Huddle Reviews

3.9
Morten Brøgger

1. Awesome company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle

Pros

Huddle is a truly inspiring place to work. Exceptionally talented, determined team that really enjoy building and selling a product that makes an impact in the world of collaboration. Nice sized company with strong global presence. The management team is extremely talented and diverse. Great perks and good work-life balance. An all around great startup where employees work hard and have fun!

Cons

Early mornings to accommodate different time zones but that's normal in any company with offices and clients in different continents.

Advice to Management

Continue to attract and retain top talent to grow Huddle to its full potential.

Loving it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great vibe and energy of a startup - Awesome product - creating a whole new category in content collaboration - Terrific team - diverse team across 2 countries, loads of fun to work with

Cons

- Early start to accommodate meetings with London office. Not so bad for people who live in the city, but with a long commute it can be tough.

Advice to Management

Need to improve our marketing and sales execution. We are probably the best kept secret in the industry, just need to be more visible with potential customers.

Not as bad or good as all these reviews say!

I have been working at Huddle full-time

Pros

Very nice office and very nice people for the most part. They give breakfast Monday and Lunch wednesday and drinks on Friday. It seems like these reviews are written either by happy london office people or angry SF people which makes some sense in terms of the how the company is.

Cons

This company closed in SF once so it is not as much of a startup as they like to say. It opened in 2006 and then closed in SF and then opened again. Other than FedRAMP Huddle has no features that stand out and the features people ask for will probably never be delivered but on the other hand it is a well functioning and secure collaboration platform.

Advice to Management

Well I would start with saying the communication could be better. Why is it not asking me if I approve of the CEO? I don't really, not because of anything bad to say but because there's not much that's good to say.

Dead End, No Thru Street

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hires great talent in general, so you can make great connections while you're there. Generous benefits. Fun parties.

Cons

Leadership. The president/cofounder/CMO/temporary Sales director (yes all one person) wants to be involved in everything but doesn't make good decisions. CEO doesn't seem to care. Communications are really terrible for a company that sells collaboration. They also tend to hire managers and above from outside, so there's not much room to grow. Overturn is extremely high. Morale is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring "yes men" and limit the power that any one executive has. Look, really look, at numbers. Your team is yearning to succeed, so give them the tools to actually do so.

So much potential...

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers and the ability to travel to London. Good vacation. Nice office.

Cons

Product never caught up to marketplace demands. Executive staff was never aggressive enough when it came to marketing. Relatively low pay compared with competitors.

Advice to Management

Seek acquisition.

Total lack of diversity in management. Frustrating environment. Time to go.

I have been working at Huddle full-time

Pros

I like many of my colleagues, but many of them are leaving or have left. Valuable experience to be had which will be useful in getting a job at company that is not slowly dying.

Cons

I have a real problem with the "Awesome Company!" review from June 29. It's obviously written by management: They claim "management diversity." The reality: The US executive team is 100% male and almost entirely white (one gentleman is from India). There are NO african americans, hispanics, or women on the US executive team. There is ONE white female executive leader in the UK, everyone else is a white male. Diverse? They claim "strong global presence." The reality: UK/EMEA sales are flagging. Huddle claims 100,000 organizations use their product, and this is an outright lie. Box has just signed with Huddle's most well-known customer, the UK government. They claim Huddle "makes an impact in the world of collaboration." The reality: "No new features in years plus they are rapidly losing to Box, Asana, Slack, and Hive." Hive itself was started by a former Huddle employee. Whichever corporate ghost writer Huddle ordered to write that review should be ashamed of themselves. But really, this is the problem with Huddle overall: instead of focusing on the good parts of the company, and working to fix the bad, they prefer to tell ridiculous tales and ignore the real problems (and solutions) that could have existed. I think it's too late for Huddle, but there are lessons to be learned.

Advice to Management

None. Management wouldn't listen anyway.

Terrible Management, Dead Man Walking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Huddle

Pros

Are there actually any pros? Its a job I suppose so you can pay your rent. Let's move on to the next section shall we?

Cons

Management is terrible, from middle up to the head of the company. Morale was at an all time low when I left and nothing was being done. Management does not seem to know how to manage! This affects all departments. The company culture feels very forced. Don't be fooled, this is not a start-up atmosphere. Pay is consistently under market for everyone(except management) and the bonus scheme doesn't even merit mention as targets are never reached. There is a huge divide between the US employees and the UK employees at Huddle. If you work in the US, you are a second class citizen and that will never change. 90% of employees haven't been there more than 2 years.

Advice to Management

Stop treating the US like it is the same as the UK.

Agile cloud software company - focused in the right areas

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is important and key, leadership is open to suggestions, ideas and feedback from everyone in the company. Transparency is there, its always hard to include everyone in big decisions, but there is open communication and direction

Cons

Internal promotions should be increased to keep key personnel and encourage tenure. There have been a lot of external hires in the past 6 months, which is great to add additional skills, but there are a tremendous amount of excellent performers internally that should be up-leveled to retain.

Advice to Management

Driving toward company goals is always key for any growth company, but allowing individuals to overachieve on their own goals (which are always tied into the larger corporate goal) should also be rewarded. Many people don't have a direct impact on revenue, but are only being measured on that criteria.

From BAD to WORSE

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huddle had a great team in place in early 2013, however due to changes in the management team and C-levels not having the business knowledge to make educated decisions most of SF office was gone by the end of 2013. They have tried since to re- build their team and gave a promotion to a sales leader that was not respected throughout the organization (in fact when it was announced in an all hands meeting not one person clapped). I gave the review 2 stars instead of 1 because despite all of the commotion through 2013-2014 I was able to meet my revenue goals because I stayed focused and did not let the commotion derail me. Make sure to do your due diligence before joining this company... data storage is now FREE!

Cons

With just a few US reps left in place in early 2014 they brought in a new leader who looked us all in the eyes on day one and said "don't worry I am not here to hire a new team", even though from day one they were already interviewing candidates (who have ZERO experience in tech sales). The rest of the US team was let go shortly after (with full pipelines and making monthly goals) HUGE MISTAKE. Huddle has had a BAD 2014, missed all revenue targets and somehow has gotten some funding. We had asked that our compensation be looked at and revamped for 2014, they promised they would re-asses the plans and make them competitive. The changes they made took money directly out of every-single sales reps pockets as well as the base pay is $20k+ below market rate. We pushed back (as a team) and they forced us to sign or not get paid.

Advice to Management

C-level execs. need to step up there game or be let go. All of the 2012-2014 team (throughout the SF office) is gone, does this mean anything to you? I recently looked at a picture from our 2014 kickoff- out of the 45 people present 6 are still at Huddle (includes 2 of the execs).

Huddle Response

Dec 19, 2014 – Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your comments. We have made some significant changes to our sales team as we increased our focus on enterprise customers. 7 of our biggest 10 deals ever happened in 2014. We have brought ... More

Exciting!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great being part of building this company. Definitely feels like more than just another job but more like we are creating something meaningful. Offices in UK and across the US gives plenty of opps to move around. Young and fun place to work and the food not too bad either!

Cons

Too much change and it would be good to have a more structured career plan

Advice to Management

Listen to the troops more and take some time to chill.......we all know its exciting but calm down a bit

RSS Feed </> Embed