Huddle Reviews

Updated April 7, 2015
35 reviews filtered by
4.3
Morten Brøgger

Bright people making smart decisions. Present and future is looking increasingly bright.

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Management is accessible, enthusiastic, and direct.
    - A true team environment, structurally and attitudinally.
    - Excellent office vibe - folks are happy here.
    - Location, location, location.
    - We use our own product every day, so it's easy to sell.
    - Excellent vacation policy.

Cons

- The company had to go through some growing pains, which they've done gracefully.
    - This is a critically important time for the firm - this is neither a pro nor con, but the next two years are going to be the most important in the firm's history.

Advice to Management

Keep focused.

2. Agile cloud software company - focused in the right areas

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is important and key, leadership is open to suggestions, ideas and feedback from everyone in the company. Transparency is there, its always hard to include everyone in big decisions, but there is open communication and direction

Cons

Internal promotions should be increased to keep key personnel and encourage tenure. There have been a lot of external hires in the past 6 months, which is great to add additional skills, but there are a tremendous amount of excellent performers internally that should be up-leveled to retain.

Advice to Management

Driving toward company goals is always key for any growth company, but allowing individuals to overachieve on their own goals (which are always tied into the larger corporate goal) should also be rewarded. Many people don't have a direct impact on revenue, but are only being measured on that criteria.

From BAD to WORSE

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huddle had a great team in place in early 2013, however due to changes in the management team and C-levels not having the business knowledge to make educated decisions most of SF office was gone by the end of 2013. They have tried since to re- build their team and gave a promotion to a sales leader that was not respected throughout the organization (in fact when it was announced in an all hands meeting not one person clapped). I gave the review 2 stars instead of 1 because despite all of the commotion through 2013-2014 I was able to meet my revenue goals because I stayed focused and did not let the commotion derail me. Make sure to do your due diligence before joining this company... data storage is now FREE!

Cons

With just a few US reps left in place in early 2014 they brought in a new leader who looked us all in the eyes on day one and said "don't worry I am not here to hire a new team", even though from day one they were already interviewing candidates (who have ZERO experience in tech sales). The rest of the US team was let go shortly after (with full pipelines and making monthly goals) HUGE MISTAKE. Huddle has had a BAD 2014, missed all revenue targets and somehow has gotten some funding.

We had asked that our compensation be looked at and revamped for 2014, they promised they would re-asses the plans and make them competitive. The changes they made took money directly out of every-single sales reps pockets as well as the base pay is $20k+ below market rate. We pushed back (as a team) and they forced us to sign or not get paid.

Advice to Management

C-level execs. need to step up there game or be let go. All of the 2012-2014 team (throughout the SF office) is gone, does this mean anything to you? I recently looked at a picture from our 2014 kickoff- out of the 45 people present 6 are still at Huddle (includes 2 of the execs).

Huddle Response

Dec 19, 2014Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your comments. We have made some significant changes to our sales team as we increased our focus on enterprise customers. 7 of our biggest 10 deals ever happened in 2014. We have brought ... More

Exciting!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great being part of building this company. Definitely feels like more than just another job but more like we are creating something meaningful.

Offices in UK and across the US gives plenty of opps to move around.

Young and fun place to work and the food not too bad either!

Cons

Too much change and it would be good to have a more structured career plan

Advice to Management

Listen to the troops more and take some time to chill.......we all know its exciting but calm down a bit

Probably the worst place ever.

I worked at Huddle

Pros

Provided lunches on Fridays and "cool vibe" in office (although it feels forced).

Cons

Horribly run. Management team unable to set realistic goals - no plan to get where they want to be. Product doesn't always work right and isn't as easily deployed as they want everyone to think. Below-market compensation. They are failing to capture US market and will continue to fail here - market isn't understood and customers aren't comfortable with a solution that, while the UI is good, isn't robust.

Advice to Management

Go home - Box, DB and now Amazon will (continue to) lead the market.

Feels like it's a good place to be. Learning lots.

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive structure. Have learnt a lot from the senior management team. I feel that people care about my success. Everyone knows who you are and you're not just a number. I know what I need to do to get my next promotion.

Cons

It's hard work! That can be rewarding, but it still means you’ve got to push yourself to succeed. Also, there were a couple of people here that were very negative because they weren't hitting their quotas. That worried me at first, until I learnt to ignore them.

Advice to Management

Don't put up with the negativity. If people are like that, they shouldn't be here. Morale improved as soon as they left.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company with a great team atmosphere in a fast pace environment. The people who work here are extremely dedicated and senior management is easily accessible. The benefits are great. They provide ample time-off and allow you to take it.

Cons

Because it is an international company, you have to become accustomed to dealing with different time zone and some days may start fairly early.

9. Go Big or Go Home!

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working at Huddle for 6 months I feel I have found my home away from home. Just like every growing family, the office has it's ups and downs, but it's core remains rooted in an unparalleled entrepreneurial spirit. If you are willing to GO BIG and work hard, Huddle will help you achieve success.

Cons

All of the delicious snacks in the kitchen area are doing nothing for my figure

Advice to Management

Improve communication down the line. More "fireside" chats :-)

Slow death

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people sprinkled around the company
    Fun London location

Cons

Terrible, arrogant leadership
    Strategy is poor and even worse, it takes a long time to implement
    Technology is antiquated. Built on a house of cards
    Innovation is missing from the company
    Complete lack of transparency, backstabbing and bureaucracy you'd expect to see in a 30 year old 60k person company.
    Overpaid and over-leveraged executive staff

Advice to Management

You should sell as soon as possible.

Great people and great offices but some big negatives

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are great - intelligent, fun, sociable and (for the most part) dedicated.
    The office space is also great, plus you get some fun perks such as free beer, lunches, and quarterly company sponsored social events.
    Some upward mobility, and rapidly, if you are liked by the right people.

Cons

Huge disparity between the 'co-headquarters' - a real case of the left hand having no idea what the right hand is doing.
    If you aren't drinking the Coolaid you may not fit in with the culture.
    For a collaboration company there is a large top-down hierarchy, management aren't overly receptive to ideas from the ground floor.
    Very aggressive hire and fire policy, most of the staff live in fear of their jobs and a good proportion are actively searching, which doesn't lend a feeling of permanency to the place.
    Morale was very low during the time I was there, but they were working to improve that.
    Low pay compared to the market, and hard work due to the need to be seen overachieving in the eyes of the Execs.

Advice to Management

Worry less about having cool toys in the office and more about your staff.