Hubspot Reviews

Reset
4.7
Hubspot CEO & Founder Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan

Pros
  • A ton of smart people to learn from (in 15 reviews)

• HubTalks are always a great time and the seemingly unlimited free food in the kitchen is a plus (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance might not be as evident (in 11 reviews)

• No work life balance- if you come in at 8:30- 6pm and take lunch you will be labeled a slacker and risk being a subject of gossip (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Career Growth - Joining a Rocketship

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's not really about the beer and ping pong it's about the people you get to work with everyday, training to build skills in sales you get to experience, and the potential for long term career growth that comes from working at a rocket-ship company like this. The sales team is well compensated and offered lots of bonus/contest opportunities throughout the course of the year and ensuring sales people are treated fairly is often top of mind for the executives.

Anyone at any level can take on additional responsibility, step up to solve big problems, and be a part of a extremely transparent culture where you can learn the ins and outs of a SaaS business. Hard to beat that in today's work environment especially in a successful business.

Cons

It's a demanding environment which may not be for everyone, but as hard as it is it's often found to be one of the most fun places to work due to the people and career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on scale and the big goals that have been set for the business over the long term. It's great to be a part of a team where decisions are made with big dreams and huge financial goals versus just barely hitting the ball over the fence.

2. No other place I would rather be

I have been working at Hubspot full-time

Pros

The smartest people I've ever worked with in my life -- and more importantly, the nicest too.

The rocket-ship growth and kick-ass culture don't hurt either. But mostly, the people.

Cons

It's an intense place with smart people working hard. If you're looking for an easy place to work, this ain't it. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way -- but not for everybody.

Advice to Management

Remember working towards a purpose and profits is not mutually exclusive.

Stay quirky, stay creative and stay human. The rest will work itself out.

HubSpot continues to be better and better place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for HubSpot for over three years, and despite its growth, HubSpot continues to improve as a place to work. I feel as though there are infinite learning opportunities and plenty of chances for internal mobility. My manager always has my back, but also constantly challenges me to push myself and deliver my best work.

Cons

HubSpot has a very collaborative and meeting-heavy culture. While this environment is great for coming up with creative solutions and working with people across the organization, it also means that getting the work done often requires working outside the normal business hours.

Advice to Management

While HubSpot has amazing offices and an in-office culture, as HubSpot grows, I believe HubSpot will need to allow and support that culture to adapt to include new offices in different geographies as well as remote-employees.

The Best Challenge of My Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot (Less than a year)

Pros

HubSpot is more than a company. It sounds cheesy to say, but I've truly never been pushed as hard, or enjoyed what I was doing, as much as I do here. You will be a small fish in an ocean of amazing employees. That said, the amount of support from employees at all levels of the company is immense. Provided you're inspired by the hard work of others, you will be motivated to accomplish more (and in less time) than you thought possible here. The autonomy granted here, along with the transparency, attention to culture, and paths for career growth are just a few of the factors that make this company amazing.

Cons

The work is hard. If you are intimidated by late nights, a fast pace, long hours, or the idea that you may never be the smartest person in the room, then this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring standards high. Continue to prioritize culture and transparency.

Not for everyone

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Newest technologies, great people, challenging, focused and rewarding environment.

Cons

Pressure is high to GSD and those that don't will have to leave. Only the strongest will survive.

Advice to Management

It's hard to keep the ideas intact from the upper levels to the lower levels (and vice-versa). As the company gets bigger it will be even harder. Keep the hiring bar as high as possible always preferring false negatives than false positives.

Love it here

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great culture, great leadership, SMART/FUN people. I've worked at several other tech companies in the past and HubSpot completely blows them away

Cons

Definitely a lot of work but worth it. Although there is "unlimited vacation" most people are not taking it and working 10+ hours a day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is on the right path and will continue to crush it

There isn't a good reason to not want to work here.

Current Employee - Growth Marketer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Growth Marketer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time

Pros

- Management genuinely cares of the employees (to the point where it's almost uncomfortable)
    - GSD isn't just a saying, people will actually sit down and get **** done
    - You're surrounded by some of the most intelligent people you'll ever meet
    - Many, many opportunities to grow (they discuss career develop opportunities on the first day of training)
    - They encourage entrepreneurship (as in they WANT you to have side projects outside of HubSpot)

Cons

The company is huge, and growing even more. Because of that, most people don't know each other. Would be great to see more crossover interactiosn between different teams.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The amount of care you show goes a long way and making the rest of us feel comfortable.

Be as successful as you want

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Empowered and enabled to make huge mistakes or earn huge wins.
    * Amazing people who bring positive attitudes to work day in and day out. Intelligent, hardworking, friendly, and outgoing.
    * You will be doing work every day that matters and helps the companies bottom line. The sense that everyone is pulling in the same direction (up and to the right).
    * All the perks: vacation policy, free beer, free snacks, 5 year sabbatical game room, food trucks, cookie days, and there's little surprises and fun days happening all the time.
    * A company that realizes you need to spend to grow. We're always able to try new technology and software if we can demonstrate the value added via POC.
    * You don't hear "no" here very often - its better to try things and 'fail fast' (as long as you have a rollback plan!)

Cons

* Empowered and enabled to make huge mistakes or earn huge wins. <-- This isn't for everyone. For some people its scary, and paralyzing when you don't know where to start because your direct manager isn't telling you exactly what to do.
    * You will often find that you didn't get to what you wanted to work on during a particular day because something comes up and throws you all off course - you need to both be able to switch gears very rapidly, and not be bothered by it.
    * A lot of people think HubSpot is fun, and hip because we have beer etc. - but take a walk around the office after 6 or 7 pm any night, or even on a weekend and there will be plenty of people here (young and old, senior and entry level) working their @$$ off to carve our a career for themselves or help the company get to the next level. Let me be very clear about this: At HubSpot, I'm the happiest I've ever been at a job but I've also done the most work I've ever done at a job.

Advice to Management

Expand, scale into new markets because we can handle it and the fields are untapped and GREEN. Keep up the culture as we turn into an ugly public company (which we're doing a great job of so far), and continue to set BIG goals and trust your teams. We got this.

Constantly Challenged, Internal Opportunities

I have been working at Hubspot full-time

Pros

- Constantly Challenged
    - I made a career shift internally during my team here and it was welcomed
    - Fast paced, innovative environment
    - Office Space is amazing

Cons

- Constantly Changing Environment - not necessarily a con, but you have to be adaptable to thrive here.

Advice to Management

We are high growth and the continuous focus on culture is hugely important as we scale. Keep it up.

HubSpot changed my life

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, culture, product, company, work life balance...everything is great! Never thought a company could be this satisfying. It's truly an honor to be working here. Plenty of activities going on constantly to help the culture.

Cons

Really nothing significant. Very happy to be here. If you're not an A player you may get overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and keep hiring great people!

RSS Feed </> Embed