Hudson Advisors

www.hudson-advisors.com

Hudson Advisors Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
Hudson Advisors – Dallas – “Office Build in Dallas, TX”

Bob Corcoran

Not a bad experience!

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCompetitive salary and good bonus

ConsMicromanagement, there is no flexibility, long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees

Dreadful

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, solid platform and track record

ConsMicromanagement, high turnover, low morale, terrible culture, highly political work environment, long hours, tedious and uninteresting work, every man for himself mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like valued human beings

OK money, totally demoralizing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros* Pretty decent salary
    * Great benefits - fully covered insurance
    * Convenient location in midtown Manhattan
    * Easy job tasks and ability to have outside interests, if you're able to check your personality at the door and prioritize your time
    * Great snacks/kitchen (I'm really digging here...)

Cons* ZERO loyalty, unless you're in the top clique-circle
    * People are fired for no reason at all, or because management feels threatened by competence
    * Rude management who show no respect for their workers, to the point of verbal, public shaming
    * Micromanaging
    * Ego and greed beyond belief
    * Questionable morals
    * Terrible morale
    * High turn over - the job is considered a 3 year stepping stone and then you're either fired, or want to leave.

Advice to Senior Management* Hire people who can do their job, and then let them.
    * Treat the people on your team with respect and loyalty and you might receive the same in return.
    * Understand that you're not the most important people in the world, and that sometimes disgusting displays of greed and waste are just that - disgusting.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management treats employees with disrespect. Long hours are caused by management's inefficient processes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsDallas office-If you enjoy working with 40 other people in one large room, without cube walls, you may like this place.

ConsCheck your ethics at the door. Sr mgmt buys pools of loans and then doesn't like getting only the coupon payment. It thinks its cost of funds is in the range of 20-25% (really?) and instructs its asset managers to look for defaults, to foreclose loans. It does not want to merely bring the loans current and collect the 5-6% coupon payment. By foreclosing and selling property, the company can earn more than a 6% return. Asset managers are instructed to not work with borrowers but instead foreclose as fast as possible. Overhead is likely huge based on the horribly inefficient processes, expensive office space, and a bureacracy of checkers checking checkers, etc. Management is truly disrespectful to its workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk yourself this, 'is the world a better place because you are part of it, or is the world worse off because you are here?' Do you think you treat your employees and others with respect? Hire an independent company to conduct a focus group of your employees and their suggestions. I bet you would be shocked with the feedback.

Information Technology

ProsSalary is reasonable, not great.

ConsIt is political to the extreme!! If you don't mind being undermined, micromanaged or having to kiss butt on the regular, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLEAD!!! Remember that you hired certain people for their skill set, not so you could just use them when it was convenient like a toy you got bored with. Back them up and watch out for their best interests as well as your own.

Great company. Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTop notch people working for a common goal.

ConsSEC compliance and other deadlines are difficult to comply with.

Forget about work/life balance, not being stressed out, or having job stability.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat benefits, pretty good compensation, lots of professional development opportunities

ConsPeople are routinely fired for no cause and with no corrective measures, or counseling, taken prior to discharge. Managers are quick to cuss, verbally berate, and require excessive hours (very late nights, weekends, calls while on vacations/weddings). If you are looking for a minimal stress position with a company that stresses work/life balance, keep looking.

Do not work at this place if you have a personality

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe most awful place I have ever worked in my life.

ConsManagement does not communicate with employees. Everyone is a Director or Vice President. The environment is not friendly and does not communicate with anyone. Terrible place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it is too late for this company to turn around.,

Asset Manager

Asset Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe 800 lb gorilla of the industry. Name recognition. Well funded, capitalized company. Many talented employees. Decision making at the asset level is good.

ConsThe organization is inefficient and dysfunctional. Senior management lacks respect for employees' time and opinions and manages by intimidation. Processes are grossly inefficient and poorly conceived, resulting in repeated process changes, delays and employee overtime. The lack of work flow automation causes employees to input the same info, often clerical, repeatedly across tasks. Vendors not paid timely. Management seems to hire talented employees but then doesn't trust them with the simplest of tasks; little is accomplished without multiple manager approvals. Checkers checking checkers....

Out of Touch Senior Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits are some of the best of any industry and their corporate location and facilities are above average compared to most.

ConsPoor - and sometime non-existent - communication between senior level and mid level management adversely impacted the Investment Accounting department. Internal hiring policy was inconsistently applied and undercut the effectiveness of managers to plan resources and allocate responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe decision to outsource critical HR functions clearly led to numerous communication issues that adversely impacted my position, specifically, and created a poisonous environment of distrust and management ineptitude within the Investment Accounting department.

Worked for Hudson Advisors? Contribute to the Community!