Hoveround

Updated July 31, 2014

2.7

Tom Kruse
1 Rating

Training and support were great.

Former Employee - RTS  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - RTS in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

The company attitude is helpfulness and being of service to their clients. Supported by all levels to excel. Managers trust field folks to work independently to accomplish the tasks assigned.

Cons

When the workload is heavy, it is a struggle to get all the detail things done timely.

Executive assistant

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Sarasota, FL

Pros

The company is a mid size organization which gives all of the employees an opportunity for all job opportunities and advancement in most departments.

Cons

The manufacturing facilities are difficult to get to and not close to major highways.

Very negative work environment

Pros

Nice cafeteria. My manager is very flexible with regard time off.

Cons

Upper management is unapproachable and unavailable. Poor salary increases, so get your money going in the door. Horrible response time to individuals needing repair for their wheelchairs. No accountability for work done wrong, especially if you are a "favorite". Zero chance for advancement.

Start listening to your employees and show them they are valued.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work does not pay off.

Pros

Hoveround has a friendly, clean environment and appear to regarding health issues for employees. They have a great work schedule, and pay scale.

Cons

They clean house all the time and you better be a RN, or family member to have longevity. I have seen them dismiss very professional agents. They have ridiculously poor training sessions and antiquated educated business managers and practices.

Maybe some people have hidden talents and managers should do more educating of all workers evenly.

Work you like a slave for poor benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Very few. The management seems happy enough, but for an entry level worker you will get more respect at basically any other job.

Cons

Most of the employees I talked to were either miserable, or they didn't realize how bad this company treats employees because they had never worked anywhere else and did not know what a good job is really like. Management is also very two-faced. I've seen them be sweet and polite to employees, than bring them downstairs to "talk to HR." If this happens you know you'll never see them again, and someone comes up later to collect their belongings left at their desk and log off their computer. They treat employees like trash to be taken out, not like people with families they are trying to support. I've seen the CEO sharing baby pictures with one employee, and then they had the poor guy fired the next day. There is NO job security at this company so you need to always have a Plan B.

Hoveround also does a lot of shady business practices, like all medical wheelchair providers have been caught doing. I would not put it past them to put up shill reviews to make their company look better.

None. Any time I have ever offered advice or feedback it has been ignored, so I refuse to offer any more. I am looking for a better job.

Hi

Current Employee - RTS  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - RTS in Spokane, WA

Pros

Helps a lot of people regain mobility and freedom in there life

Cons

Medicare cuts have made things change for the worse, but its adapt or die when you take a 47% cut to what your compensated for the same product. Unfortunately the client suffers

A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Call Center  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center in Sarasota, FL

Pros

The leadership is passionate about the product and services.The CEO actually invented and created the products offered. Office location is great and centrally located. Communication is very consistent and ideas are frequently solicited from management. This company cares about their customers and their employees.

Cons

Very few. More information and feedback on performance would be helpful. A more structured plan for advancement is really needed. There are many employees that have the ability to take on more responsibility.

Keep up the good work. The opportunity for employees to participate in issues is really positive. The monthly meetings, addresses from the CEO and employee round table discussions really keep us informed.

Made me miss my old job at a prison

Former Employee - Scripts Processor  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Scripts Processor in Sarasota, FL

Pros

The company has a nice "front." When you interview and go through orientation they treat you pretty well, set you up with a nice, friendly trainer, and even buy you lunch a few times. It's all an act though, Hoveround is actually very cut-throat and will fire you at any time with no warning.

Cons

I have done a lot of volunteer work, internships, and moved a lot in my life. As a result, I've worked in a lot of different places doing a lot of different things. But I've never worked anywhere like Hoveround. If you want to get ahead, you have to be willing to suck up to management (ie donate for holiday lunches and gifts for the bosses, clap when they visit the floor, rat out other employees, etc) One day a few of the new hires were 5 minutes late for work and their supervisor had already had 5 people emailing and running up to her to tell on them. Should you choose to work at Hoveround, these will be your co-workers. Forget about making friends at work - nobody ever talks to each other because they aren't allowed to.

Management is very controlling and micromanaging. They are unbelievably strict in every possible aspect and facet of the job, leading to an extremely high stress/low satisfaction work environment. For example, you are only allowed two personal items at your work station. There are lots of rules like this that serve no real purpose.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - CDD Scripts Processor  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - CDD Scripts Processor in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Pay is okay if you only have a high school diploma
    Does offer benefits and bonuses
    Clean facility with good accommodations for lunch

Cons

Way too controlling and micromanaging. You get one 15 minute break per 8 hour shift and they tell you when you are and are not allowed to use the restroom. I worked in the CDD department and if I never needed to call out I would have to first go through an interrogation with the supervisor. If I was sick she wanted to know all the symptoms, and when my babysitter cancelled she wanted to know my wife's schedule. Incredibly invasive and unprofessional. The are also very two faced. My team of 7 were constantly praised for our work during training and told we were exceeding all of their expectations. A month later 3 of the 7 had already been fired. I've never worked in a place were people are fired for so cavalierly.

Management frequently asks for feedback and ideas, which they then write down or tell you they will forward to higher management. Then you will never hear about it again. I was asked by the CEO to let him know if I ever felt like I was not being challenged enough so they could come up with a solution. I told him I did feel that way, and that I was capable of more. Their solution was to fire me.

Interview with Territory Manager

Former Employee - Rehab Technology Specialist  in  Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Rehab Technology Specialist in Eugene, OR

Pros

Get to travel around the state you work in. Get to meet some really nice people while in the field. Most likely be asked to travel to other states.

Cons

Driving for 10 hours a day is hard, takes away from your home life, low communication with territory manager.

better communication needed to allow all RTS to do their jobs right especially new ones, more support for those RTS's working on weekend days.

Worked for Hoveround? Contribute to the Community!