Huddle

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
3.9

Alastair Mitchell

Bright people making smart decisions. Present and future is looking increasingly bright.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Management is accessible, enthusiastic, and direct.
    - A true team environment, structurally and attitudinally.
    - Excellent office vibe - folks are happy here.
    - Location, location, location.
    - We use our own product every day, so it's easy to sell.
    - Excellent vacation policy.

Cons

- The company had to go through some growing pains, which they've done gracefully.
    - This is a critically important time for the firm - this is neither a pro nor con, but the next two years are going to be the most important in the firm's history.

Keep focused.

Exciting!

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great being part of building this company. Definitely feels like more than just another job but more like we are creating something meaningful.

Offices in UK and across the US gives plenty of opps to move around.

Young and fun place to work and the food not too bad either!

Cons

Too much change and it would be good to have a more structured career plan

Listen to the troops more and take some time to chill.......we all know its exciting but calm down a bit

Probably the worst place ever.

I worked at Huddle

Pros

Provided lunches on Fridays and "cool vibe" in office (although it feels forced).

Cons

Horribly run. Management team unable to set realistic goals - no plan to get where they want to be. Product doesn't always work right and isn't as easily deployed as they want everyone to think. Below-market compensation. They are failing to capture US market and will continue to fail here - market isn't understood and customers aren't comfortable with a solution that, while the UI is good, isn't robust.

Go home - Box, DB and now Amazon will (continue to) lead the market.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid this company at all costs

I worked at Huddle full-time

Pros

- Decent office
    - Some good folks on the sales and CSM team (most have quit or have been laid off)
    - Vacation is encouraged

Cons

- Bad pay
    - Bad Management
    - High # of firings and layoffs
    - Failed in the USA 1x already
    - Management mandated employees to post positive reviews on GD (Note that there are over 6 positive reviews in a matter of 3 days). Huddle is trying offset all of the negative reviews from the disgruntled employees they fired and mistreated over the last two years
    - Lousy software in a saturated market. Huddle has no vision and does not win in competitive situations against Microsoft, Box, Dropbox, Amazon, et al.
    -Sales and CSM are encouraged to put revenue well before client needs- lying and improper business behavior is encouraged to the point where you may lose some sleep at night
    - Bizarre culture and lack of communication. Major shifts in strategy occur and client facing employees are often the last to know

Hand the keys over to people who are more competent. Kudos for getting the company to the USA and for getting some funding, but it's high- time you let some professionals take over.

Sep 11, 2014Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your feedback. The beauty of Glassdoor and its dedication to anonymity is that mandating employees to post reviews is impossible. We have invited employees in general to post their ... More

Feels like it's a good place to be. Learning lots.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive structure. Have learnt a lot from the senior management team. I feel that people care about my success. Everyone knows who you are and you're not just a number. I know what I need to do to get my next promotion.

Cons

It's hard work! That can be rewarding, but it still means you’ve got to push yourself to succeed. Also, there were a couple of people here that were very negative because they weren't hitting their quotas. That worried me at first, until I learnt to ignore them.

Don't put up with the negativity. If people are like that, they shouldn't be here. Morale improved as soon as they left.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company with a great team atmosphere in a fast pace environment. The people who work here are extremely dedicated and senior management is easily accessible. The benefits are great. They provide ample time-off and allow you to take it.

Cons

Because it is an international company, you have to become accustomed to dealing with different time zone and some days may start fairly early.

Go Big or Go Home!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working at Huddle for 6 months I feel I have found my home away from home. Just like every growing family, the office has it's ups and downs, but it's core remains rooted in an unparalleled entrepreneurial spirit. If you are willing to GO BIG and work hard, Huddle will help you achieve success.

Cons

All of the delicious snacks in the kitchen area are doing nothing for my figure

Improve communication down the line. More "fireside" chats :-)

Go big or go home? Just go home, please.

I worked at Huddle

Pros

Nice office that is now empty, so plenty of space to stretch out? Good people throughout the company.

Cons

-Half of sales has quit or been fired since the fall.
    -Product feels like a throwback to 1999 and is far behind all of the competition. Development unable to deliver important go to market updates.
    -Marketing unable to deliver clear message. Messaging has changed frequently and with no positive results.
    -Leadership team is a complete joke. You can find them prancing around the office
    with a false sense of accomplishment which is entertaining to watch, but alarming when you realize they are driving the company they somehow built into the ground.
    - No company culture (due to the misery). Enjoy the compulsory out of office & after hour events where you purchase your own drinks!
    - Pay is below market rate
    - Nepotism is the name of the game. Better be British or in the Inner Circle here or you'll find yourself getting the short end of the stick.

Board would be wise to make some changes and hire some new talent on the senior management team that are hungry and looking to do more than just collect a paycheck.

Sep 11, 2014Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your feedback. We take all comments seriously and will continue to talk with our employees and bring in new ideas to continuously improve where we can, whilst maintaining all the best ... More

Worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location is central to the city. Lots of vacation time which you can actually use.

Cons

Huddle is in real trouble. A large percentage of the sales team have been fired, laid off or quit in the last 8 weeks. Shrinking sales numbers, shrinking sales team and a dated/ broken product all spell trouble for the company.The management team does nothing to improve the situation as it is composed of outside hires who are are inexperienced and do not know the first thing about penetrating the USA market, many of whom manage from London.

Executives are simply out of touch with reality or the market that Huddle is part of. Awkward and uninspiring monthly meetings with Execs will act as source of entertainment and horror. Employees have no confidence in the leadership. No real changes are made to correct issues with the software, which has been basically unchanged for the past year. And has caused the sales team to lose the majority of opportunities that comes their way.

Don't take my word though. See for yourself. Advice to applicants: take out the free trial of the software and see if you want to sell, market, or support Huddle. That should help you make an informed decision more than any review.

All of you need a reality check. Come back down to earth and act with some humility rather than undeserving arrogance. Value anyone silly enough to stick with the company during the downtime. As it is now you'll be left with very few employees if things continue on as they have.

Sep 11, 2014Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your feedback. We have made some significant changes in the last year to the structure of our US team and sometimes change can be disruptive unfortunately. We are building a successful ... More

Slow death

I have been working at Huddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people sprinkled around the company
    Fun London location

Cons

Terrible, arrogant leadership
    Strategy is poor and even worse, it takes a long time to implement
    Technology is antiquated. Built on a house of cards
    Innovation is missing from the company
    Complete lack of transparency, backstabbing and bureaucracy you'd expect to see in a 30 year old 60k person company.
    Overpaid and over-leveraged executive staff

You should sell as soon as possible.

Worked for Huddle? Contribute to the Community!