Huddle House Reviews

Kenneth L. (Ken) Keymer

1. Too much for too little

Former Employee - Server in Cochran, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Cochran, GA

I worked at Huddle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at this place gives you an easy way to make a little money. It's easy to get hired if they have an opening. (Sometimes they dont because they actually have people who stay at this place for life, I guess because they lack ambition for anything that isn't trashy.) And, its actually difficult to get yourself fired. Short of "no call no show" and stealing from the register, anything else you do that is wrong will just receive a "slap on the hand."

Cons

They suck out all your life, want all of your time, never give raises, never give time off, and there is way too much drama! They rehire people that they have fired for things like stealing, sexual harassment, etc and then wonder why they have such a hard tme getting the place to operate smoothly.

Advice to Management

Hired people that actually give a crap about their jobs, so that your place doesn't suck. And then pay them what they are worth.

Abominable.

Former Employee - Server in Ripley, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Ripley, TN

I worked at Huddle House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience Easy to get hired Easy job (Server) to get the hang of as long as you can stick around long enough

Cons

Will literally hire anyone No proper help (if you mess up, you get reprimanded instead of corrected, if that makes sense)

Advice to Management

Drug tests before hiring ANYONE Proper training Start out at hire wage for servers Don't play favorites with good shifts

3. Thank GOD they closed it

Former Employee - Manager in Newton, KS
    Former Employee - Manager in Newton, KS

I worked at Huddle House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE, this company doesn't care about it's employees or it's customers. Read the comments out there on places like yelp for instance. Huddle House sucks

Cons

Everything, the owner had NO clue as to what he was doing and wouldn't listen to someone that he hired in to help put it back on track. He brought in someone from Georgia that supposedly 'wrote the book' on training, but, is working for another franchise, and yet, openly and notoriously would 'fire you' based on who you voted for, even admitted to doing that in a couple of restaurants. I told the owner he needed to hire more people, and put more people on duty at all times. He refused. Told the owner he needed to TRAIN these people better, the owner refused. Told the customer he'd have to 'eat' some of the tickets to make customers happy, THE OWNER REFUSED. You want customers, you want to win them back, you want to win them over, you have to spend now to make it later, you can't win them back by ignoring them. To late to figure it out, now you closed down the store. Deny this all you want, but it's a FACT.

Advice to Management

LOL, consider listening to people that KNOW.

5. This is a very disorganized company

Former Employee - Server in Ste Genevieve, MO
    Former Employee - Server in Ste Genevieve, MO

I worked at Huddle House part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly customers, tips, check list to work from

Cons

dish washing by hand with soap meant for a commercial dishwasher ruined my skin, I did night shifts as only waitress/bussboy/cook. I would take a picture of the schedule when it came out only to find out that i was missing my shifts. when I ask why that would happen they told me they are allowed to change the schedule without notifying anyone, so count on missing a few shifts.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to work with employees instead of against them.

6. The management in this company did not know how to run a business well.

Former Employee - Waitress in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Huddle House part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of customers who are very kind and have very interesting backgrounds.

Cons

Some restaurants would get more business if there was better advertising strategies.

Advice to Management

There should be more done to try to make the restaurant look more appealing for customers to want to come in.

7. What not to do

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fargo, ND

I worked at Huddle House

Pros

it was a very easy job.

Cons

The customers are unpleasant, the management doesn't know what they are doing, they are falsifying punch records to reflect breaks that employees aren't getting, employees are not even offered their half hour break, They are consistently running out of product, the owner doesn't pay his bills.

Advice to Management

Find a new job because huddle house will not be in business long they way it is currently being run.

8. server

Current Employee - Server/Cashier in West Point, MS
    Current Employee - Server/Cashier in West Point, MS

I have been working at Huddle House (Less than a year)

Pros

i work with pretty nice okay people

Cons

we make NO MONEY!!!!

Only if you absolutely have to.

Former Employee - Server in Savannah, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Savannah, TN

I worked at Huddle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. You always meet new and interesting people. If you work nights, at least you won't be disturbed often.

Cons

The management was rubbish and didn't care about their employees, the pay was the bare minimum allowed by law, the store owners were so concerned about keeping food costs down that popular menu items were allowed to run out. I could continue on for days about how bad it was.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, don't treat them like they're expendable and actually spend money on the essentials.

10. Not good for family life but loved the people. Wish it could have had a better life/work balance

Former Employee - Manager in Murray, KY
    Former Employee - Manager in Murray, KY

I worked at Huddle House full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun staff to work with. I miss many of the people I worked with.

Cons

On call 24 hours. It wasn't conducive to having a family and raising kids.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees

11. Working for the franchise I worked for last was different than any other franchise I had worked for before.

Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Huddle House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my employees, the customer made my day everyday. You have regulars that come in and you look forward to seeing them and your talk with them everyday. I always trained all my employees, just to make sure they was always giving great customer service.

Cons

I found that with this franchise that being a manager you have to totally deal with whatever goings wrong in the store. You learn a lot of problem solving skills that if you didn't have when you started you would have to learn before you left.

Advice to Management

I think this franchise should make the upper management help their managers more. I know as a manager for this franchise i worked sometimes 60 to 70 hours a week and was salary for only 50. Now i understand that some times these things are a necessitates, but when you lose your crew because the company cuts everyone's hours back to 28 a week and you have to work to keep store open. I worked 27 hours straight and could no longer continue to work I called my District to relieve me cause i didn't have another high volume cook for that Saturday morning. He told me to work it out, with working it out the only cook i had was not one that could cook a Saturday morning but at that time neither could I. After being home two hours I got a phone call from my District telling to get to my store now there was a problem. The problem was the cook was behind and He wouldn't not help. He told me if he had to fix it what did he need me for. So my advice to this franchise take a good look at your upper management.

RSS Feed </> Embed