Howe Insurance Services

Updated June 24, 2014
Updated June 24, 2014
4.5

Don Howe

Help where and when you need it.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Lafayette, IN

Pros

Pros:
      Rewarding work: The clients we meet and help really need our products. I never spend time trying to convince people they should buy something they don't want or need.
      Commission sales: There is no real ceiling on your income. You work your own schedule.
      Good companies to represent: The Howe's have done a great job finding excellent options for our clients. No matter a client's need, I feel there is something I can offer them, at a fair price and without worry that someone else will arrive the next day to replace it with something better. This has been consistent over the seven years I've been with the agency.
      Retirement: Ongoing commissions for previously sold life insurance provide long-term financial stability.
      Profit sharing: This also could be filed under "retirement", but I felt it deserved it's own paragraph. My profit sharing check each month this year is 1.5 times as large as the social security check I started collecting last September at age 66. The size of the profit sharing varies each year based on agency profits over the previous year. If you're a salesman you'll enjoy income from this very generous, unique offering from the Howe's. If you are a leader, or willing to learn how to become one, you can build your own agency through the Howe system and perhaps look forward to a very early retirement. My profit sharing will continue for more than 20 years after I quit working, perhaps many more than 20, living or not! What a wonderful legacy for your family!
      Education: I worked as a salesman, regional trainer and district sales manager for a company that billed itself as "the best direct sales company in the world" and spent another 12 years with a similar company selling education in clients homes to prospects and their families. Both used a system virtually identical to the one employed at HIS, and both offered excellent training, IF YOU WERE WILLING TO MAKE THE EFFORT to take advantage of it. The Howe's have taken the system to a very different level. Their on-going, involved training is the best I have experienced anywhere. I believe this is the single biggest reason you may hope to succeed in a supposedly very difficult industry. Again, the effort to take advantage of all that is offered is up to you.
      Character: I could spend all day here. I feel like I'm part of the Howe family and am honored to be able to say it. The Howe's offer training, significant cost reduction on leads (the core of the system), profit sharing and an honest, straight-forward answer to any question I have ever asked. In other words, they say they care and demonstrate it with action, how refreshing!

Cons

Cons: This is in-home sales work. Unless you're disciplined, willing to look at yourself critically, admit and correct mistakes, learn and grow, you cannot succeed in this business.
      This is time consuming and can be addictive. If you have family, they must understand the commitment you need to make to be successful and support you.

Hard Work + Great Training = Satisfaction

Current Employee - Senior Agent  in  Silver City, NM
    Current Employee - Senior Agent in Silver City, NM

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The commitment of this family and staff at HQ is phenomenal. After several decades my work in a variety of family owned / operated businesses its a surprising experience to receive such a rich level of support and attention to personal need for success! The entire culture at H.I.S. is enthusiastic to response at every level with same day action for concerns and questions. The Senior leadership is truly transparent in the challenges to overcome and the hard work necessary for success in this business and they are continually available to assist wherever possible to folks who are committed to success. The long list of National Champions with this company in the Final Expense Insurance market is a great motivation for sicking with it!

Cons

$5000.00 start up cost and financial discipline to survive training and complete commission pay-out. Overcoming reliance on previous experiences(which results in far lower production) in attempt to save money. Work - balance time is tough for at least a year especially for anyone coming from a 40-50 hr week experience, a 60-80 week is more realistic.

More accountability to District managers to spend time in field with new agents

Amazing Company!

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services

Pros

The greatest thing about working here is having folks that truly care about you and your success. Great opportuinity to make what you are worth.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I would say is a con working here. If you dont succeed it is just that this might not be the right fit for you because every tool that you need to have to succeed is provided.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you love Multi-Level Marketing...this is the place to be!

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great positive, clean, uplifting atmosphere. Very giving people! Flexible commitment levels depending on your availability and financial status. Opportunity to team-build and earn overrides.

Cons

VERY low starting commission rate. LONG conference calls. Only one product line to offer clients. Need to have at least $5k to invest plus enough to live on for about 2 months if you want to go full-time right away.

Add other services (multi-line), much shorter conference calls

Most supportive & family oriented company I have ever worked for. Manage your own hours and determine your own income.

Current Employee - Regional Vice President & Recruiter  in  Mitchell, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President & Recruiter in Mitchell, IN

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Two things needed in this business to be very successful: Great Training and a Great Lead Program and HIS has both to help you be as successful as YOU want to be. Along with the top notch Support System, you can't fail unless YOU allow yourself to.

Cons

I can not think of anything that is a con with HIS. If you consider managing your own hours, determining your own income, and working with the best people a con...I consider it a big PLUS.

If you want to grow your own business with the knowledge and support of people who have been extremely successful in this business and enjoy sharing that knowledge of their success then HIS is the team to join!

Fantastic Company and Unparalleled leadership

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership (owners). Support staff and training. Flexibility of work. Great team atmosphere among other agents. Everyone is willing to help each other, even when it isn't their responsibility. Can earn a good income. Great coaching and training available.

Cons

Hard work needed to succeed (not really a con, just the truth). Initial start up costs can be tough for new agents. If you decide to join the company, it does take time to get going because of pre-licensing, and obtaining state license (nothing to do with company, just a state requirement for life insurance).

Great place for insurance sells

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Commission - Set your own schedule - growth centered environment - family friendly - wonderful work community

Cons

Final expense a a very up and down business. When it's good it's really good and when it's bad it feels really bad.

Keep the company culture!

My years of experience at HIS has been very rewarding.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Mitchell, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Mitchell, IN

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Honest Company, Very good advancement opportunities, great lead program, fantastic office staff, great training.

Cons

Non that I can think of.

Keep doing the same things.

The sky is the limit! Amazing opportunity!

Current Employee - Regional Vice President  in  Millerstown, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Millerstown, PA

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is friendly, fun and promotes leadership development.

The ability to start with the company part time and phase into a full time position if desired.

Comprehensive training programs with an easy to duplicate sales system in place.

The freedom and help to build my own team with H.I.S.

Cons

One of the points that some folks may struggle with is the fact that they will need some amount of self discipline to be successful.

As a self employed position, you get paid what your worth.

Keep up the great work!

A tough sales gig

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to make a lot of money

Cons

Having to buy your own leads.

Worked for Howe Insurance Services? Contribute to the Community!