Hover-Davis, Inc.

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jean-Luc Pelissier

Great people at local site, but sr management ruins the experience

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc.

ProsWonderful peers who really care about each other, casual dress, interesting products, decent use of lean mfg techniques, decent benefits, small company atmosphere. Sr management (not on site, but at the parent organization) is very conscientiousness of cash flow and managed to get the company through a few very bad years in the industry (admittedly with a lot of layoffs).

ConsThe sr. management is from a private equity firm and is micro-managing to the extreme. They are right, you are wrong, end of story. For those reporting to into them, the meetings are constant and the beatings are regular. For the rest of us, it's not as bad unless you're working on a very visible issue. In addition to the micro-management, everything is very short-term focused. They are all about making each quarter look good, from forcing people to burn vacations on a whim, to the crazy end-of-quarter push for sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people who work under you aren't perfect but they do know something. You should listen to them, or at least pretend to. Nobody in the organization feels empowered at all.

Used to be a great company

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc. full-time

Proshealth plan is good.... but I am sure that will change very soon like everything else.

Consupper management lies.. not at Hover-Davis... but the corporate big wigs.

Advice to Senior Managementlittle people make the place work also... remember that... it starts with good employees that are dedicated and enjoy working at Hover-Davis... Used to be great when Hover used to own the company.

Commitment and hard work benifit only those at the top

Production Worker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEasy commute, flexible hours, clean

ConsNo advancement opportunity, wages frozen for five years, deceitful management

Advice to Senior ManagementYour medieval management style doesn’t allow the company to reach its potential. Truly progressive companies use a management approach which creates an atmosphere in which their employees thrive. If you only had a clue on how to motivate your workforce and a clue on what a motivated workforce would do for your bottom line you wouldn’t run the business as you do. There are so many improvements you could make to increase the bottom line and yet your short sightedness always leads you to take from your employee.

Great employees - Upper management not so much

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc. full-time

ProsIt’s a small company where employees are more like family.

ConsUnfortunately there is a dark cloud that hangs over Hover Davis. This dark cloud is very consuming and drains the employees of all trust and respect for upper management. Not all management – just the management that is housed at the corporate headquarters in Conklin, NY. This dark cloud tries to appear that it cares. It’s says what you want to hear. It gives you hope and it makes promises that it doesn’t keep. It sits behind a desk looking at numbers with no clue that it’s draining the biggest asset of the company – the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly don’t think that anything I have to say to management would make a difference. It has been evident to me and I am sure others that Hover Davis employees are not valued and the minuscule communication from upper management has only proven that they can’t be trusted. I believe that the employees are more dedicated to the company then what the company is to the employees.

Nice review no raise!

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people that work here and very friendly, and are hard working people.

ConsThey don't give raises, the new employees in production make more than the people that have been there for many many years, they use there employees, We all feel degraded.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need the treat your employee with some respect and stop walking all over them,

SR Management Ruins the experience

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc. full-time

ProsClean and most of the employees that work here are great.

ConsManagement are liers, they promise raises and bonuses and then nothing happens. 4 years using us and there is no slavery there is here. I feel sorry for the production workers they work the hardest and management craps on them. They took away the Birthday gifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should treat your production workers with respect and stop crapping on them. If it weren't for them you wouldn't have any production going out the door. They bend over backwards so you can make your big bucks. Your production workers need their raises, stop pushing them aside! Your gonna loose good working people so do something good now.

Hover - Davis Propective employees stay away if you want a career.

Employee (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Hover-Davis, Inc.

ProsWhen John Hover the founder of the company was at the helm, things were looking great. Business was growing every year and the employees were treated fairly. John made sure his employees were taken care of honestly and fairly. When John Hover decided to retire and sell the business, it was all down hill from there.

ConsIt's all about the bottom line. Employees are not even second on the list. The business was sold three times and always with a promise of thing are looking better. The management was never honest with the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees and treat them with respect. Someday you will need their support and they will not come through for you.

Worked for Hover-Davis, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hover-Davis, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hover-Davis, Inc. CEO Jean-Luc Pelissier. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Hover-Davis, Inc. employees.