Hoveround Reviews

Tom Kruse

1. Synopsis

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional environment pleasant to come to work..Service oriented .

Cons

Reduction in force during the off season..

Advice to Management

Support of middle management staff should be evident to all levels of associates and managers .

QA/UR

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Quality Assurance/Utilization Review Specialist in North Port, FL

I worked at Hoveround (Less than a year)

Pros

Very high employee turnover due to poor management every 6 to 7 months employee termination as they trainn new personel for lower wages

Cons

Utilization of my Medical Record Associates and billing experience

Advice to Management

CEO needs to become aware of employee turnover

Information Technology Industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You're compensation was always on time.

Cons

This was the worst Corporation I have ever been employed with. They have the highest turn over rate it's a revolving door in that there could be over 60 people hired in one month and fired within 30 days. The entire Management Staff is trained to micro manage their employees. The employee's are treated like children. The CEO has NO loyalty to his staff. Management is encouraged to spy on employees. The employee's are not allowed to talk to one another on company time, not allowed to use the elevator's unless you are Management, not allowed to eat or drink only on your time. This company is equivalent to a sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Invest internally in your employee's career growth, longevity and job security with employees.

Horrible company, treats you like a slave

Former Employee - Scripts Processor in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Scripts Processor in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice cafeteria. Clean. Pay is okay.

Cons

Hoveround is the worst place I've ever worked. The management is incredibly invasive and unprofessional. When I needed to leave early when my child was sick one day, the supervisor called me into her cubicle and made me describe the symptoms and show her my wife's schedule and explain why she couldn't pick him up. This is a call center, and they will time you if you have to go to the bathroom during your shift. During our orientation we were told by the trainer "Don't *expletive* on our time, do it on your time." Breast feeding mothers were also told they would not be able to pump for breast milk on the clock, even though (as a female colleague pointed out) this is illegal. There is no job security at Hoveround. You aren't allowed to talk or leave your cubicle, but there is a palpable aura of fear in the room. I've never seen people get fired as frequently or as cavalierly as at Hoveround. You are a number, not a person as far as this company is concerned. Unless you are related to the CEO. There is a lot of nepotism that goes on here as well, as cousins and children of the boss are first in line for all promotions.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Every time I offered input, suggestions, or advice it was disregarded immediately, even when they stated that they wanted our input and ideas.

Clinical Documentation / In Take

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO seems very nice. Makes appearances once in a while. I wonder if he really knows what goes on behind the scenes by his Management Team.

Cons

Would not recommend this company to anyone. Raises provided are minimal, if any, while Upper Management parks their Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus and Cadillac's up front for all to see. Morale is very low and employees are afraid to speak up in fear of being released. Director / management / team leads / supervisors have very poor attitudes. Company works by way of scare tactics and bullying with no respect given to employees. No Work/Life balance as everything is about the company at the employee’s expense. This company is purely a “Call Center”. Employees are tied to their chairs answering phones, even having a difficult time to get away to go to the restroom. Constantly monitored and questioned why you left your seat or haven’t answered a call in the last minute. Employee / Management turnaround is incredible, as the company fires at will. Almost seems like new folks come in every Monday as employees are terminated on a weekly basis. Not the place to be if you are looking for a career long term. Constantly talking about retaining people and doing things to make Hoveround better. This is all talk and a big smoke screen. Bottom line, worse work environment I ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Bring in new VP to develop Management Team.

Worked there for close to three years

Former Employee - Anonymous in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO has heart and great idea to help people. He comes to visit the company making appearances but doesn't actually "see what is going on" within his company. If he knew he'd restructure all the departments

Cons

I liked it when I started there, took two years to wake up. Found that from director/management/team leads/supervisors have very poor attitudes. Not concerned for the client's needs at all. Just get the client off the phone and move on to next calls in or outbound call. Supervisor has worst attitude of all expressing how he hates the job to the people that work under him. He's taking care of personal business or playing with the manager more than helping his employees under him to help the hoveround client's needs. They just don't care about anything at all but the "Almighty Dollar". If client's Medicare is still paying for the chair then Hoveround will listen. If medicare's 13 month rental is up then forget it. the client can wait sometimes 6-8 weeks before anything gets done. They only care for the clients that Medicare is still paying for their chairs. I thought Tom Kruse did care when I started there but then wonder if he's same as his people that work for him and/or are in charge. He needs to take time to research "client reviews" on the internet some time because when I read them I could relate to everyone of them. He'll see he has MANY DISSATISFIED CLIENTS. And as far as employees .. don't ever think you'll get a pat on the back for good job done. Poor moral there and no chance to advance. Not even in pay because raises are held back.

Advice to Management

Care about the people that keep your money coming in....if you care about Money then you should care about your Customers/Clients' needs. Talk will make you or break you.

8. Awesome to work with

I worked at Hoveround

Pros

Management cares about you when you need it the most. Working for this company is life-changing and it's remuneration goes par to Florida / Sarasota lifestyle.

Cons

Time off is kind of a drag: you have a pool of days which you can take days off, but sick time is always available.

Advice to Management

None; they do everything right!

9. Hoveround is a good place

I worked at Hoveround

Pros

Friendly workers, very good schedules

Cons

Sometimes confusion On what needs to be done first

Hard work and long hours are never enough.

I worked at Hoveround

Pros

I've made one life-long friend.

Cons

Zero appreciation no matter what you do, you're told one thing one day and the next day they "never said that".

RTS position

I have been working at Hoveround full-time

Pros

Good pay. Basically work by yourself(some locations have multiple RTS's). Very structured. Everything has a part number. Everything is organized and has it's place. You get to meet new people and help them with their needs.

Cons

The phone and laptop are your leash. There are multiple things that have to be done other than what one would think. If you are slow, you can handle everything that is required of you. If you are busy, there are not enough hours in a day to get everything done.(you do the best you can.....always inform your manager.) The parts department is not forthcoming with new part numbers. Multiple part numbers for same part. They keep adding things to your job to the point where you wonder how can anybody learn this stuff. Sales is becoming very prevalent for this job. Van has GPS tracker.

Advice to Management

Manager is really good here. Other locations are not so lucky.

RSS Feed </> Embed