone about where I am at and how I want to reach my goals. I feel that it has a very open door policy and I appreciate that. The managers genuinely seem to care about our well being despite how busy they are. I think the office would benefit from more leadership but it has been neat to see some of my colleagues get promoted already. I like that I am not micromanaged and am treated like an adult. I am trusted to get my job done and offered lots of coaching when necessary. I think management is doing a great job.

RSS Feed </> Embed