Howard Jackson Associates

Reset
4.2
CEO

1. Strong Reputation in the IT Sales recruitment market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Howard Jackson Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior staff are very knowledgeable and happy to help
    Training for someone new to recruitment is very thorough
    Reputation with clients is good - there is a lot of in-bound business
    If you're ambitious and willing to graft then opportunities can open up for you
    Commission scheme is decent
    Pretty good with dealing with the work life balance for their staff

Cons

Same as with most Recruitment firms - if you're not willing to put it in then it won't work out.
    The company is based on individual expertise so there is little marketing support though this is being talked about.

Advice to Management

Investment in Marketing

2. Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Head of International Recruitment
    Current Employee - Head of International Recruitment

I have been working at Howard Jackson Associates

Pros

25 year history
    Great customers
    Returning candidates

Cons

Consider:
    1) Recruiting more people to service international accounts
    2) More paid advertising needed

No real cons - good environment to work in

3. Fantastic first step into the working world!

Current Employee - Account Handler in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Handler in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Howard Jackson Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came into Howard Jackson straight from university is 2014. I went through 3 interviews, from informal to formal. Throughout the whole process i was kept tightly in the loop as to what their thoughts were regarding my potential fit to the company, but also extremely open and honest as to what to expect when working for them if i was successful which I'm glad to say I was.

At Howard Jackson, staff have all the time in the world to invest into you and will assist you in every way they can in order to help you to develop to the best of your capability. I was told during an interviews that they would provide me with extensive training that would really push me to develop a whole new set of transferable skills. This is precisely what I got from day on of employment.

Those who i work alongside are very supportive and will happily take the time to listen to questions I have. They have been great fun both in and outside of the workplace with a great atmosphere in the office.

There are no barriers inside the company that stop you from talking with senior members of staff all the way to the top. The support given day to day is brilliant and I would happily recommend working for this company to anyone that is looking to develop their career in recruitment and to those who are looking for that first step into the working world.

Cons

Honestly, none.

I am easily the most inexperienced member of the team in Manchester which in other companies would have me making coffees and tea all day. Not here, I have been encouraged into the deep in of the pool and feel that I am just as important within the team as anyone else.

Advice to Management

Carry on the way you are. Keep on listening to your team as you are and the rewards will speak for themselves.

5. Sweat shop

I have been working at Howard Jackson Associates

Pros

Learn the basics of recruitment from experienced people

Cons

Expect to put everything else in your life on hold

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings

RSS Feed </> Embed