Huddle

www.huddle.com

Huddle Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Alastair Mitchell

Cloud based content & collaboration - Great space to be in & *Great* company to be a part of!

Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSuper hi-energy, enthusiastic company. It's a work environment that requires you to deliver at your highest potential and then some - exhausting & challenging, but highly rewarding! Excellent prospects for swift -as deserved - career progression! The market for cloud based content & collaboration solutions is expanding very rapidly! Senior mgmt is highly available to all employees & customers. They genuinely care about the detail of their people & operations.

ConsThis is still a small up & coming company that has not yet made it to the big leagues. With that comes all of the fast-paced, turn on a dime requirements and potential for unplanned changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the nuts & bolts of what customer's need.

Great people, great business and great culture.

Business Development (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company is made up of great people - intelligent, hard working and a lot of fun. The offices reflect the culture - they're bright, open and foster collaboration. And the perks are good - lots of free food and drinks, fun nights out, generous vacation days and healthcare provided.

ConsWorking across three timezones can be tough, so Californians can expect early morning meeting during the working week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping the culture open and fun (whilst fostering hard work and success!) will be key.

Amazing place

ProsGreat culture, fantastic teams and a solid product that is making huge waves in the industry. Sales are going through the roof with lots of big deals. Senior Management are all perfect in their roles and the company is still hiring to fuel strong growth plans.

Cons3 global offices makes it more of a challenge to communicate wiwth colleagues, but with new video conferencing technology this is becoming easier.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is more than just a job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe people are not only brilliant at their jobs but they are great fun to work with, the opportunities for growth and progression are there for the taking, the share options mean that everyone will benefits from the success of huddle, being a huddler is more than just a job!

ConsHuddle breakfasts and lunches mean more time needed in the gym!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire amazingly talented people who are passionate about doing great work and have a fun time doing it.

Slowing down due to poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlans to take over the world
    Good environment to gain experience of tech company

ConsPoorly defined plan, jumping from battling with the mighty SharePoint to trying to complement it
    Execs are paid too much and everyone else's wages are kept low. No annual increases.
    Too much traveling and other wasted funds that should be directed to the product/engineers.
    The company has lost the race by not integrating with important features offered by other companies. Google docs for example.
    Sales have not yet defined the 'best' approach. Work in progress, therefore high employee turnover of the better talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a consultancy in to give you a sensible plan and then execute. Invest in the product above all else and learn to integrate with other applications, you cannot win this race on your own.

Proud to be a Huddler

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsAmazingly talented people, a product that you can get behind, big company results with a small company feel. Great perks over and above the standard "benefits package"

ConsKeeping pace with everyone's desire and ability to enhance the product!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we're growing, don't be distracted from doing all the little personal things that make this place unique. #keepitinhuddle

Going big and not going home

ProsSmart people in places
    Breakfast and the odd lunch
    Nice social scene with colleagues
    New offices are nice

ConsCommunication could be better with all employees
    Could you pay for drinks once in a while please?

Advice to Senior ManagementTop heavy management, let the lunatics run the asylum, you might be impressed.

Startup feel

QA Engineer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIts a startup so still improving, nice people

ConsNew offices were very depressing, Not very diverse team, lot of samey people there, technically not very good, lots of technical debt they're addressing but replacing really bad with bad isn't much of an improvement. Not agile in any way.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get some really good senior developers, address diversity.

Great start, poor finish

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people there are fantastic, if not undervalued.
    Central location
    Breakfast provided

ConsNot enough developers resulting in Huddle having to catch up instead of innovate
    Have little idea in how to reward their staff
    Poor pay by industry standards (unless you are senior management)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to start investing in the product not more sales people
    Need to start rewarding your people on the ground much more, especially as it is well known how much some of the management team are earning.

Great place to learn as a developer

ProsThis is a great place to work as a developer, as you get to work alongside some really bright, friendly people. I'm learning loads, the work is interesting and you get quite a lot of freedom to influence the product.

The company is going in the right direction and the market opportunity and potential is huge so the stock could be valuable. The culture is pretty open and transparent and the communication is good given the obstacles of having different offices.

ConsStill some work to do to get rid of the old architecture, but getting there.
    Area around the new office location is pretty dead.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more developers.

Worked for Huddle? Contribute to the Community!