Hubbell
www.hubbell.com Shelton, CT 5000+ Employees

Hubbell Reviews

Hubbell – Greenville – “Hubbell Lighting”

Tim Powers

I enjoyed it very much. I felt so confident that I moved my family from the west coast to the west coast. No regrets.

Safety & Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee)
Palatka, FL

I worked at Hubbell full-time

ProsThis is a company that stands behind the product 100%.

ConsCompany had to downsize in certain networks which I was effected.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease speak to those persons who built the company and have compassion on them even while making tough decisions.

Hubbell is a refreshingly vibrant company to work for with many wonderful, smart people.

Director Organizational Development (Current Employee)
Shelton, CT

I have been working at Hubbell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot political or beurocratic; growing internationally, maturing quickly as an organization; great benefits; strong, ethical leaders; lots of career growth opportunities.

ConsPeople just don't know about us. Our employment brand needs to be stronger so more people see what a great company Hubbell is to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on the path you're on!

It has reached the point of diminishing return.

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Centralia, MO

I worked at Hubbell

ProsWell know brands in it's market. Benefits are as good as most corporations offer.

ConsOutsourcing even when it is not cost effective. Little to no training. Quarterly games with materials and production to reach quarterly inventory levels. Little to no capital investment. Continued downsizing redistributes the workload to remaining workers, severely effecting their quality of work, the quantity of hours worked, increasing stress levels which result in health issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that Management take a long-term view of the health of the company and invest in it's greatest assets - it's employees. It's difficult to be unbiased towards the executives that consider it's employees so easily disposable.

Hubbell, where your parents worked

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hubbell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStability, relaxed work environment, low stress

ConsYou'll probably be the only one motivated to work if you are a new hire, management is very week. Team has been with the company for many, many years. Promotion from seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate culture seems to be more important than results, the focus is not on the customer.

Worked for Hubbell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hubbell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hubbell CEO Tim Powers. All reviews posted anonymously by Hubbell employees.